“Brilliant Stay!!”

Ranked #22 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
cork
“Brilliant Stay!!”
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Stayed two nights to celebrate my wife's 40th birthday and taking in NKOTBSB concert at O2. Happened to mention this fact in passing when booking room but I didnt make a big deal of it. On arrival the hotel staff had left some lovely cakes and chocolate covered strawberries in room with a lovely birthday card for Orla!! I had upgraded us to a junior suite which was brilliant too! Had some drinks in the bar on the friday night and the 2 barmen were great, really friendly and fun. they make good mojitos too!! Staff left me charge my iphone too cos I forgot my own one. Absolutely top marks all round!! best hotel in Dublin!!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
GCallinan, Manager at The Gibson Hotel, responded to this review, 21 May 2012
Dear “CorkBale”,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us once again at the gibson hotel and for taking the time to post your review. It is very pleasing to see that you had such a memorable experience for your Wife’s birthday. It is great to see you were so impressed with our team .We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future; in the meantime, if I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.
gcallinan@thegibsonhotel.ie
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (757)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Wexford
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Second time staying in the Gibson. It has to be my favourite hotel right now. Very clean, chic, and modern. Competitively priced. Very good location. Really nice room with gorgeous shared terrace.

Only problems were:
The late check in. We had arrived in Dublin at 12, checked in but our room wasn't ready and it wasn't ready until 3. I had let them know I was arriving early. I know its publicized that check in is at 3, but its a hindrance when you just want to relax.

We had gone up to see a show and as a weekend break for partners birthday. I had called them two days before to have champagne glasses and bucket ready in the room when we checked in. However, this wasn't done which annoyed me abit, seeing as they knew I was there 3 hours before we actually got into the room.

Room Tip: Rooms on fifth floor has great views and some have shared terraces.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear “sfamato”,
Thank you for choosing to stay with our hotel yet again and for taking the time to post your review. As you mentioned our check in time is 3pm, however we always try and accommodate early arrivals when possible, based on the availability of our rooms. I apologise for any inconvenience for any inconvenience that this may have caused. If you would like to discuss your stay in more detail please feel free to contact me directly. I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the near future. In the meantime, if I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Gargunnock
Reviewed 21 April 2012

I decided to try this modern hotel in the finance district of Dublin. It is very very modern in style actually quite Scandinavian with lots of white punctuated by big blocks of colour. This makes it very clean if somewhat cold. They serve Paulaner weissbier (a welcome break from Guinness) though it would be great to see a real Irish brew like Galway Hooker on tap. I ate in the bar and then the main restaurant. I have to say the former was better being Asian fusion in style and very well executed. I had a tuna sashimi starter followed by salmon and cod baked in a banana leaf with spicy Indonesian dipping sauce and fragrant rice. Very tasty. I could have lived without the electro-pop background muzak, but overall recommended. Thank goodness you can open the windows in the rooms!

Room Tip: Hard to - it's a bit of ghost town as the financial district has never been finished due to Iris...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Dear “DavidFarquhar”,
Thank you for choosing to stay with the gibson hotel and for taking the time to post your review. Thank you also for your kind comments regarding our hotel and I am glad you enjoyed your dining experience in our hotel. I do hope that we get the opportunity to welcome you back again in the near future. In the meantime, if I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Dublin
Reviewed 20 April 2012

Stayed at this hotel for a couple of nights while taking my son to to a show in the O2 arena. Positioned right beside the O2, it is the perfect spot to stay for anyone going to the O2; and with the LUAS (Dublin's tram system) right outside the front door, you can be straight into the city centre with no trouble in 10 minutes.
Hotel reminded me of the Grand Park Orchard hotel in Singapore, check-in on 3rd floor, modern decor....
Hotel room was very comfortable and spacious with a nice big window to open for fresh air. My wife commented on how spotless the room was (and she has an eye for detail).
Food was simply SUPERB, both in the Coda Eatery and in the Hemi Bar - my wife was particularly impressed with the Asian menu in the bar (she is from Singapore originally herself) and thought it was as close to the real thing from home as she has ever tasted in Europe.
Breakfast was up to the same high standard.
I can't fault the hotel in anyway and we will definitely go back in the near future.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Dear “KieranSlats”,
Thank you for choosing to stay with the gibson hotel and for taking the time to post your review. It is very pleasing to see you had such a positive experience whilst staying with us recently. I am delighted you enjoyed our food and I will be sure to pass your comments on to our team. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future. In the meantime, if I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 April 2012

Went for a weekend and stayed at the Gibson, now if your going to something at the O2 there is no better hotel for sure it is straight across the street. But it's a great place to stay wherever your going as the tram stop is right outside the hotel. We went for the Rugby and it was great, hop on a tram to temple bar for beer and food or to Grafton Street for shopping it was all great.

One night we walked back from Temple Bar to the hotel along the river and it was lovely with all the bridges lit up etc.

Our room was lovely the hotel is modern and funky with a lovely central atrium, the bathroom was really nice and bright and clean with a huge rain shower. Had a really nice time in Dublin and a great stay at this hotel!

Room Tip: The rooms with windows on the central Atrium were lovely.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear “Sand64”,
Thank you for choosing to stay with the gibson hotel and for taking the time to post your review. I am delighted you had such a pleasant experience while staying with us and benefited from our location. I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the near future. In the meantime, if I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.