4,972 results
All reviews lavery wing o'connell street toddy's bar taxi rank lovely hotel central location temple bar airport bus lovely room following morning twin room trinity college evesham foyer ireland aircoach euro
Reviewed 4 February 2016

We stayed at the Gresham as my partner had a meeting not far from this hotel and it didn't seem far into the shopping and tourist district. sadly as ever it was raining and I decided to take a taxi, however it wasn't far but wouldn't have wanted to walk it..the staff were friendly and happy and the service was very good. The room however wasn't, we had a twin room when I asked for a double and our thermostat wasn't working only on hot and the room was boiling! with the window open it cooled slightly but was very noisy, however it wasn't a complete disaster and they did say they would get the thermostat checked, too late for us however..afternoon tea was very nice and reasonably priced

Room tip: very long corridors as a wide hotel rather than deep so choose lower numbers if walking far isn't easy for you
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
TheGreshamDublin1, Front Office Manager at Hotel Riu Plaza The Gresham Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2016

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at The Gresham.

We are all delighted you had enjoyed your stay and we do look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

If you could send me your reservation details so I may check the room and your booking for a twin or a double room.

Please do not hesitate to contact me where I will ensure you receive our very best rates and complimentary upgrade. Alternatively, you will always find the best available rates on The Gresham's website. Please Google The Gresham Hotel Dublin and select the official site, as Tripadvisor do not allow us to advertise the web address.

Reviewed 4 February 2016

The Gresham must be one of the oldest hotels in Dublin. It is in the middle of a makeover although during our stay we saw signs apologising for the work but no actual work and/or noise. The regular room we stayed in was comfortable and about average size with room for desk and chair. The bed was very firm and comfortable. Only quibble was the difficulty in getting the shower to a desired temperature. Fiddly. Breakfast was usual 4 star standard. Coffee good. The hotel has two bars both full and busy on a saturday night but we had no problem getting served.

Only real problem with the Gresham is its location. It is not in a great part of Dublin although 'central' and close to GPO and Henry st. We used it for its location close to the famous Gate Theatre, a short amble.

Service good, appearance of lobby good. Staff friendly. Recommended.

Room tip: Plenty of rooms away from the main street, pick them
Date of stay: January 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear scoll365

Reviewed 3 February 2016 via mobile

We have just returned from a two night stay (Our 5th Stay) & are never disappointed.
From the concierge and reception staff through to bar, waiting staff , not forgetting cleaners everybody is so friendly and helpful.
The room was clean, well equipped and a decent size (std room)
Bar(s) & all public areas and there are many, were again clean and very comfortable....
All I can say is we just cannot wait to return.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Richard M

Reviewed 3 February 2016

I was recently here for a conference. Staff were very friendly and helpful. You cannot beat the location as its literally in the center of town. Walking distance to everything, Temple bar, Grafton Street, etc. The rooms are spacious and the beds super comfy.

If i were to get nit-picky, the showers kept changing temperature mid shower, that got a little old pretty quick

Date of stay: January 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear JoeyRobinson_84

Reviewed 2 February 2016 via mobile

My self and my wife stayed at The Gresham recently. Everything from the initial reservation to the pre - arrival check in along with text upgrade offers was superb. The staff at the front desk were extremely friendly professional and helpful and also efficient. The staff in the lounge were equally professional and Deborah in particular was really brilliant. The room was fantastic, the staff were incredible and the location and value for money was without comparison.
Will we be back? And do we recommend it? The answer to both is an unequivocal YES!!!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple