“Clean and safe, great location”

Times Hostels - Camden Place
Ranked #26 of 115 Speciality Lodging in Dublin
Toronto, Canada
“Clean and safe, great location”
Reviewed 5 August 2011

As a female travelling alone, I had requested an all-female dorm at the Camden Place Hostel. When I arrived, I was pleasantly surprised to find out I was the only person staying in the 4-bed dorm. Even if the room had been full, there was plenty of room and storage space. The bed was comfortable, with exceptionally clean bedding, and I had a great sleep at this hostel. It was off a main road, so it was very quiet at night, but not too far away to make me feel unsafe walking alone. The bathroom here was just fine, though I had some difficulties with the shower temperature. It was either steamy hot or icy cold. The windows also didn't close tight and it was very cold the night I was there, so the room was chilly and I couldn't make the heat work - I'm sure had I asked the staff, they could have helped, but it wasn't a big problem.

Small inconvenience. The hostel was great - internet worked well, the common areas were buzzing, the staff were stellar and turned me onto a free walking tour of the city.

The location is also great. I prefer quieter areas, but within walking distance of all the main attractions and this place fit the bill. I didn't have to take a bus or taxi once, except to and from the airport.

The hostel offers free breakfast, but I opted out and went to a lovely restaurant down the road for a full Irish breakfast.

Great price, great stay and highly recommended.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo
Centrahotel, Guest Relations Manager at Times Hostels - Camden Place, responded to this review, 15 August 2011
Thank you for your review. It is always nice to get positive feedback. We Hope to see you back at Times Hostel - Camden Place again soon.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Reviewed 18 July 2011

Hey u out there!
If u wanna go to dublin and wanna have a beautiful and cosy stay there the TImes Hostel Camden Place is the best decision u can make. The boss "Ali" is so friendly and u fell cosy at the first time that she is speaking to u. The staff of the hostel is so cool. U can always ask them questions about dublin and the nightlife and they will give u polite answers. The best thing is that u can party there as long as u want. The people which are staying there are also open mided and sociable. Nobody is mean or something like that. But the Best about this Hostel is that they have everyday special events. Like on monday there is crepes and ice party, on thursday there is an amazing and hilarious pubcrawl and on saturday there is a free guiding tour to Howth. I just mentioned a few of the special days. I feel there as i would have another family except of my personal one. It is so unbelievable that a hostel can give u so much and they work very hard for this. In the end i just want to say that everyday was wonderful there and i don't regret a minute that i was there. U have to try it on your own. Then u know about the " Spirit of Dublin" and u will come back very soon!
Thx for everything

Room Tip: if u are just for vacation ther it will be good to stay i a 2 or 4 room, because u can come home whe...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. We love to get positive feedback. We do our best to make sure that everyone enjoys their stay. We hope you come back to visit us at the Times Hostel - Camden Place again soon.
Bismarck, North Dakota
Reviewed 15 June 2011

I don't think I can write anything that the other reviewers haven't already done. When staying in a hostel, you need to remember that bathrooms are often small, the furnishings sparse, and the clientele a little louder (more fun!) than you'd find at the Holiday Inn. If you are aware of those things, you'll love this place. Both the staff and the other guests were some of the friendliest most fun people I met on my trip. My friend and I stayed in a private suite, and while you could hear some noise from the outside nightlife, it wasn't enough to keep us awake. It was clean, welcoming, and a true home away from home. Their free weekly activities are excellent and a great way to meet people. Should I return to Dublin, I won't consider staying anywhere else!

Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
Thank you for your kind review. It is lovely to get positive feedback. Hopefully we will see you back at Times Hostel - Camden Place again soon.
Sebastopol, California
Reviewed 13 June 2011

I only stayed one night here before taking a super early morning flight to Paris, but I would have gladly stayed another night or two. This hostel is extremely well-managed. The staff are friendly, helpful and welcoming from the get-go. The kitchen is AWESOME! It's huge, very well-equipped, and has a dish-washer. They offer free coffee, tea and hot chocolate around the clock and there is a lovely little breakfast/dining room to enjoy your warm beverage in. I found my room to be quite clean, and the en suite bathroom was very large. The beds were super cozy! I wished I didn't have to wake up at 2:45 AM to catch a shuttle to the airport. The only downside was the noise. The hostel is located right in the middle of Camden Place, and there was a constant stream of partiers noisily walking in the street right outside the window. The front desk provides earplugs, and I suggest you use them! I would definitely return to this hostel.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank cerrizle
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 29 May 2011

I stayed in a 2 person room since it was cheaper than a hotel. It's about what you'd expect for the price.

Positives
-You can get a van ride to the airport for 7 Euros at almost any hour. I let the front desk know the day before and had a ride to the airport at 4:15AM. The van drops by a few hostels, but i was at the airport by 5AM.
-The hostel was clean and there weren't any security problems.
-There are restaurants and clubs in the area. It's near St. Stephens Green and a 15 minute walk to the castle.
-Breakfast is free but you only get toast and cereal. It's not much but it's free from 8-10.

Negatives
-There are a lot of night clubs in the area which makes it extremely loud late at night. Music and yelling from the streets will keep you up until 4 or 5AM but the front desk luckily has ear plugs. I was in room 13 which doesn't face the street, but there's always a lot of noise. I thought it was coming from the lobby until I left the hostel at 4AM to go to the airport and saw groups of people leaving the night clubs. There's no way to get around the noise.
-The bathroom was tiny. You could have one foot in the shower and one in front of the toilet. Check the picture I've uploaded.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
Thank you for your kind review. As we are located in the city centre, we do experience some on street noise at night with the pubs and clubs spilling out onto the street in the small hours of the morning. We do have sme quiet rooms that you can request if you are a particularly light sleeper.
Once again thank you for taking the time to sumit your review. We appreciate all feedback in our efforts to constantly improve and upgrade our product.