“Best Brisket ever!”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 28 June 2015

The place looks a little sketchy, but the meat was fabulous. I had the brisket, my husband the pork sandwich. Both were huge and absolutely delicious. The beans were just spicy enough, the potatoes were a little bland (otherwise it would have been a 5!)

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for My Meat Wagon

Reviewed 24 June 2015

Been to all (That I know of) BBQ places in Dublin and Meat Wagon is probably the best. I say probably because a lot of these BBQ places can be quite hit or miss depending on how long ago the actual meat was cooked.

On this visit we went for the sharing board which comes with a bit of everything and is €20 a head. It is great value, couldn't finish it and brought a good amount of it home in a doggy bag! The highlights were the beef rib, pork belly and the beans. The lowlights were the brisket(Too dry) and chicken(Dry and not much flavour). I'm sure if I went back when the brisket was just cooked it would be different story but that's just the nature of BBQ restaurants.

Service was great. Music was too loud but I think they realised that after a while and turned it down. The hipstery elements like jam jar glasses will annoy some but I feel the food was mostly great so I will definitely be back.

Reviewed 24 June 2015

As an American living in Dublin, getting good BBQ can be a challenge. I have tried a number of different places, but this has been the best so far! I had the pulled pork sandwich which comes with a HUGE onion ring and great sides. My boyfriend had the mix box and the briquet was fall off the bone amazing. Great atmosphere, ate outside in an up and coming Smithfield area! Highly recommend! The staff were also amazing, our waiter came right up and sat at the table to explain how the menu works. We even went back the next night to try something different, but it was closed with a sign that read "gone hunting." Getting the ribs next time!

Reviewed 16 June 2015 via mobile

A friend recommended this restaurant to me on Friday evening so I decided on Sunday to take a we detour to Smithfield as my partner and I love all things bbq, brisket and more....
Firstly on arrival they had no free tables as it were, but they asked would we mind sitting at a "sharing table", We didn't mind although you wouldn't want to be a rugby player to fit in such close proximities!!

The menu is simple enough,meat in a box, meat on a tray, meat on a board but I thought the prices were kind of outrageous for what I was served.

I got the chicken in a box which came with 2 sides, ( I choose the fries and sausage) and a salad mix which was in the box (drenched in some sort of vinaigrette).

The chicken was dry with 2 drumsticks and a wing, the undercooked highly greasy fries were like something you'd get in a chipper van of the late 90's and I couldn't even look at the salad it was so soggy. We both tasted the sausage and we couldn't figure out if they were going for a chorizo mix or whether it was an afterthought.

My partner had pulled pork with the same sides. He thought the pork was fine nothing too special (I think we had such high expectations because we both have had proper tasty bbq food in the U.S)

We both left the sausages and I have to say I honestly wouldn't go back if you paid me, well not for that food anyway.

I will say though, that the staff were lovely and friendly and the restaurant had some lovely touches here and there but me thinks doth tries to hard to be cool rather than serve top quality food......

2  Thank Tazie M
Reviewed 14 June 2015 via mobile

Tried this place for the first time. Food was perfect. Highly recommend the ribs. They were amazing. Great beer selection and good service for a great price. Cant wait to return