“No better place for pre-theater food when going to the Bord Gais Theater”
Review of Stir Restaurant

Stir Restaurant
Ranked #677 of 2,804 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: European, Irish, Italian, Healthy
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Stir Restaurant is regarded as one of the finest restaurants in Dublin offering an array of both Irish & European dishes to tempt your taste buds. Each dish is carefully prepared by our team of expert chefs and is complimented by a fantastic choice of fine wines. Stir restaurant has also teamed up with Club Vitae Leisure Club to create some healthy eating options. Designed to reflect the cosmopolitan nature of the area, Stir restaurant can accommodate a range of guest requirements, from families to couples and corporate guests to lone travellers on business. Our location deserves a standing ovation as we are located just across the street from Bord Gais Energy Theatre. We have been one of the best pre-theatre dining spots since the theatre opened. We make the theatre experience complete for you with a special pre-theatre menu with a choice of 2 courses for €27.00 or 3 courses for €31.00 per person.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Great pre-theater menu and just a few minutes walk to the Bord Gais Theater
Delicious fish and chicken dishes were had on my last visit and the wine is also great!

You can relax in the bar before the restaurant opens at 5.30 and the enjoy 3 leisurely courses before heading to the show.

Highly recommended!

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

We have had our breakfast at the Stir Restaurant for four days now. It is superb. The variety of food and quality of the service are fantastic.

Reviewed 23 February 2018 via mobile

Ate here with work, service was okay but staff seemed very preoccupied and got orders wrong and took a very long time to deliver. Not horrific but considering how much the company paid we would have expected a lot better food and service.

Reviewed 14 February 2018 via mobile

My partner and I purchased a Groupon for 2 main meals and drinks for €25. I had a glass of rosé wine, he had a Guiness. There were some main meals previously specified on the Groupon website that we were supposed to choose from, but our waitress said we could choose any main meal from the Valentine’s Day menu (which had more options). I chose the chicken supreme, whilst my partner had belly pork.
Although service was remarkably slow, our food was worth the wait - it was delicious, and well-presented (as shown in the pictures I’ve attached to this review). I was so impressed with the food I paid an extra €6.50 for a creme brûlée dessert.
For just over €30, the food was great. However I wouldn’t pay regular prices for this meal, so my advice to anyone would be purchase a Groupon and use that in the restaurant.
As I’ve said previously, the service was slow but we weren’t in a hurry! The decor was pleasant and the overall environment was ambient.

Reviewed 22 January 2018

Used a groupon for a meal for two . Arrived at 6pm and already beef was sold out . something to do with delivery not arriving on time . There was one chicken dish and the rest fish so not much options for non fish eaters. Manager was helpful and offered a glass of wine. Then had a few cocktails in the bar which were nice but slow service and very dull atmosphere .