The Gibson Hotel
Official Site
US$ 233
US$ 211
4,956 results
All reviewspoint villagecity centrerelaxation areamodern hotelport tunnelgreat hotelconcert goersluas stoptram linebar foodthird floorexecutive roomenjoyable stayfollowing morningwould highly recommend this hotelhotel barvisiting dublin
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Second time staying in the Gibson. It has to be my favourite hotel right now. Very clean, chic, and modern. Competitively priced. Very good location. Really nice room with gorgeous shared terrace.

Only problems were:
The late check in. We had arrived in Dublin at 12, checked in but our room wasn't ready and it wasn't ready until 3. I had let them know I was arriving early. I know its publicized that check in is at 3, but its a hindrance when you just want to relax.

We had gone up to see a show and as a weekend break for partners birthday. I had called them two days before to have champagne glasses and bucket ready in the room when we checked in. However, this wasn't done which annoyed me abit, seeing as they knew I was there 3 hours before we actually got into the room.

Room Tip: Rooms on fifth floor has great views and some have shared terraces.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
GCallinan, Manager at The Gibson Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2012

Dear “sfamato”,
Thank you for choosing to stay with our hotel yet again and for taking the time to post your review. As you mentioned our check in time is 3pm, however we always try and accommodate early arrivals when possible, based on the availability of our rooms. I apologise for any inconvenience for any inconvenience that this may have caused. If you would like to discuss your stay in more detail please feel free to contact me directly. I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the near future. In the meantime, if I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 21 April 2012

I decided to try this modern hotel in the finance district of Dublin. It is very very modern in style actually quite Scandinavian with lots of white punctuated by big blocks of colour. This makes it very clean if somewhat cold. They serve Paulaner weissbier (a welcome break from Guinness) though it would be great to see a real Irish brew like Galway Hooker on tap. I ate in the bar and then the main restaurant. I have to say the former was better being Asian fusion in style and very well executed. I had a tuna sashimi starter followed by salmon and cod baked in a banana leaf with spicy Indonesian dipping sauce and fragrant rice. Very tasty. I could have lived without the electro-pop background muzak, but overall recommended. Thank goodness you can open the windows in the rooms!

Room Tip: Hard to - it's a bit of ghost town as the financial district has never been finished due to Irish economic slump. You can get into town easily on the LUAS tram system
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business

Dear “DavidFarquhar”,
Thank you for choosing to stay with the gibson hotel and for taking the time to post your review. Thank you also for your kind comments regarding our hotel and I am glad you enjoyed your dining experience in our hotel. I do hope that we get the opportunity to welcome you back again in the near future. In the meantime, if I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 20 April 2012

Stayed at this hotel for a couple of nights while taking my son to to a show in the O2 arena. Positioned right beside the O2, it is the perfect spot to stay for anyone going to the O2; and with the LUAS (Dublin's tram system) right outside the front door, you can be straight into the city centre with no trouble in 10 minutes.
Hotel reminded me of the Grand Park Orchard hotel in Singapore, check-in on 3rd floor, modern decor....
Hotel room was very comfortable and spacious with a nice big window to open for fresh air. My wife commented on how spotless the room was (and she has an eye for detail).
Food was simply SUPERB, both in the Coda Eatery and in the Hemi Bar - my wife was particularly impressed with the Asian menu in the bar (she is from Singapore originally herself) and thought it was as close to the real thing from home as she has ever tasted in Europe.
Breakfast was up to the same high standard.
I can't fault the hotel in anyway and we will definitely go back in the near future.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family

Dear “KieranSlats”,
Thank you for choosing to stay with the gibson hotel and for taking the time to post your review. It is very pleasing to see you had such a positive experience whilst staying with us recently. I am delighted you enjoyed our food and I will be sure to pass your comments on to our team. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future. In the meantime, if I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 20 April 2012

Went for a weekend and stayed at the Gibson, now if your going to something at the O2 there is no better hotel for sure it is straight across the street. But it's a great place to stay wherever your going as the tram stop is right outside the hotel. We went for the Rugby and it was great, hop on a tram to temple bar for beer and food or to Grafton Street for shopping it was all great.

One night we walked back from Temple Bar to the hotel along the river and it was lovely with all the bridges lit up etc.

Our room was lovely the hotel is modern and funky with a lovely central atrium, the bathroom was really nice and bright and clean with a huge rain shower. Had a really nice time in Dublin and a great stay at this hotel!

Room Tip: The rooms with windows on the central Atrium were lovely.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear “Sand64”,
Thank you for choosing to stay with the gibson hotel and for taking the time to post your review. I am delighted you had such a pleasant experience while staying with us and benefited from our location. I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the near future. In the meantime, if I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 18 April 2012

Needed a stay close to the port for an early morning ferry and found this, by chance. What a fab place! Less than 100yds to O2 if you are going to a concert and and only a €10 cab ride to Grafton Street, so location is perfect. Ultra modern hotel, styled very much on Far Eastern hotels with their lofty and spacious reception, bar and restaurant areas.... and beautifully done. The room similarly was lovely, very spacious with king bed and stunning bathroom. Can wholeheartedly recommend this, without hesitation......

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business

Dear “PaulW42”,
Thank you for choosing to stay with the gibson hotel and for taking the time to post your review. I am delighted that you had such a positive experience whilst staying in our hotel and that you were able to benefit from our location. I am also delighted that you enjoyed the design of our hotel and rooms. I do hope that we have the chance to welcome you back again in the near future. In the meantime, if I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.