“Good if you want to just be in Temple Bar area regardless”
Review of River House Hotel

River House Hotel
Ranked #140 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Cologne, Germany
“Good if you want to just be in Temple Bar area regardless”
Reviewed 12 September 2011

I found the hotel to be very tired, old, run down, small, loud and not at all worth the price we paid - they only can get the fee due to location. It was NOTHING like what is presented on the website and I was just standing there wondering "how in the world did I make this mistake?" My boyfriend and I had a room in the front part of the hotel so there was a lift, but sister was in back and had to get up 3 flights of stairs with luggage. Just do not even do it unless you just want shelter to stumble into at night.

Room Tip: There are none I would guess
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
Reviewed 18 August 2011

Well let me start by saying. Im. From Dublin,so don't often stay in hotels here.last month however i did just that as a friend was visiting and i booked this temple bar hotel so we would have a central place to crash after a night of heavy drinking.this place is,what we Dubliners would describe as a kip.the rooms were tiny,tv wouldn't work and its slap bang beside focus Ireland,which is one of Dublins drop in centres for the homeless community.so we were entertained all evening by crack\smack heads arguing all night outside the window.avoid

• Stayed July 2011
4 Thank jackherer30

Travellers are raving about these Dublin hotels

Nacogdoches, Texas
Reviewed 31 July 2011

This room was so small that I could literally lie on the bed and touch three walls! There was a band playing directly beneath us until about 2am. The whole place looks run down. There are stains in the carpet and holes in the vinyl flooring. We had to leave our room key whenever we left, but were assured there was a 24 hour desk assistant. We ended up standing outside with some other people for quite a while ringing the bell and knocking on the door waiting for someone to let us in so we could get to our rooms. Their website made it look nice but it just wasn't. If we return, we'll spend a bit more on something less sleazy.

Room Tip: Don't get a room on the liffey side or you'll never get sleep!
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank myjudge2
Mullumbimby, Australia
Reviewed 29 July 2011

I got exactly what I paid for....the staff were very friendly and cool especially the Lady that was on the desk most of the time I was there ...I stayed 2 nights elsewhere and wished that I had stayed the 3 nights here . Breakfast was lovely and I was surprised that being in the middle of Temple bar I would have been kept up half the night by drunks doing what drunks do best - make a whole lot of noise but no I slept like a baby . If you need to stay somewhere central like this I would recommend this Hotel to anyone . But what I have noticed on the whole about Hotel reviews is they are more often written by ungrateful wingers!
I would like to thank the staff that made my stay so pleasant !

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank Kingspoon
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 2 July 2011

I've stayed in this place twice.The rooms are very basic,out dated and very small.The beds were a nightmare as well.The door into the bathroom had a hole in the back of it.the carpet was ripped.The TV didnt work,there was a wall socket hanging off the wall in the last room we stayed in,that was enough of that place.They do do a very nice brekie to be fair.Its cheap for a reason,be warned folks.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends