“Outstanding” 5 of 5 bubbles

Le Bon Crubeen
Ranked #183 of 2,527 Restaurants in Dublin
Price range: US$ 13 - US$ 26
Cuisines: French, Irish, European
Good for: Bar Scene, Groups, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Brunch, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: North City Centre
Description: Le Bon Crubeen's brasserie menu delivers a realistic, consistent, grass-roots experience sourcing ingredients from the very finest Irish producers delivering quality and value for money. Our menus include vegetarian and Coeliac/Gluten free dishes.
Dublin
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2012

I go to Le Bon Crubeen probably once a fortnight for a late lunch or early dinner. I would go everyday if I was in the area more often. I love this place. The staff are friendly and attentive and the food always impresses me.

The menu has a great variety; from good, hearty, wholesome food to delicate, artistic dishes. There is something for everybody on the menu.

For these reasons I decided to book a table for my Mother's birthday. It was a busy Thursday evening and there were 10 of us having dinner. From the moment we walked in we felt welcome. It only got better from there. The food was incredible, it was fresh, full of flavour and presented elegantly. The waitress was always aware of our party but never intruded on us. The selection of wine is perfect. The restaurant itself has a warm, relaxed atmosphere with candles everywhere and mellow background music. And, it's modestly priced, especially considering the quality of food.

I have noticed that there have been some bad reviews about this place in the past but I have not ever had a bad experience here. I will definitely recommend this restaurant to anybody.

1 Thank James N
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Dublin
“Good food with a friendly atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2012

I recently visited Le Bon Crubeen with a few friends and had a fantastic meal at a very reasonable price. The head waitress Martina tended to all our needs and really made our party feel welcome. The food both looked and tasted delicious and despite the restaurant being busy we were left wanting for nothing, definitely worth checking out.

dublin
“Standards have dropped at Le Bon Crubeen”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2012

I have been a regular visitor to Le Bon Crubeen and have always found the food exceptional and good value for money. Alas, those enjoyable experiences seem to be a distant memory based on my visit today, The 8 Eur paninni options have been droppped from the menu and instead replaced with gourmet sandwichs for 10.50. Luckily my favourite main of Chicken Supreme remains on the menu so I opted for this. We had to wait over 30 mins to receive our food and this is in a half empty restaurant at the tail end of lunch service. I was expecting crispy tender chicken on a bed of creamy mash and instead got a lump of flavourless chicken breast with a handful of cubed potatoes and an over powering mustard pepper sauce and a few token tomatoes. It was the most disappointing meal that I have received in a very long time and was not worth the 12.5 Eur that it cost me. I noticed that the usual staff were not there so one wonders if the head chef and management are still working here.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank c b
Dublin, Ireland
“GREAT PLACE IN A FOOD DESERT”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2012

This place is worth seeking out - at the end of Talbot st- in an area where good food is hard to find. The facade looks smart ,the interior looks like a dimly lit bar,the welcome is warm.The was standard bistro fare cooked to a high standard and the portions are generous.We had onion soup and confit of duck- both delicious.The wine list was short but very good value- a good choice at 25eu. Service was friendly and quick.
A great place to eat before going to nearby Abbey theatre.

Derry
“Simply Best Burger I've ever ate”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2012

Fantastic atmosphere, so cosy and the food was simply devine, would recommend a visit - Compliments to the chef were sent.