3,053 results
All reviewsdouble treedoubletree by hiltonthe executive loungecity centretaxi ranknice hotelbuilding workair conditioningbusiness tripst stephensbar foodhotel baraviva stadiumconferenceconciergetaxisireland
Reviewed 10 December 2017 via mobile

Had a great stay here. Staff went above and beyond to make our stay special, especially Evelyn in guest relations. It was very busy but our room was lovely, comfortable and quiet. It’s in a great location, nice stroll into shops, theatres etc or short taxi ride for around €10. I would recommend this place to everyone and will definitely stay here when I’m in Dublin again. Room rates were very reasonable for a city hotel. Fantastic place

1  Thank AnnieLC
326doconnor, Customer Service Manager at Clayton Hotel Burlington Road, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2017

Dear AnnieLC,

Just messaging you back briefly to say big thanks for the tremendous score you awarded the team and property here at the Clayton Hotel Burlington road. We are really happy that you enjoyed your stay.
Hope to see you back with us again soon.

Reviewed 9 December 2017 via mobile

Visited this hotel for my birthday on a one night stay in Dublin.
Was really busy with obviously some company party so couldn’t really use the bar in any kind of sanity and the reception area was as bad. To be expected this time of year so we just retired to the room. The staff were lovely at check in although hard to hear but they kindly had organised a mini birthday cheesecake which was such a lovely touch, thankyou . We went out for a show and came back around 11. The bar was still manic so we again just went to our room. The unfortunate thing was the heating was just blowing cold air and the hot water in the tap was not working. Didn’t want to hassle the staff at that hour with the broken air con as they were flat out and we weren’t gonna be able to move rooms at that hour . Mind you it was Baltic cold that night in the room so had to get up early and leave. I’m sure it’s not the norm but will be glad to get back to my own warm house and tick this birthday downer as a once off. Would recommend the hotel and a decent location just bring your thermals.

1  Thank Eireunicorn

Hello Eireunicorn,

Just touching base with you to say thank you so much for your very kind score for the Hotel, I am sorry to read that it was a little tarnished by the heating issues you had whilst with us.
We are very grateful that your overall experience was not diminished by these issues which we hope to have rectified.
We hope to see you back again someday soon.
Thank you for your custom.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 8 December 2017 via mobile

€50 to park overnight when not staying in the hotel but after being in the hotel at an event. Wow ! A lower vat rate for hotels in Ireland ... keep it up !! Rob them while you can Clayton. Don’t park here !

Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank SimonJRex
326doconnor, Customer Service Manager at Clayton Hotel Burlington Road, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2017

Hello Mr. SimonJRex,

I am sorry to read that you are more than a little dismayed by the rate charged for non-residential parking with our Hotel.
It is unfortunate but we do not carry enough parking facilities for all those who may attend functions in our Hotel. We are a 502-bedroom property with our function space capable of holding numbers as much as 1600 people but our property can only facilitate up to 200 vehicles and as such the priority will go to residential guests for parking spaces and rates.
We do recognise that custom given to us through our function space is very important and we try to facilitate residential rates to non-residential customers when they presented their tickets to the main reception desk for payment but if one were to pay at the pay stations in our hotel the machines will never distinguish what type of customer you were.
I am more than happy to speak with you directly regarding your parking fee if you so wish. My contact details are below should you like to contact.

doconnor@claytonhotels.com

I hope to hear from you soon.

Kindest regards
Daniel O’ Connor

Reviewed 8 December 2017 via mobile

From the start wasn't impressed with the check in service couldn't find our booking, on each in the room we had prosecco and chocolates ordered never arrived until we chased it up. Rooms. OK and clean

1  Thank toccle

Hello toccle,

I would like to start by thanking you’re for the time spent on writing a review for our property, I am sorry to read that your experience did not live up to your desired expectations and that your room amenities were not present as booked.

The Clayton Hotel Burlington Road management team really appreciates your feedback and wanted to apologies for the impression left being poor.

I would like to offer you my direct email address if you feel you have the time to contact me for any future bookings planned I may offer my assistance in helping make your return stay more hospitable.

doconnor@claytonhotels.com.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Reviewed 7 December 2017

Got parked without any trouble both days. Pleasant efficient check in and a spacious warm clean room. We didn't dine here apart from breakfast which could have been a bit warmer but all in all was dead on. The staff were very efficient and pleasant especially Tommy at breakfast - one of Dublin finest, a character and a gentleman. The lounge is spacious and had multi channels for sport. The hotel in centrally located in and nice area a short stroll from some nice pubs and a €7 taxi ride from Grafton street. We had a pleasant experience during our stay and can only recommended staying here.

Room Tip: Get a higher up room the lifts are very efficient
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CRC55

Hello CRC55,

Really great to read the wonderful review and scoring you have awarded us, really excited to pass on to Tommy that you had such a wonderful stay here at the Clayton Hotel Burlington Road.

We really look forward to welcoming you back again.