“Great location fab time cant wait to go again”

Arlington Hotel O'Connell Bridge
Ranked #51 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 1 May 2012

The hotel was clean friendly the service was great. It's within walking distance of the main sites. Easy access to transport overall a great place.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank judebron
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 30 April 2012

Number of travellers - 3
Room - Triple Room (3 single beds). (Breakfast included)

First positive about this hotel is it offers triple & quad rooms (3/4 single beds) .

Room:
Positives:
Huge size. Could fit another 2 beds in.
Comfy beds.
Very clean.
Cosy.

Negatives:
Small bathroom that could do with a revamp.

On the hotel itself:
Great location.
Friendly and Helpful staff.
Very tasty breakfast.

I've stayed in other hotels in Dublin and this has to be one of the best.

All in all. I enjoyed my stay and i would recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 April 2012

I stayed in the Arlington, O'Connell St Bridge from 23-27 April. I have to say that despite my initial assessment of the entrance and reception area which I found to be dark and dingy, the accommodation corridors and rooms were excellent; bright and clean and entirely sufficient. It is a busy hotel in the evenings for tourists and visitors attending the diddly music show and dinner but surprisingly it was quite entertaining and there was a good atmosphere. My room was adjacent to the lane that houses the youth hostel and there was the usual young people noise but this was not too uncomfortable. I found the staff to be without exception very friendly and helpful. While this is not the usual type of hotel I would normally stay at when returning home for visits, I found it more that adequate for my needs with the added benefit of being in the middle of all the city centre action. I would not be averse to returning.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ian E
Reviewed 24 April 2012

Just returned from a two night stay in Dublin and stayed at The Arlington O'Connell Bridge. It is in a very central location, just off O'Connell Street, and the Aircoach from Cork stops right outside the door, so that is a big plus. It is ideally located for anyone planning a few nights out in the capital as there are a multitude of pubs, clubs and restaurants right on your doorstep. For tourists coming to Dublin it is within easy walking distance of many of the cities attractions including Temple Bar and Grafton Street. The hotel staff were very friendly and helpful and the room I had was spacious and clean. There was a problem with the hot water tap in the bathroom but this was sorted out during my stay. I had a room on the first floor, and although I could hear some noise from the bar at night I cannot say that it affected my sleep. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper I would ask for a room on a higher floor and on the side opposite to the...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Michael L
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I'm not sure if I should be writing for this hotel or the Arlington Hotel-Temple Bar but since this was where we actually stayed I'll do it for this one. We had reservations for the Temple Bar location but when we arrived, after the told us where to park our car, they informed us they had over booked and did not have enough room for the us in the rooms we had already paid for. They sent us to their sister hotel which had no parking spots left for us. The guy at the desk was so nervous he wouldn't talk to us about the mix up. So we left our car and took a taxi. The check in was easy but the rooms were the least impressive and most expensive of our entire trip in Ireland. The staff is friendly for the most part and had good restaurant recommendations, that and the location are the only good things I have to say a out this hotel. The night before check out we arranged our taxi back to the car and had our ticket validated. Knowing we were leaving at 7:45 AM, not once did they mention the car park was not 24 hours or would not be open and we would not get the hotel discbeware as it would not be staffed. We had to call a service to unlock the garage to avoid missing our plane. The service cost an extra $60 USD and then we still had to pay full price to get out. Given that the rooms were outdated and only somewhat clean, plus the constant hassle for the two days were stayed, I would not recommend this hotel.

Stayed: April 2012