“Great hotel in Dublin with everything going for it.”
Review of Brooks Hotel

Brooks Hotel
Ranked #11 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 8 April 2012

We stayed here in April 2012 for one night only, but the professionalism and attentive staff make an enormous difference, seems to be a good place to work. Our room was not very big but sparklingly clean and the bathroom was excellent. Wonderful location as the shops and restaurants are very close, and the street is very quiet- no noise disturbance from traffic.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 31 March 2012

Lovely hotel. The staff are attentive and very good.Loved my room - comfortable and well appointed. This is my third stay in the hotel and I will be back again - perfect for shops, eateries and very welcoming. Thanks to all in hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 March 2012

I was here for three nights in August. The hotel is in a great location, service was wonderful, rooms were clean and modern. I would definitely stay here again next time I am in Dublin.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 March 2012

Stayed here recently, the room was fine, the general areas within the hotel are very nice, comfortable atmosphere and the reception staff and front of house staff were very warm and professional. the food however was miserable. from the 'cooked' or microwaved breakfast, with tasteless food and overcooked eggs, to dinner, with flavourless, careless meals. at a four star rating i expect that the chef can at least master the art of salt and pepper. it is unfortunate as it let the rest of the stay down. we skipped breakfast the second day, although it was included in the price, as it was utterly unappealing. when you are staying in such a great central location with a high rating and high prices to match you don't expect to be so badly let down by the food.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
GeneralManagerB, General Manager at Brooks Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2012

Dear Wetcher1, Thank you for your comments and apologies for the delay in responding. I am glad to hear that overall you liked the hotel but dissapointed to see that breakfast did not meet with your expectations. I was suprised to recieve your comments as we are often praised on our breakfast as you will see from the majority of our reviews and have a range of fresh juices, fruits, cereals, home made breads, jams and pastries. We also make home made muesli, fruit compotes and home made scones which are baked fresh every day. Regarding the hot breakfast we actually cook breakfast to order as opposed to offering it buffet style so that it will be fresh and I can assure you we do not microwave breakfast. We have an open style kitchen so that the Chefs can be seen preparing the breakfast. I am sorry to hear that your Dinner lacked flavour as once again all food is fresh and cooked to order. Notwithstanding this I can see on this occasion that you were not happy with the standard of food and will certainly take on board your comments and we will re-visit our hot breakfast. We are continually looking at ways to improve upon what we do and will give the hot breakfast further attention to ensure we provide excellent standards. Thank you once again for your comments and I hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back on another occasion. Please do contact me directly the next time you are coming to stay as it would be nice to meet you.

Reviewed 23 March 2012

Upgraded on arrival. Very pleasant setting and staff. Been here many times and it does it for me each time. It's a traditional hotel with a nice sensibility. Staff very helpful. Breakfast is amazing. Best for my business trips to Dublin. Coming back soon I hope.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business