“A Great Hotel. For Business and when taking the Wife!”

Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin
Ranked #18 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 10 March 2012

Booked this hotel as it was recommended.
From the moment we, my wife and I, walked in we felt very welcome.
Booked primarily for a business trip but also stayed the weekend as my wife came along :o)
Cannot fault anything at this hotel. I have tried to find something that was less than 5-out-of-5 but cannot complain about anything.
I had booked a business package i.e room + breakfast etc.
Unlike other hotels, the package was great, with no hidden charges or the usual "taxes" tacked on the bill.
We wanted to hire a car for a trip to the "K" Club and to see the sights. All was arranged for us by the hotel without stinging us with some exorbitant hire rate.
All the staff went out of their way to make our stay pleasurable.
Breakfasts were huge and had plenty of fresh fruit etc besides the usual fried food etc.
Overall I cannot fault this hotel. Fantastic value for money.

Room Tip: Don't worry about choosing a cheaper room with "garden" view. Whilst you may not get a...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Hanwellfields
AlanVallely, Front Office Manager at Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2012

Dear Hanwellfields,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on this most recent stay with us in Dublin city.

I am delighted that we succeeded in validating the recommendation of a friend/colleague well versed in the quality of service levels offered at the Fitzwilliam hotel.

I am proud that the team assisted in creating the balance between a business and leisure stay.
We trust that future guests considering the Fitzwilliam hotel will also benefit from your insider tips and I look forward to an opportunity to welcome you back to the Fitzwilliam hotel in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Alan Vallely

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin

Reviewed 8 March 2012

Having just spent one night in the Fitzwilliam, I wish I was staying for longer. The staff are all very friendly and helpful and the rooms are scrupulously clean. I ate in the Citron restaurant last night and the meal was excellent. The parsnip and vanilla soup was out of this world. And the freshly baked cookies are scrum my. Can't wait to go back there.

Room Tip: The Executive rooms are all that you need.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank BristleGirl

Dear BristleGirl,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on this most recent stay at the Fitzwilliam Hotel.

The team and I are delighted to read that you have enjoyed our service levels, food and beverage quality and overall quality of stay.
We eagerly anticipate any opportunity to welcome you back to the Fitzwilliam Hotel.

Kind Regards,

Alan Vallely

Reviewed 6 March 2012

My wife & I stayed here for 2 nights (Feb 26-27) and had a wonderful time. The hotel staff were VERY friendly. We drove about 3 hours to get to Dublin and we arrived feeling a little frazzled. We pulled-up to the front door in our rental car and they just took the keys and parked the car for us - that's what I call super service! Very clean and modern hotel. Great location - right across the street from beautiful, relaxing St. Stephen's Green. And, you can walk right up Grafton Street and easily get to most of Dublin's finest shops, pubs and restaurants. I have no hesitation recommending this hotel to anyone coming to Dublin for a special getaway.

Room Tip: You want to get a room that overlooks St. Stephen's Green. Also suggest that you get a room on a...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tommymacdog
Reviewed 6 March 2012

Well, where to start! Thel ocation of the hotel is great, the staff cannot be faulted - so helpfull. I was there as a single mum of a disabled child and could not have been better looked after! The Republic were playing Slovinia and we had tickets - my son was made a huge fuss over by the hotel staff - he loved it!
Nothing was too much trouble.
A wonderful stay - we shall return!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Annietall
Reviewed 5 March 2012

Excellent stay. The room quality was outstanding. I just love the bed. I have never had a nicer breakfast in a hotel. I ordered off menu & I got exactly what I ordered without any questions or hassles. I'm vergetarian so I don't do the big Irish Fry up. However there was a big choice of fresh fruit, smoothies, cheeses etc. along with vegetarian options on the menu. There is a €5 supplement when ordering off menu but it was well worth it.

• Stayed: March 2012