“Best dining experience in Dublin!”
Review of Sabor Brazil - CLOSED

Sabor Brazil
Price range: US$ 42 - US$ 118
Cuisines: Brazilian
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Brazil is the largest and most populous country in South America. Almost as if to complement its exciting geographical contrasts, from wetlands to tropical forest to beaches, it also boasts an incredible multi-ethnic mix, which is mirrored in its cuisine.The indigenous Tupi Indians had already mastered the art of preserving meats through smoking and drying by the time the Portuguese colonised Brazil in 1533. They had developed the use and processing of Corn (in particular Corn Porridge) as well as the use of many root vegetables such as sweet potato and manioc (also known as yucca or cassava ).Not only did the Portuguese bring with them their own culinary customs (heavily influenced by 300 years of Moorish occupation) but they also imported slaves from West Africa with their cooking traditions. The use of coconut milk, peppers and dende (palm oil) are amongst the many ideas introduced by the slaves, all of which are prevalent in Brazilian cooking.Many more immigrants followed later, including Western Europeans, peoples from the Middle East and Asia, but unlike the Portuguese and African traditions, their culinary contributions were absorbed rather than evolved.As with many other large countries, Brazilian cuisine has its regional differences, although staple ingredients throughout Brazil today include beans, rice and manioc meal. To the North (includes Amazonas, Rondônia and Pará), the diet is mainly fish, root vegetables and fruit as opposed to the Southeast where the use of corn, pork and beans is traditional. Our restaurant is based in a small baroque city of Ouro Preto (from Portuguese, Black Gold) is a city in the state of Minas Gerais, Brazil, a former colonial mining town located in the Serra do Espinhaço mountains and designated a World Heritage Site by UNESCO because of its outstanding Baroque architecture. A different and enjoyable option for a FINE DINING Brazilian Restaurant. A cozy atmosphere for pleasant moments with friends and partners. Excellent food and proud to show our diverse culinary dishes to europeans.
Dublin, Ireland
“Best dining experience in Dublin!”
Reviewed 9 April 2012

Wow, just been to Sabor for the first time and will be going back again! Everything is perfect; the service is a delight, the food is heavenly, and the price was extremely good considering all the extra courses and wine that was provided! Incidentally, one of our party was vegetarian and was taken very good care of. I've been to Chapter One, Shanahans etc etc.. Sabor leaves them all behind. Just go!

2 Thank drcdavenport
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Dublin
“Best restaurant in Dublin”
Reviewed 2 April 2012

An evening of total attention from the staff. The most amazing service I have ever encountered in Ireland. The restaurant itself is decadent and intimate. It was such a treat.

4 Thank milkycoffey
LONDON
“Sublime”
Reviewed 31 March 2012

This restaurant is a hidden gem, the atmosphere was unique and the customer service outstanding. The host was consistently plesant and incredibly attentive, without being over-bearing. He could of served me very average food and I would of still enjoyed the dining experience based on the service he provided alone.

The food was very delicious and plentiful so dont dine here if you are in a rush, beacuse it would ruin the whole experience.

A must.

4 Thank sahrialoren
Dublin, Ireland
“Probably the best dining experience I've ever had!”
Reviewed 29 March 2012

On arrival I was slightly taken aback by just how small the restaurant is and on seeing the menu it looked to be more than a bit expensive, however this does not tell the full story. Service was 2nd to none, food great and we leat after 4 and a half hours feeling that we had got very good value for money. This is a very different dining experience that is difficult to describe but one which I would very much recommend!

2 Thank busaiano
Dublin
“What an experience!”
Reviewed 28 March 2012

I was a bit suspicious of this restuarant given the uniformly positive reviews both here and on trip advisor. Nonetheless I booked and came to check it out for myself.

First the wonderful, the service is unsurpassed in my experience. It is warm, friendly, engaging without being overbearing or intrusive. Cushions were offered immediately we sat down on the deep chairs to ensure our comfort, a glass of champagne was also offered once we were seated to welcome us. All in all just delightful.

It is a tiny, intimate restaurant with seating only for about 12 diners. I was a bit afraid it was too small and we would be overly conscious of other diners but this was not the case.

The wine was delicious, a house wine, spanish, wish I could remember the name becuase it was the nicest wine I'd had in a long time.

The caparinihas (sp?) were also superb.

Second the average; the food I am afraid, while tasty and pleasant is not of a standard you would generally expect at the prices charged. Do not come here expecting michelin star type food. It is nice, it is interesting, it is nicely presented, but it is not the refined food you normally get with a €40 price tag for a main meal.

The decor is much hyped (see photos on their site) but I thought it didn't quite meet the uber luxury sense they were trying to achieve. It felt a little like it came from next ifywim. Nothing particularly wrong with it, just not as nice as the photos.

Finally, the poor, the location is just awful. It's down a deserted side street off Camden Street beside a launderette. The kind of street you don't walk down when you're not local and it's dark. I nearly didn't go in!

So finally, would I recommend it? Yes! We really, really, really enjoyed our meal. But the only justification for the price of it really is the very small size of the restaurant and the service. Don't get me wrong, the food is fine, good even, it's just SO expensive. But I never felt so welcome anywhere before and I would certainly go back.

3 Thank DublinElle