1,271 results
All reviews opposite the bus station city centre o'connell street temple bar taxi rank tram stop few minutes walk light sleeper location is ideal reception staff booked this hotel luas buses concert dart arena liffey
Reviewed 18 February 2018

I booked 2 rooms for my daughter and me, paid the same price for both. My room was a good size, hers was much smaller. Her shower was like a hose, no spray. Her tv would not switch on. Getting to the rooms was a nightmare, we were told they were in the Georgian wing but what that really meant was we could not use the lifts to get anywhere near our rooms. It was up and down so many sets of stairs it was ridiculous. And to pay over 100 euros a night each for these rooms was robbery. The only redeeming (!) things were the staff were lovely and the food was good.

Room Tip: go somewhere else
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank acb_wok
LucaChevalier, Front Office Manager at Beresford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2018

Dear acb_wok,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the Beresford hotel.
We welcome all feedback whether positive or negative as it helps us to make sure we are meeting our guests’ preferences. We are obviously disappointed that your experience did not fulfil your expectations.
The Georgian wing that is the historical part of the Hotel has a lift that services all the floors, knowing that you were having difficulties getting to the room and with the TV our front desk staff would have been happy to help as the reception is open 24h.
Thank you so much for your highlighting our lovely staff and good food.
We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.
Kind Regards

Reviewed 15 February 2018 via mobile

I visited this hotel with 3 other friends. We had never been to Dublin before and due to us all being from different areas we all arrived at the hotel at different times.
We wanted directions and from the get go, the girl at the reception was the rudest individual we had all experienced during any trip we had ever been on. She literally would roll her eyes, sigh and looked down on us.
A manager, I presume, stepped in at this point but was just as if not more rude than the first girl making us feel stupid and uncomfortable.
If you’re looking to book this hotel I would strongly suggest you think otherwise.

Stayed: February 2018
3  Thank ruthallison98
Reviewed 9 February 2018 via mobile

Myself and my partner recently stayed here we payed 89 for the room which is of course the normal expected price how ever when we got down to our room it was clearly not the room we booked when checking online. We went back to reception and clearly told them that this was not or nowhere near the room that was advertised even showing the man on duty at time he informed us that there was no other rooms available and that he was still waiting for people to check in and that if there was any further issues we could take them up with the manager in the morning. So the following morning we went down to reception to check out asked for the manager and he actually told us that not all the rooms are advertised online ahhh hello i kinda guessed that because we were thrown into a complete dump of a room 89 euro cumon a hostel would have been nicer. He did state there was renovations goin on in the hotel but thats not my problem and i wouldnt mind it wasnt a last minute booking we made it was a couple of months ago. We had considered changing hotels only for the fact we didnt have time and had purchased tickets for a concert in the 3arena. Room was cold no fan working in the bathroom 1 pillow each both were as flat as a pancake. You could hear some one sweepimg out the back the staff at the desk wernt very helpfull either that or there limited to what there aloud say or do. Honestly i really am not a fussy person but there was no value for money at all in that room and the way the situation was handled was very poor there was no effort made whats so ever to even try find us another room it really isnt fair to habe to drive 4 hours and end up like that with no willing of any help from anyone i cannot get over how bad things were and before this review went up i clearly stated above there was numerous attempts to try get help from staff members and some manager at the desk in the morning but none what so ever. Had food in the bar it was tasty.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Aaronor1
LucaChevalier, Front Office Manager at Beresford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2018

Dear Aaronor1,
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent stay with us and for highlighting our tasty bar food, which is served every day from 12 to 9 pm at ‘’Le Monde bar café’’.
We welcome all feedback whether positive or negative as it helps us to make sure we are meeting our guest’s preferences.
As explained at the checkout you have been allocated to a standard double room that has all the facilities advertised on the website. We are a 3 star hotel, we meet all Failte Ireland regulations and the hotel premises are regularly inspected by competent institutions. Our hotel has a very characteristic structure and presents different type of furniture, decorations, bedding's, styles and views. As websites are limited with the amount of pictures that can be showed, only some sample room pictures can be published. The pictures that are published on the website are the pictures of rooms and common areas within the premises of the Beresford Hotel IFSC.
Unfortunately as we were running 100% occupancy we were not able to offer you alternative room, I am absolutely sure that our front desk team would have fully refunded your reservation and would have helped you to book a hotel meeting your expectations if only you had signaled such a will.
Warm regards

Reviewed 8 February 2018

Yesterday at lunch I called into the restaurant in this hotel. I work across the street from this hotel and have called in many times for lunch and dinner. I have always had a pleasant experience and the food has always been good. Yesterday was no exception and the waitress was very pleasant.
As I was leaving the restaurant a friend contacted me and said he would join me in a few minutes so I decided to wait in the lobby. I sat down by the window and in less than 5 minutes a member of the reception staff approached me and asked if I was a guest. I said no, to which he apologised and informed me that the lobby was for guests of the hotel only and asked me to leave. I said I was waiting for a friend and he asked if the friend was a guest of the hotel which I said no. He again insisted that I leave. I informed him that i had just eaten in the restaurant, but he persisted that I leave. I decided not to argue further as I no longer left welcome and didn’t want to be in the middle of an argument when my friend arrived. I wonder if my friend had have arrived before I was asked to leave and we were conversing in the lobby would we have been approached and asked to leave.

The staff at this hotel will never have the opportunity to ask me or my friends to leave again. And I will never set foot in there again unless it is in an official capacity as part of my work.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
5  Thank Simon T

Dear Simon,
Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience and for your kind comment regarding our very good food and pleasant staff.
I am very disappointed to read about your experience in the lobby and i think there has been a terrible misunderstanding. In order to investigate on this matter and give us a chance to make this right please contact me directly at info@beresfordhotelifsc.com quoting this review, i hope we can make you change your mind and you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back at the Il Vignardo Italian restaurant.
Kind regards

Reviewed 6 February 2018

The room was ok, nice position in city centre, but was not able to sleep well because of the old ventilation system that literally vibrates through the walls all night long, not possible to turn it off.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank tmn770

Dear tmn770,
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent stay with us, and for highlighting our great location, the hotel is very well located in the centre of Dublin City and the many modes of transport are right out of the door.
Our reception is open 24h, as we do not have an old ventilation system, knowing that your stay was being effected by the noise we would have been happy to investigate the matter and address the issue straight away.
Hopefully we’ll have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Beresford hotel in the future.
Kind regards