“Life is Merry at The Merrion”
Review of The Merrion Hotel

The Merrion Hotel
Ranked #1 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Sudbury, Canada
“Life is Merry at The Merrion”
Reviewed 8 August 2012

We stayed for one incredible night at The Merrion and I didn't want to leave. From the moment our bags were wisked away from the car, to the fast and pleasant check-in, to the escorted walk to our room - I felt like I was living a fairy tale. When I entered the room I knew the fairy tale had come to life. The high ceilings, the chandeliers, the fireplace, the view of the street, the marble bathroom, the kingsize bed ... I could go on and on. This was our last night in Ireland and the only thing I did not get to do was stay in a castle and The Merrion made my last wish come true! The room was so amazing I didn't want to leave, even for dinner. So we ordered room service and had the best steak dinner in the most fantastic setting. We briefly left the room to tour the gardens (very elegant), the spa (wish we had longer to stay) and the restaurants. I have stayed in many nice, upscale hotels but this was one of the best. I highly recommend splurging, even if for one night. You won't regret it!

Room Tip: The suite facing the street was spectacular!
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KerrySudbury
Manager_PMacCann, General Manager at The Merrion Hotel, responded to this review, 28 August 2012
Dear KerrySudbury,

Many thanks for the wonderful review posted recently and for taking the time to tell us of your experience with us.

I have already shared your kind words with the entire team here and they all join me in thanking you. I hope it is not too long before we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again and that you have more time with us the enjoy the surroundings and facilities on offer here at The Merrion!

Peter Mac Cann
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (581)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
UK
Reviewed 3 August 2012

Recently had a 5 night stay at the Merrion, the third time I have stayed there. Don't think that I would ever consider staying anywhere else in Dublin. From the moment you arrive, bags collected, pleasant check in, drinks in the bar and drawing rooms and through to check out, the staff are absolutely excellent.
Despite being 5 star there is no feeling of stuffiness that one sometimes encounters, you are made to feel at home and nothing is too much trouble. Had a lovely room overlooking the garden which was very nice.
Hotel location is great in a quiet spot but only a short walk to the centre and there are several very good testaurants less than 5 mins walk away.
We decided to splash out for our first time in the Patrick Guilbaud restaurant, which defintely needs a reservation due to popularity. It is expensive but well worth the cost and it was definitely a meal and experience to remember.
If you don't wish to have breakfast at the hotel then I can recommend Foley's just around the corner which is very good value and quality.
Already looking forward to my next stay at the Merrion.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank john m
Dear john m,

Many thanks for the absolutely wonderful review posted recently and for taking the time to share your experience with us.

On behalf of everybody here, thank you for your very kind comments about the team here at The Merrion. I must say we get a great “buzz” when we read comments like yours; it really makes it all worthwhile when somebody enjoys a visit as much as you did. We are honoured that The Merrion continues to be your hotel of choice when you visit Dublin and I hope it is not too long before we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again.

Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 3 August 2012

My partner and I stayed here for just one night. We so enjoyed our stay. The staff were so helpful and friendly.
Our room was so comfortable. We enjoyed an excellent breakfast.
Hope to return soon - perhaps before Christmas.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mary m
Dear mary m,

We really do appreciate you taking the time and trouble to post it. We would be delighted to welcome you back to stay with us this Christmas and for details of the various packages on offer for the festive season please contact the Hotel directly where one of my colleagues would be delighted to assist you.

Stamford, Connecticut
Reviewed 1 August 2012

On our way from Paris, we stopped in Dublin for a 3 day visit--our first trip ever to Ireland. We found the Merrion Hotel from other visitors that went there and posted their comments on Trip Advisor. We made the right choice. This hotel is perfect, everyone who works there is pleasant, helpful and makes you feel like a million dollars. The rooms are spacious, clean completely new. The concierge gave us suggestions prior to our arrival which helped us plan daily trips. Oh, and the spa-had a Balinese massage and swam in the most beautiful pool. Even my 16 year old daughter forgot about shopping for a moment to enjoy the spa! We recommend the hotel and will return there in the future.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Ed A
Dear Ed A,

Many thanks for the wonderful review posted recently and for taking the time to share your experience with us.

On behalf of everybody here, thank you for your very kind comments about the team here at The Merrion; it really makes it all worthwhile when somebody enjoys a visit as much as you did. I hope it is not too long before we have the privilege of welcoming you back again.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 30 July 2012

From the staff, to the scrumptious food, the level of detail is superb. Nothing was too much trouble and all the small touches dropped by so many other hotels can be found from the sewing kit, umbrella for the rain (an essential in Ireland), complimentary newspaper hanging outside your bedroom door. Great city centre location but 2 streets away from the noise and bustle.

Room Tip: Ask to over look the gardens
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ivanhoe23
Dear Ivanhoe23,

Many thanks for the review posted recently and for taking the time to share your experience with us.

On behalf of everybody here, thank you for your kind comments which I have shared with the entire team here. I hope it is not too long before we have the privilege of welcoming you back again.