“Nice hotel. Friendly helpful staff. Especially reception.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Brooks Hotel

Brooks Hotel
Ranked #10 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
Dublin, Ireland
“Nice hotel. Friendly helpful staff. Especially reception.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2012

We were in Dublin for just one night and decided to stay in Brooks because of the central and convenient location. The room was small but very clean and well presented.Breakfast was really nice and our two waitresses were most attentive. We enjoyed our stay BUT have one gripe.When going to our room at around 9.30 I wanted a bottle of water to take with me. I went to the bar and was charged 7.20euro for a 750ml bottle of Tipperary still water. Come on Brooks. Thats just ridiculous. One last thing for people visiting Dublin. We had a very nasty meeting with two aggressive and drunk beggars not 100 meters from the hotel entrance. Dublin is a great city but be careful out there.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank johnjmcg121
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (345)
  • Hebrew first
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

Great location, very nice rooms, helpful staff - loved it. Was booked up due to a rugby match, otherwise would have stayed again on the swing back through Dublin.

Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Esteban_De_Laplaya
Leinster
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2012

We have stayed in Brooks on several occassions and each time we go back, we are continued to be impressed.
First of all the location is super, within easy walking distance to all the nicer parts of the city, busing restaurants and cafe bars. The hotel itself is very comfortable with a lot of little extras in the rooms, the retro radio playing classical music when you enter is a great touch, as is the turn down service. The bar also has a very calm relaxing athmosphere, in the centre of all the fuss outside. Haven't eaten dinner so can't comment on that, but the standard of their breakfasts is very high, with it being very obvious that they use good quality produce to start with. Looking forward to our next trip, hopefully soon !!

Room Tip: worth spending the few extra euro for an upgrade room, I think they call them deluxe
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank LeinsterRick
GeneralManagerB, General Manager at Brooks Hotel, responded to this review, 19 April 2012
Dear LeinsterRick,

Thank you for your recent comments on your experience in Brooks. I am delighted that you have returned to us a few times and that your experience is so good. It is lovely for us to have return guests like you as it adds to the character of the hotel and we can get to know our guests better. Please do let me know when you are with us again as it would be nice to say Hello!. Once again we appreciate your comments and look forward to welcoming you back.
Anne Mc Kiernan
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2012

This hotel is lovely, I went to Dublin for 5 days. One the first day and throughout the time i spent in Dublin i was pretty much bed bound with a fever and a very swollen throat, the hotel staff were so nice. I called reception for some salt (to gargle) at 4 in the morning and it was at my room in seconds with a smile and they gave me fresh honey and lemon to drink with hot water. The restaurant food (breakfast and dinner) was brilliant. The staff were helpful, they smiled and made my stay in Dublin much more enjoyable even though the only time I saw Dublin was to go to the chemist and back. Great Location, right by pretty much everything. And they had a pillow menu.:) If i was going to actually pick at anything (and this is really picking) there wasn't enough closet space for my clothes, but i was stuck in my PJ's the whole time so it didn't really matter. The room was lovely, bed was comfortable. can't fault it really.

Room Tip: I had a standard room on the 6th floor and it was lovely.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank MonkeyMaison
Dear Monkey Maison,

Thank you for your comments on your recent stay in Brooks and I am sorry to hear you were unwell for the duration. I hope you are back to normal now! I note your comment regarding the wardrobe space and we can certainly ensure we allocate you a room with a larger one on your next stay. I very much appreciate your nice comments as do the team and we look forward to welcoming you back on another occasion.

Anne Mc Kiernan