See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 10 May 2016

Speaking of accommodation quality, there is not much to praise. Rooms were equipped with basic, decades old furniture and needed overall maintenance. Especially the doors which looked like they were going to disintegrate in any second. I'd even say it was useless that there were locks on the doors when the doors themselves were made of dry soft wood that might have remembered 2nd world war. Another thing was that there were mushrooms growing in one of the showers (I stayed in 3 different rooms and the other two were okay). Rooms were also very cold but I was soon told by another guest that there was a portable electric heating that I could use - and you bet I did. Breakfast is just instant cereal with milk. Also, rooms facing the street were noisy and I was forced to buy earplugs to get a decent sleep.
So, why I am giving it three stars rather than one? First, price is almost unbeatable. It was even cheaper than my previous Airbnb accommodation in the outskirts. Second, there was a kitchen with all kitchenware available, which I much appreciated as someone who has very specific dietery requirements. Preparing my own meals saved me loads of money which wouldn't be possible at the majority of other hotels/B&Bs. And if you are lucky enough, you'll catch some friendly guests at the guest room and have a good chat like I did. So, as the title says, you get what you pay for and if you are willing to sacrifice comfort, you'll get a cheap place at a great location.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled solo
2  Thank tompaulman
Reviewed 5 May 2016

The personal its very friendly, the rooms are very clean, the enviroment it's feels like home and have everything to have a good night, you can use the kitchen to prepare something by yourself. The only bad thing it's that you can hear the steps in the room when the people use the stair's, as except of that, everything was ok. I recommend this option if you want a quiet hotel.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 April 2016 via mobile

Couldn't get in to the B&B had to wait an hour for someone to turn up, Cold rooms, Valves taken off radiators, kitchen filthy, Bathroom mouldy (shoe box), stayed for 2 hours (whilst trying to contact owner... With no luck)
Moved to an other hotel.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 February 2016

Great place, 5 minutes waking from Aviva Stadium and 15 min from Temple Bar. The host is amazingly nice, the breakfast was super. Is small but cozy, clean and really comfortable. If you are looking a place to stay in Dublin with a very good value for money this is your place.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I had a three night stay (Thursday to Sunday morning). It's a beautiful house with all one needs to live comfortably. My double room was very nice indeed. It was clean and very comfortable. I met the owner, on Friday and she is a lovely woman, very friendly and it's clear she wants to make the B&B a homely place.

The B&B is a 15min walk away from the town and one straight road will take you there so very easy.

I would be happy to stay there again as for where it is situated it was the best value B&B I found. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business