“Average”

Ranked #52 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
tullamore
“Average”
Reviewed 23 June 2012

I stayed in the Arlington Hotel recently in a triple room. The staff were very helpful and went the extra mile especially the lady in charge of the breakfast room.We had dinner in the lounge in the evening (group of 9) again the staff were helpful but the food was a bit cold.The entertainment was very enjoyable and was appreciated by all.The biggest disappointment was that the toilet in our en suite was not clean on our arrival. In fact there was some faecus on the lid which I found disgusting.

Room Tip: Ask for quiet room away from noise of nightclub
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank maureenTullamore
, Sales & Marketing Manager at Arlington Hotel O'Connell Bridge, responded to this review, 25 June 2012
Dear Trip Advisor Member

Thank you for submitting your review and the wonderful comments about the staff, and the show. Our custoner service is of the highest priority to us,and I was very happy to read that you found this to be of a high standard during your stay. I am however disappointed to read the points about your room on arrival. As Trip Advisor doesnt give us fuill details of when you stayed and your full name I would like to ask you to contact me directly at sales@arlington.ie so I can investigate the matter further.

I once again thank you very much for your kind comments and would very much like the chance to welcome you back to the Arlington Hotel in the future.

Kind Regards

Claire Kiernan
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (502)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 June 2012

Not the poshest hotel in Dublin, but it has a certain atmosphere, and is ideally located to enjoy what Dublin has to offer.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Barroni45
Saratoga Springs, New York
Reviewed 16 June 2012

Our first impression of this hotel came with the receptionist. She was young, rude, and clearly looked inconvenienced that we were there. The rooms were decent sized but nothing special. Shower was difficult to use...temperature wouldn't regulate well. Our first morning we had there free breakfast; there were 4 of us eating, all served out of the same container of eggs but my tasted extremely gamey. Everyone else's were fine. Mine was inedible. The next morning I skipped the eggs but my husband got them because his were fine the day before......gamey again!!! But the other couple we were with had normal tasting eggs. Not sure what was going on there but it left a bad taste in my mouth (no pun intended).

The positives were the location. Very close to everything..especially Grafton Street. We were even able to walk to the Guiness brewery...took about 20-25 minutes. Also, the bar in the hotel was very nice..they have an Irish dancing show at night whcih they offer a dinner with admission. We didn't sign up for dinner and just sat at the bar for drinks...but get there early because other people have the same idea.

Dublin itself was nice...but not really the quintesential Ireland I was looking for. It was just like any other big city. I was happy to leave and get out into the country and experinece the real Ireland. While in Dublin though, I highly recommend going up to the Newgrange monolithic tombs. There are bus tours but are as short as 3 hrs and as long as all day. We like freedome to take our time...or speed through something if we don't really like it. Just get there as close to opening time if you haven't set up a tour becuase tickets are first come first serve and they can fill up fast.

Room Tip: Try to get a higher floor because the hotel bar can be noisy if you go to sleep early.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Kakipants
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 14 June 2012

I was so happy with the location of this hotel that pretty much nothing about it could have made me not like it. Located right on the river, just a few minutes from the city centre, it was the perfect spot for exploring Dublin. Plus, I was taking a Paddywagon Tour and it took me 5 minutes to walk from the hotel to the departure point.

The room was nothing special but nice enough, with a huge double bed, a spacious bathroom with a tub, and a large window. My only real complaint was that I could hear the music from downstairs until about 11 or midnight. Eventually I fell asleep to it and when I woke up, it was quiet.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Gigikins07
Cheadle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 June 2012

Had a very pleasant return to the Arlington Hotel on Sunday night. It has really changed, the last time I was there it was full of hen and stag parties. Now they have a really professional music and dance show with a 3 course meal. The whole deal is 35 Euros and well worth the money. The music and dance are local and traditional. If you like Riverdance you'll love this show and the food is delicious. The Manager - Lee is very attentive and personally oversees the night. Very impressed and would definitely recommend to everyone visiting Dublin as a must see show.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends