“I would definately stay there again!”

Barnacles Hostel Temple Bar
Ranked #4 of 105 Speciality Lodging in Dublin
Grand Cayman
“I would definately stay there again!”
Reviewed 13 May 2012 via mobile

This was my first time to europe and ever staying in a hostel and reading some the comments, I expected it to be dirty, but the rooms were so clean and the reception is really nice! I arrived 5 hours before check-in, but they took my bags no problem and I was off to explore Dublin. The beds were really comfortable and the people I stayed with were enjoyable. The only negative thing I would have to say is that the showers in the bathrooms need a door because when your done all of the water is on the floor and its really messy. The lockers under the beds were really spacious and room was overall awesome. I had a great time and when I go back to Dublin I will definately be staying here!!

Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Korean first
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 12 May 2012 via mobile

Place is in a great location. With rooms adequate. Had a dbl bed with ensuite for 4 nights but couldn't open the door all the way to bathroom as it would hit the bed. Free wifi is a plus and balcony out to Tempe. But beware can get very noisy inside as it s manly a young person place staff are friendl and helpfully with plenty of info on things to do. Breakfast could be improved was toast and jam, tea and coffee But was satisfied for the price I paid.

Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Melk, Austria
Reviewed 2 May 2012

Stayed one night there. The staff is very friendly and helpful. You get tips where to go and what to do. I stayed in a 8-bed room. My room was clean and very quiet, Bed was very comfortable with a reading light at each bed. Breakfast was simple Toast and hot drinks, but I didn't expect more. It is located in the heart of Dublin next to Temple Bar. It's very central to the mainstreets and busstops. I definitly will stay there again! highly recommended!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 21 March 2012

St. Patrick's weekend I stayed in a double room by myself on the third floor, so it wasn't as loud as it could have been. My room was clean, the shower was hot enough, plumbing was good, and the bed and covers were comfortable. It was located right next door to Temple Bar, so right in the middle of the tourist location and in the middle of and near a lot of the action (pubs & restaurants & and great thrift store). Breakfast wasn't really that great when I got down to it, because the only thing besides from hot cold drinks there was white bread, but all the brown bread had been taken already (just gotta get down there sooner).
There's also a common room in addition to a nice sized kitchen attached to the dining room that both have free Wi-Fi, if you have Wi-Fi enabled devices, if not there are 3 computers with 1 Euro/15 mins.
Barnacles has a multi-cultured and pleasant staff, as well as a pleasant night staff who were all very helpful, even when I told them I might not be able to pay for 2 days, they told me I could keep the reservation and pay when I had the money (as long as it was before, or on the day). When I had questions as to what places are good to go to they had a lot of information and even made some reservations.
I felt safe in the main area of Dublin too, even at 5am with barely anyone on the street, speaking of streets, they are really clean in the area!
If anyone is going to Dublin I would definitely recommend this hostel.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
REDDITCH
Reviewed 9 March 2012

I have just come back from a hen weekend, we had a room of 11, 4 and 2. The rooms were all clean, beds are comfy, staff are friendly. There is only one bathroom in the room of 11, luckily I was in the 4. Breakfast is just hot drinks, juice and toast which was great for us, but if you are looking for something more, there is a cafe 20metres away. You couldn't ask for a more perfect location! Takes about 45mins from the airport and a short walk down Temple Bar where all the bars and restaurants are. You can walk anywhere and we felt safe. There are plenty of taxis around if you want to go further a field, and they are very helpful too!! Would definately recommend Barnacles, its such good valuse for money and you are right in the hub of it all! Will definatley stay here again!!

Room Tip: Go in smaller rooms, as it will just be you using them!