“Only good thing is location”
Review of Beresford Hotel

Beresford Hotel
Ranked #99 of 152 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

Very old hotel, lot of maintenance needed. The WC was broken. Very noisy place, day and night coming from the trams, the train and bus station. The only good thing it's very well located and staff was friendly. I wouldn't recommend to pay the hotel breakfast, lots of good restaurants around.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
LucaChevalier, Front Office Manager at Beresford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2017

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at the Beresford Hotel and for highlighting our great location and friendly staff.
We take our guests feedback on board and use it to improve our services and facilities.
We are very sorry to hear that your overall experience with us was impacted by the noise level, however due to our central location with various transport options right out of the door it is extremely convenient to move easily around the centre of Dublin.
We also have rooms facing the courtyard and knowing that your stay was impacted by the noise, we would have offered alternative option.
Hopefully on your next visit you will get the opportunity to try our delicious all you can eat full Irish and continental breakfast is served in the restaurant at the discounted price for residents of 10 euro per person, it includes Hot & Cold buffet, selection of fresh fruits, juices and much more.
We look forward to welcome you back to Dublin in the near future

Reviewed 15 October 2017

The WORST bed and WORST night's sleep I've ever had! Appalling! The bed was SOOooo bad - more like a truckle bed with a plastic mattress than a hotel bed - that I couldn't get comfortable even lying on the 2nd duvet over BOTH decorative quilted runners. I spent more time awake than asleep which left me so tired in the morning that it made working really hard.
And then, in the morning, I found that the shower was FIXED at lukewarm! So I couldn't even wake myself up after one of the worst night's sleep of my life - and they charged me over £200 for the pleasure. I've never known the like. What is the point of having a nicely decorated reception area if the bed is so cheap and nasty you can't sleep in it and the shower fixed so you can't have a decent shower.
How stingy and what a rip off!
AND - with regard to Booking.com - I found that the hotel had printed out my FULL credit card details, including name, full number, expiry date AND CCV. Is this even legal?
I will NEVER book through Booking.com ever again if you are going to send around my credit card details so freely.
I have posted my comments about The Beresford Hotel on their FB page and am about to post the same on Trip Advisor. No one should have to pay SO much over the odds for a bed that would be bad even in a £20 a night hostel.

Room Tip: Do not stay here. I ignored other travellers' warnings; please don't do the same.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business

Dear Carole S,
We welcome all feedback whether positive or negative as it helps us to make sure we are meeting our guests’ preferences. We are obviously disappointed that your experience at the Beresford Hotel did not fulfil your expectations.
I am sorry to hear that the room failed your expectations and your comments are passed on to relevant Department Managers, as we are always looking to improve our overall service and Guest satisfactory.
Our orthopaedic mattresses are up to standard in every hotel room, and they are replaced when required ensuring that all our guests will have a comfortable rest.
Our reception is operating 24h and knowing that the water temperature was not hot enough for you to have a shower, we would have certainly taken immediate action.
Our rates are influenced by both the availability of rooms of the hotel as well as other factors (i.e. local events, congresses, holidays, periodicity, etc.), hence, they fluctuate accordingly. Rates are updated in real time and displayed online for guests to book, should they choose to.
We sincerely hope you will give us opportunity to welcome you back at the Beresford Hotel and restore your faith in our Hotel.
Kind Regards

Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

Arrived late evening. Enquired when breakfast was served as I had a 06:30 start next morning. Too early for my prepaid hot breakfast so reception took a note to provide a "grab bag". They told me it would have breakfast items like croissant, cereal, piece of fruit and drink.
Arrived at reception next morning and was given a bag with bottle of water, cheese and ham sandwich, apple and small muffin. I ask for my breakfast payment to be refunded as this was not breakfast but they declined.
Euro180 single room, cold with no functioning heater, outdated decor and thin walls. Was woken at 01:30 am by next door arriving in and talking loudly.
Disappointing result by Beresford hotel . I will give my future business bookings elsewhere.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Colin B
LucaChevalier, Front Office Manager at Beresford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2017

Dear Guest,
We welcome all feedback whether positive or negative as it helps us to make sure we are meeting our guests’ preferences. We are obviously disappointed that your experience at the Beresford Hotel did not fulfill your expectations.
Breakfast is served in the Hotel from 7-10am daily and during the weekend from 8-11am and we provide selection of Full Irish and continental breakfast. Due to request for take away breakfast, we did our best to accommodate your request and prepared food which is suitable for take away.
Our take away breakfast consists: bottle of water, sandwich, fruit and pastry.
The breakfast was pre- booked with the accommodation at a discounted price and therefore it was non-refundable.

Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

Stayed in early October 2017, our room was very small and outdated. The mattresses were thinking and uncomfortable, as if from years of use. The room was warm so we opened the window just in time for the train to go but just outside the window. We asked to change rooms and they were booked ,but we were blamed for not asking for a quite room. I never would have thought to ask for quite room before.
I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. It feels like just a step above a hostel.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Due to our central location some of our rooms may be impacted by noise during the day. Unfortunately we were at 100% occupancy on that day due to the last minute bookings, and we were unable to accommodate you request.
I hope you will give us opportunity to welcome you back and restore your faith in our Hotel.

Reviewed 28 September 2017

Chosen because of the location to the heart of the City, pubs, things to do, restaurants, tours, and being next to a light rail and bus. It was quite, clean, good service, and a solid place for a good price.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank cdhcch

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your recent experience at the Beresford Hotel and for highlighting our location as well as our clean rooms and good service.
The hotel is very well located in the centre of Dublin City and the many modes of transport are right out of the door and it is extremely convenient to move easily around the centre of Dublin.
We are really looking forward to welcome you back at the Beresford Hotel in near future for another wonderful stay.