River House Hotel
US$ 434
US$ 388
Conrad
  • Room Service
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 18 August 2011

Well let me start by saying. Im. From Dublin,so don't often stay in hotels here.last month however i did just that as a friend was visiting and i booked this temple bar hotel so we would have a central place to crash after a night of heavy drinking.this place is,what we Dubliners would describe as a kip.the rooms were tiny,tv wouldn't work and its slap bang beside focus Ireland,which is one of Dublins drop in centres for the homeless community.so we were entertained all evening by crack\smack heads arguing all night outside the window.avoid

• Stayed: July 2011
4  Thank jackherer30
Reviewed 31 July 2011

This room was so small that I could literally lie on the bed and touch three walls! There was a band playing directly beneath us until about 2am. The whole place looks run down. There are stains in the carpet and holes in the vinyl flooring. We had to leave our room key whenever we left, but were assured there was a 24 hour desk assistant. We ended up standing outside with some other people for quite a while ringing the bell and knocking on the door waiting for someone to let us in so we could get to our rooms. Their website made it look nice but it just wasn't. If we return, we'll spend a bit more on something less sleazy.

Room Tip: Don't get a room on the liffey side or you'll never get sleep!
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank myjudge2
Reviewed 29 July 2011

I got exactly what I paid for....the staff were very friendly and cool especially the Lady that was on the desk most of the time I was there ...I stayed 2 nights elsewhere and wished that I had stayed the 3 nights here . Breakfast was lovely and I was surprised that being in the middle of Temple bar I would have been kept up half the night by drunks doing what drunks do best - make a whole lot of noise but no I slept like a baby . If you need to stay somewhere central like this I would recommend this Hotel to anyone . But what I have noticed on the whole about Hotel reviews is they are more often written by ungrateful wingers!
I would like to thank the staff that made my stay so pleasant !

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank Kingspoon
Reviewed 2 July 2011

I've stayed in this place twice.The rooms are very basic,out dated and very small.The beds were a nightmare as well.The door into the bathroom had a hole in the back of it.the carpet was ripped.The TV didnt work,there was a wall socket hanging off the wall in the last room we stayed in,that was enough of that place.They do do a very nice brekie to be fair.Its cheap for a reason,be warned folks.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 June 2011

We stayed in this hotel and had a great experience.
Great value accomodation in a fantastic location. Close to all attractions.
Room and bathroom very clean clean, comfy beds. Friendly staff and a fantastic Irish birthday. Perfect.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple