“Brilliant Hotel right in the heart of Dublin!!”
Review of The Westbury

The Westbury
Ranked #6 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Scarborough, United Kingdom
“Brilliant Hotel right in the heart of Dublin!!”
Reviewed 6 March 2012

We went to Dublin for a 2 night weekend break. The hotel was expensive but worth it and as we havent been away since last June we thought it was worth it!! The hotel decor was great, we stayed in a superior room and although the view out of our back window wasnt the greatest, the hotel room was clean and pleasent. The hotel staff were friendly and helpful, check in and check out was quick and easy. The room was clean on arrival and was maintained during our stay. Our bedding was even changed for our 2nd night. There was some lovely touches such as chocolate on our pillows. The location was ideal located right near Grafton Street and in walking distance of all the local attractions. The only negative if i can think of any was that the shower wasn't very powerful, there were a couple of stains on the carpets and also a bit of wallpaper had pealed off but this is only if i am been picky. Overall an excellent stay and would recommend to anyone, the hotel was great and Dublin is perfect for a city break.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Charl1987otte
WehManager, Guest Relations Manager at The Westbury, responded to this review, 12 March 2012
Dear Charl 1987 otte,

I would like to thank you for your custom and for your favourable review of The Westbury Hotel on Tripadvisor.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your overall stay and that both The Westbury Hotel and Dublin lived up to your expectations. We do take pride in our hotel's unbeatable location and it's excellent presentation which we strive to maintain to the very highest of standards in terms of service, comfort and decorative order.
I am concerned to read that you noted a few minor decorative defects in your room and I would very much like to ensure immediate correction of these. I would greatly appreciate hearing from you and I urge you to contact me at joseph_downing@doylecollection.com

Thank you once again for reviewing your stay at The Westbury Hotel Dublin.

Kind regards,

Guest Relations Manager
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (502)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
Reviewed 5 March 2012

The staff became aware that it was my birthday and a cake with a candle was sent to our room. For someone over 50 a great surprise. We had a great weekend. Joe Hunter

• Stayed March 2012
Dear Mr. Hunter,

Thank you for having stayed at The Westbury Hotel and for your very kind comments on Tripadvisor.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your week-end and your birthday in our wonderful establishment and that we met your needs throughout. Our staff are indeed a credit to the hotel and your compliments have been most appreciated by each and every one of them.
I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future and I would like to thank you once again.

Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 March 2012

We travelled down to The Westbury for my Wife's Birthday. From the moment we arrived until the moment we left, our every need was dealt with by friendly staff. Our car was unloaded and taken to the underground car park, while our bags where taken to our room. The room was clean and very comfortable. Before leaving for Dinner on the first evening a Birthday card with a couple of cup Cakes with candles was delivered to our room and on our return the bed was covered in rose petals with a rose on my wife's pillow. A lovely touch for her Birthday. We had one small negative with the Cafe where we had breakfast. The food was good but the service was very poor. After sitting for 20 minutes before our order was taken, it took another 15 mins before two of our party was served and 15 mins before the other two were served. We complained to a manager stating that we should have been served together. She dealt with the complaint in a professional way and found us before we left to apologise and assure us that the staff had been spoken to and would be monitored.
Shopping and many great restaurants on the doorstep, we had a fabulous weekend.
If you are looking for a lovely luxurious hotel with a great location and wonderful staff this is the place to stay. Would highly recommend, from someone who is not always easily pleased .

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear CazM,

Thank you for reviewing The Westbury Hotel on Tripadvisor. Your comments are most appreciated and not only pay wonderful compliment to our superb property and team but also assist with our ensuring that the exceptionally high standards we set for our patrons are consistently met.

I am encouraged to read that you had a great stay, that we succeeded in surprising and delighting you and that you highly recommend our hotel.
Subsequently I am disappointed to read of your experience with the service in one of the hotel's outlets, Cafe Novo however I wish to assure you that your feedback has already been taken on board so as to ensure against a repeat of same.
Once again thank you CazM for your favourable review and your much-valued custom and I sincerely hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Westbury Hotel.

Kind regards,

dublin
Reviewed 5 March 2012

Spent a night at the westbury to celebrate a special family birthday, wonderful hotel, if location, service and comfort is important then this is the place for you.

From the moment we arrived we were treated like royalty thanks Joseph (manager) for your attention and of course the birthday treats in the room. A big thanks also to Najib behind the desk, he was a great help after our late night on the tiles and could'nt do enough for us!!

We will be back.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank dublinpair
WehManager, Guest Relations Manager at The Westbury, responded to this review, 9 March 2012
Dear dublinpair,

First of all thank you and may I say what a delight it is to read such a favourable review of the Westbury Hotel on Tripadvisor. Both my colleague Najib and me are truly honoured to have recieved a mention also.

I am delighted to read that you found The Westbury Hotel's location, service and comfort to your satisfaction and that you thoroughly enjoyed your recent stay.
I hope that I shall have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our wonderful establishment in the near future.
Thank you once again.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 4 March 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Westbury in January and were extremely pleased. We arrived early due to our Boston flight getting in at 5:30AM. While our room wasn't ready, we were given a temporary room to relax and freshen up in. When we were notified our room was ready, they sent Ashley up to move our baggage to our new room. The new room was simply stunning with great views of the city. The bathroom was extremely clean with a large shower/tub combination. The bed was so comfortable- pillows were so amazing that we searched the internet for our own! We now have the pillows which will allow for a lasting memory of Dublin and the Westbury. When in Dublin, we will stay here again.

Room Tip: The suites cannot be beat on the 6th floor. Quiet with great views.