“Used to be OK”

Mc Cabes Deli
Ranked #2,039 of 2,935 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Deli
Reviewed 3 April 2017 via mobile

Use to be Ok, but is getting worse from time to time. I used to go there before because the staff was nice ( specially one italian girl) an the prices were OK, nowadays they simple don't care about the people. Honestly I am done with them, and I think that I am not the only one.

Date of visit: April 2017
1  Thank AndrewGV90

Reviewed 18 December 2016 via mobile

So I went there to get some breakfast for the family. First thing that surprised me was the fact that they didn't have hashbrowns (which are my wife's favorite). So I had to go across to Spar to get them. Their rolls are not expensive but not cheap either. Staff were nice!

Overall, it's just ok.☝

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed 2 April 2016

Found this little deli whilst walking around the area we were staying in. Decided to try this for breakfast as we thought that 14 euros each for breakfast in our hotel was a bit steep. This deli serves different types of breakfast, full Irish, porridge, cakes croissants. My husband had the French breakfast which was ham and cheese toasties with scrambled eggs which he raved about. The owners or staff(not sure who was who) were friendly and the service was excellent. Would definatly recommend this lovely place.

Date of visit: April 2016
Reviewed 3 August 2015 via mobile

"Spar" style and quality meats and fillings for a higher price, no thanks. They used to be good but since a refurbish maybe 1 year ago, things have gone downhill.

Date of visit: August 2015
Reviewed 28 April 2015

Popped into get a takeaway lunch - tuna melt and a latte. 2 staff chatting away behind the counter .. one eventually decided to acknowledge me. I placed my order and waited. Received my order after a few minutes .. no problem .. but then had to wait another 5 or so as the staff disappeared to all ends of the deli whilst I wished to pay. Maybe I should have just left! Anyway, service was dreadful. Opened my sandwich and coffee when I got back to my office. The food was worse than the service .. tuna melt was a mush and tasted greasy and the latte was a mildly warm coffee with a drop of milk. Won't be going back and I would not encourage anybody to stop by .. you don't want to disturb the staff from their important duties now!

Date of visit: April 2015