“Impressed by the ribs”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 25 January 2015

Great surprise just a few steps from our hotel. We ordered the "Meat on a Board" with two sides (mashed potatoes and beans) which is supposed to be individual, but serves two nicely. The chicken isn't really worth it, but the beef ribs are impressively good. Didn't try the pork.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for My Meat Wagon

Reviewed 8 January 2015

Having visited the previous night and being turned away due to a lack of tabled, we visited again looking forward to our meal with great expectations.
The restaurant has BBQ theme with a modern twist, wooden pallets for tables and printed A4 paper menus. There was some confusion with the vague menu choices 'Cow box' 'Pig box' 'Bird board' and noticed other tables around us asking what each option entailed so maybe this could be made clearer.

I ordered a 'Bird Board' with mash and beans which arrived promptly with generous portion sizes well presented on a wooden board with beans in a mess tin and wooden spoon. There was a distinct lack of BBQ sauce with only tomato ketchup and mayo made available to tables, even after asking our server.
We tucked in and the half chicken tasted great, succulent with a nice BBQ taste yet when we tucked into our sides we realised there was in fact mixed meat in the beans and pork in the mash; this was not advised anywhere on the menu, in the signage or by our server.

As a family who do not eat pork and have never eaten pork for personal reasons, we would not have ordered these sides was this mentioned anywhere and felt very disappointed that this was the case. I understand this is a meaty BBQ restaurant but expected the mashed potatoes and baked beans to be 'safe'.
We left very disappointed having paid €15.95 each for chicken and €6.50 for a beer which seemed on the high side, even more so considering we didn't eat our sides.

1  Thank Lewis W
Reviewed 7 January 2015 via mobile

I was excited about a new restaurant opening up locally and the first chance I got I went in with my housemate. I enquired about gluten free options as I'm coeliac. I was advised there was nothing on the menu I could eat at all and that they couldn't serve me. Things like beans, mash, corn on the cob, meat.... Generally pretty gluten free. But the place was jammed and there were more customers queuing up behind me. I was as good as told to buzz off. I've never left a restaurant so annoyed before. I've eaten in a half dozen similar restaurants and always been fed. Appalling.

Reviewed 2 January 2015 via mobile

Better like meat if you are thinking of visiting here. I had the Pork Board and it was simply delicious. I ate every single scrap of it. The sides were great and not too big which was just as well as there was a LOT of meat. Very butch type of food but I really really enjoyed every bit. Really great service and I really enjoyed the music. Will be back there soon.

Reviewed 30 December 2014

Had a meal here last week as it's 2 minute walk from where I live.
I'll definitely be returning but unfortunately no one ever answers the phone when I try to make a reservation.... ok, I only live 2 minutes walk away but for those who don't....
Also the map is completely incorrect..... MMW is on the left of the Jameson Distillery, across Smithfield Sq and down the side of the pub/restaurant Oscars!
I would definitely recommend MMW!