Brooks Hotel
Sandymount Hotel(Dublin)
US$ 160
US$ 147
2,490 results
All reviewspillow menudrury streetjasmine bargreat locationgrafton streettemple barhairy lemontrinity collegeresidents loungequiet streetturn down servicewithin walking distancedeluxe roomboutique hotelcentral locationdublin castlelovely hotel
Reviewed 24 April 2012

Great location, very nice rooms, helpful staff - loved it. Was booked up due to a rugby match, otherwise would have stayed again on the swing back through Dublin.

Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Esteban_De_Laplaya
Reviewed 23 April 2012

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
GeneralManagerB, Manager at Brooks Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2012

Reviewed 18 April 2012

We have stayed in Brooks on several occassions and each time we go back, we are continued to be impressed.
First of all the location is super, within easy walking distance to all the nicer parts of the city, busing restaurants and cafe bars. The hotel itself is very comfortable with a lot of little extras in the rooms, the retro radio playing classical music when you enter is a great touch, as is the turn down service. The bar also has a very calm relaxing athmosphere, in the centre of all the fuss outside. Haven't eaten dinner so can't comment on that, but the standard of their breakfasts is very high, with it being very obvious that they use good quality produce to start with. Looking forward to our next trip, hopefully soon !!

Room Tip: worth spending the few extra euro for an upgrade room, I think they call them deluxe
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LeinsterRick
GeneralManagerB, General Manager at Brooks Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2012

Dear LeinsterRick,

Thank you for your recent comments on your experience in Brooks. I am delighted that you have returned to us a few times and that your experience is so good. It is lovely for us to have return guests like you as it adds to the character of the hotel and we can get to know our guests better. Please do let me know when you are with us again as it would be nice to say Hello!. Once again we appreciate your comments and look forward to welcoming you back.
Anne Mc Kiernan

Reviewed 16 April 2012

This hotel is lovely, I went to Dublin for 5 days. One the first day and throughout the time i spent in Dublin i was pretty much bed bound with a fever and a very swollen throat, the hotel staff were so nice. I called reception for some salt (to gargle) at 4 in the morning and it was at my room in seconds with a smile and they gave me fresh honey and lemon to drink with hot water. The restaurant food (breakfast and dinner) was brilliant. The staff were helpful, they smiled and made my stay in Dublin much more enjoyable even though the only time I saw Dublin was to go to the chemist and back. Great Location, right by pretty much everything. And they had a pillow menu.:) If i was going to actually pick at anything (and this is really picking) there wasn't enough closet space for my clothes, but i was stuck in my PJ's the whole time so it didn't really matter. The room was lovely, bed was comfortable. can't fault it really.

Room Tip: I had a standard room on the 6th floor and it was lovely.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank MonkeyMaison

Dear Monkey Maison,

Thank you for your comments on your recent stay in Brooks and I am sorry to hear you were unwell for the duration. I hope you are back to normal now! I note your comment regarding the wardrobe space and we can certainly ensure we allocate you a room with a larger one on your next stay. I very much appreciate your nice comments as do the team and we look forward to welcoming you back on another occasion.

Anne Mc Kiernan

Reviewed 13 April 2012

We spent two nights at Brooks hotel and recommend it highly. The service was fantastic, rarely have I stayed somewhere where every single member of staff I came across was so helpful, friendly and professional. The room was of a very high standard and the breakfast was great - I couldn't make any suggestions for how it could be better! The location is central yet noise was no problem whatsoever, it was perfect for being able to access many sights / areas by foot, and close to the hop on / hop off bus route for journeys further afield. The hotel also has a resident whisky professor (!) offering whisky sampling sessions for those familiar with whisky and those who are not - We had a very informative introduction to irish whisky, if you have chance give it a go. We booked our stay based on the reviews on Trip advisor and were not disappointed, I would not hesitate to stay at Brooks should I find myself in Dublin again.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends