1,706 results
All reviews trinity college grafton street great location irish parliament leinster house national library charming hotel quiet street temple bar triple room within walking distance st stephens green public areas central location three nights rooms are small bar food
Reviewed 29 January 2017

We stayed at Buswells for three nights in August 2016 as a family of four. It's difficult to find a room in europe that accommodates four and Buswells offered the perfect location, price, and accommodation.

The location: fantastic - Buswells itself is on a quiet street but it is just two blocks away from all the action, including great dining, shopping and cobblestone streets with Irish pubs.

The room: we had two different rooms, one at the start of our Ireland trip, and one at the end. The second room was nicer, it was brighter and more recently renovated, but both rooms were quiet with very comfortable beds.

The restaurant and bar: Breakfast was included in our rate and it consisted of a full cold buffet and hot options. We had a drink in the bar one evening and it was cozy and lovely.

In all, we would definitely stay again!

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank canadand
Management response:Responded 27 February 2017

Hi canadand,

Thank you for your lovely review of Buswells Hotel. I am delighted to read that you had such an enjoyable stay with your family and I was especially happy to read how comfortable you found the hotel.

Reviewed 27 January 2017 via mobile

We arrived at the hotel to a lovely welcome. We left are bags in the lovely spacious room, got refreshed and went down for a light lunch.
Staff in the bar where helpful & friendly with directions and best way to get round the city. We had soup & sandwiches in the bar & it was delicious..
Breakfast the next morning was fantastic. A cold buffet to start & then, they bring out hot breakfast to your table.. Not been places do that anymore. All round fantastic stay. 5th stay & gets better every time !!!!!!

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank schoonerbabe
PaulGallagherMngr, General Manager at Buswells Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2017

Hi schoonerbabe,

Thank you for your lovely review of Buswells Hotel. I am delighted to read that you had such an enjoyable stay and was happy to read that each time your stays get better.

I look forward to welcoming you back for your 6th stay in the near future.

Reviewed 24 January 2017

We loved the old-fashioned charm of this boutique hotel as well as the warm, professional service. The location speaks for itself - you can roll out of bed into the Archaeology Museum, you can easily walk to key tourist sites, but it's a bit out of the cray-cray crowds. I expect that room sizes vary, but ours (number 100) was very spacious and well-appointed. The bed was supremely comfortable and the entire property was immaculate. We did not see the fitness center or business center, so cannot comment on those; we can definitively say that the full Irish breakfast was very good. For absolute perfection I would wish for real coffee in the room rather than freeze-dried, and I would have appreciated a sign in the bath telling me where they hid the hair dryer - before I found it, I thought I would have to stroll through Dublin with an unfortunate hairdo. Small quibbles, and our overall experience was great. It's not the cheapest lodging in town, but may be one of the best values.

Room Tip: Our room faced the street but it wasn't overly noisy. I always use ear plugs in cities, anyway.
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank CasualFriday

Hi CasualFriday,

Thank you for your lovely review of Buswells Hotel. I am delighted to read that you had such an enjoyable stay with us.

Reviewed 24 January 2017

I have been staying at Buswells annually since 1981; since 2009, I've visited Buswells several times a year. I'm always happy to return. Why is Buswells good? 1) the staff, who are always friendly, pleasant, and helpful; 2) the cleanliness of every room, both private and public; 3) Buswells Bar, not a 'bar' in the American sense but a dark-wood paneled pub/restaurant, open almost all day for tea, lunch, drinks, dinner, anything. I make it my office-away-from-office, meeting colleagues and friends there for conferences or social life. Truman's restaurant, also at Buswells, is one of the few restaurants in Dublin where you can have an audible conversation and eat very good food at a reasonable price. I almost feel I don't want to tell too many people about it, because I don't want it to get crowded; it's small and cozy. Buswells is within seconds of the Dail, the National Library, the National Museum, and all the shops on Dawson Street. It is within minutes of the National Gallery of Ireland, Trinity College, Grafton Street, and St. Stephen's Green, one of the most beautiful places to walk and wander. And finally, Buswells is Edwardian in its architecture and atmosphere, somewhat eccentric and old-fashioned. If you like Holiday Inns, this is not the place for you. But it's definitely the place for me.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
2  Thank janet g

Hi janet g,

Thank you for your lovely review of Buswells Hotel. I am delighted to read that you had such an enjoyable stay with us on many occasions. Janet it is always especially nice to read such nice comments from a regular guest like yourself.

Reviewed 16 January 2017 via mobile

Booked well in advance for one night and not problem adding s second night. Small room but I was a single. Good bathroom and shower. A few more signs would help find the room. Grand breakfast , lots choice, not a buffet it's served . Lots newspapers and good wifi. Night porter was very good on my late return. Not first time I have stayed still one of the handiest hotels for south city business.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Larry S

Hi Larry S,

Thank you for your lovely review of Buswells Hotel. I am delighted to read that you had such an enjoyable stay and was happy to read that we were able to accommodate you for a second nights stay at short notice.