“What a Hotel”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Wales
“What a Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2012

My husband and I stayed here for the Rugby weekend along with our friends. We found the hotel to be more than accommodating, the staff all but one were very professional. From the cleanliness of the room to the leaving of the luggage on the last day everything was perfect, well when I say perfect - breakfast was slightly disappointing on the Sunday, perhaps a different kitchen brigade who knows, it was not consistent. The more mature waitress was very loud and liked to bang your plate down, she was always in a hurry and pestered you to finish or order, and for some reason did LOT OF MUMBLING as she left our table. Perhaps she just didn’t like us. Never the less don't be put off as Mary on reception more than makes up for her as did the young night porter and the concierge,not forgetting the staff in the lounge bar who serve up a coffee that is equal to Bewleys. Great weekend made even better by the Wales win. If you want the best pint of guiness in Dublin go to Peter's Bar Graffton street, what a treat, with a fantastic welcome.

Room Tip: We stayed in rooms 97 & 98 not many stairs to climb after a long day out walking, good size doub...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank Jacqueline D
buswellsmanager, General Manager at Buswells Hotel, responded to this review, 10 February 2012
Thank you Jacqueline D for taking the time to give your feedback on your recent stay at Buswells Hotel. All comments are important to us as it enables us to improve on our product & service that we offer. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and I wanted to assure you that the issues that you have raised will be dealt with in the appropriate manner.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Buswells in the near future.

General Manager.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (285)
  • Thai first
Ballymoney, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2012

My husband and i have just returned from Dublin after spending the weekend in Buswells Hotel.We always stay at this hotel when in dublin as the location is really good and the staff are excellent -very friendly and accomodating. The food in the restaurant is also very good as we ate there on saturday night.Rooms are spacious and comfortable and very clean.Overall a very good hotel complemented by the staff.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are quieter.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MCE203
buswellsmanager, General Manager at Buswells Hotel, responded to this review, 8 February 2012
Thank you MCE203 for your wonderful feedback and taking the time to do so. We are delighted that you enjoyed your experience with us at the Buswells Hotel & would like to thank you for your kind feedback about the hotel & our friendly team. Our aim is to surpass our guests expectation and offer a ‘home away from home’.

I look forward welcoming you back to Buswells Hotel again in the near future.

Mullingar, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2012

The hotel is in a great location, really handy. A few things irritated me though... the hotel went into my credit card a few weeks after I paid the booking deposit, and took the entire amount for the room out of it, which I did not expect to have to pay until the morning after my stay. I also asked the porter to simply put some paper or something to stop the bedroom window from rattling while I was away for the evening, which he said he would, but on return it hadn't been done and therefore I had to stuff the window with tissue paper which didnt work either way. Disappointing but otherwise a nice stay, the breakfast was lovely apart from having to witness an older staff member give out to a younger waitress in front of everyone...poor girl!

Room Tip: I asked for a large room and even though it was clean it was just enough for three people, and two h...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank sinead2380
buswellsmanager, General Manager at Buswells Hotel, responded to this review, 30 January 2012
Thank you Sinead2380 for taking the time to post a review on your recent stay with us at Buswells Hotel and it is regretful to read that you did not fully enjoy your time with us.
I have raised the issue with regards to the bedroom window with our maintenance department and they assure me that this has now been repaired.
The terms of the Advance Purchase package you booked, require guests cards to be charged the full price at the time of booking. We also send an email to guests once we have taken this payment confirming their booking details.
We do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you to the Buswells Hotel again in the future.

Kind regards,
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2012

On behalf of Ireland Stand Up we would like to thank all the staff for a wonderful stay. It was an excellent venue for our briefing. The staff is its greatest asset. Dee is a wonderful conference organiser, we are very grateful for her expertise. The receptionist was delightful and was helpful on all occasions. Barbara is the soul of the restaurant and was wonderful at multitasking and made all our supporters feel welcome. All the staff were professional and helpful on all occasions. Thank you for such a memorable stay.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank IrelandStandUp
buswellsmanager, General Manager at Buswells Hotel, responded to this review, 20 January 2012
Thank you for your wonderful review and for taking the time to do so. We are delighted that your event was a success and that you enjoyed your stay with us. I have passed your wonderful comments to Dee, Barbara and all our staff. We do hope to welcome you to Buswells Hotel in the future.

Newark
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2012

Stayed here whilst visiting Dublin for a party. Check-in very helpful and friendly. I had requested a quiet room but found myself at the front of the hotel above the street with single glazing and the heating didn't work. However the night porter helped me move and provided me with a heater - very helpful. New room was pleasant and bed and pillows very comfortable. Still needed the heater though as the main radiator didn't work but it didn't spoil my stay. Rooms beginning to look a bit tired and in need of TLC but very clean nonetheless. The air coach from the airport stops opposite hotel so easy to find but a 4-500yd walk for return stop. Excellent location for shops and attractions all within very easy walking distance. Breakfast was OK and breakfast room very comfortable.

Room Tip: If you want quiet ask for a back room.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank TST-7
buswellsmanager, General Manager at Buswells Hotel, responded to this review, 19 January 2012
Thank you TST-7 for taking the time to review Buswells Hotel following your recent stay with us. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and I will make sure that the heater in that room is repaired immediately.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Buswells in the near future.