Barnacles Hostel Temple Bar
US$ 460
US$ 310
Westin.com
  • Restaurant
Arlington Hotel O'Connell Bridge(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$ 183
US$ 175
  • Restaurant
Academy Plaza Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$ 170
US$ 159
US$ 198
  • Restaurant
Jurys Inn Dublin Parnell Street(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$ 217
US$ 284
US$ 221
Buswells Hotel
1,121 results
All reviewscommon roomtemple bargreat locationbed dormfamous templeown bathroomfree breakfastpub crawlcommon areasnoisy at nightairport shuttlelight sleepercentral locationbeds were comfortablepubs and restaurantscagesnoise
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 May 2012

Place is in a great location. With rooms adequate. Had a dbl bed with ensuite for 4 nights but couldn't open the door all the way to bathroom as it would hit the bed. Free wifi is a plus and balcony out to Tempe. But beware can get very noisy inside as it s manly a young person place staff are friendl and helpfully with plenty of info on things to do. Breakfast could be improved was toast and jam, tea and coffee But was satisfied for the price I paid.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 May 2012

Stayed one night there. The staff is very friendly and helpful. You get tips where to go and what to do. I stayed in a 8-bed room. My room was clean and very quiet, Bed was very comfortable with a reading light at each bed. Breakfast was simple Toast and hot drinks, but I didn't expect more. It is located in the heart of Dublin next to Temple Bar. It's very central to the mainstreets and busstops. I definitly will stay there again! highly recommended!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 March 2012

St. Patrick's weekend I stayed in a double room by myself on the third floor, so it wasn't as loud as it could have been. My room was clean, the shower was hot enough, plumbing was good, and the bed and covers were comfortable. It was located right next door to Temple Bar, so right in the middle of the tourist location and in the middle of and near a lot of the action (pubs & restaurants & and great thrift store). Breakfast wasn't really that great when I got down to it, because the only thing besides from hot cold drinks there was white bread, but all the brown bread had been taken already (just gotta get down there sooner).
There's also a common room in addition to a nice sized kitchen attached to the dining room that both have free Wi-Fi, if you have Wi-Fi enabled devices, if not there are 3 computers with 1 Euro/15 mins.
Barnacles has a multi-cultured and pleasant staff, as well as a pleasant night staff who were all very helpful, even when I told them I might not be able to pay for 2 days, they told me I could keep the reservation and pay when I had the money (as long as it was before, or on the day). When I had questions as to what places are good to go to they had a lot of information and even made some reservations.
I felt safe in the main area of Dublin too, even at 5am with barely anyone on the street, speaking of streets, they are really clean in the area!
If anyone is going to Dublin I would definitely recommend this hostel.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 March 2012

I have just come back from a hen weekend, we had a room of 11, 4 and 2. The rooms were all clean, beds are comfy, staff are friendly. There is only one bathroom in the room of 11, luckily I was in the 4. Breakfast is just hot drinks, juice and toast which was great for us, but if you are looking for something more, there is a cafe 20metres away. You couldn't ask for a more perfect location! Takes about 45mins from the airport and a short walk down Temple Bar where all the bars and restaurants are. You can walk anywhere and we felt safe. There are plenty of taxis around if you want to go further a field, and they are very helpful too!! Would definately recommend Barnacles, its such good valuse for money and you are right in the hub of it all! Will definatley stay here again!!

Room Tip: Go in smaller rooms, as it will just be you using them!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Hayley P
Reviewed 21 February 2012

I've been recently to Dublin (great city) where I stayed for one night together with a friend at the Barnacles Hostel.
Really great Hostel. Exactly next to the famous Temple Bar and thus in the city center and very close to the station for the airport shuttle.
The stuff is very friendly and helpful. They suggested us for e.g. a great place to have a very good Irish dinner.
Also the hostel is very clean. We stayed in a 4 beds shared room with it's own bathroom.
The hostel has wifi and if u don't have a laptop/smartphone/tablet you get 15 min access to one of their PCs.

Great place :)