“Best takeaway cafe in Ireland”
Review of Baskins Cafe

Baskins Cafe
Ranked #27 of 71 Restaurants in Donegal Town
Reviewed 16 April 2018

Very nice homemade chips and the best fish and chips in Ireland. Good sized portions too. Quick service waiting between 10 and 15 minutes. You really get your moneys worth as prices are reasonably cheap.

1  Thank peteraU6118BK

Reviewed 18 December 2017

Only eat here if you are very hungry otherwise you will leave half of it behind you on the plate! Vanessa, our server, was really nice & friendly. Everything is freshly cooked so you might have a little wait but it is really worth it. This is Family Chipper & it it is always busy. I first ate here around 30 years ago, that was when I left half of my food behind me. Whenever I get a longing for good fish & chips, maybe 2 or 3 times a year I drive down to Baskins, there's none better for flavour, quantity & quality!

1  Thank 8spquinn
Reviewed 3 August 2017

Good chip shop cafe where you can eat in or take away. We arrived circa 6:15pm on a Thursday evening, very busy and we got the last table. Very friendly and helpful staff. Food ordered either at the counter or by table.

We had the fish and chips - big portions.

Good tasty food.

Road side parking no car park.

1  Thank Trehwfa38
Reviewed 17 June 2017

Called in here as it had good reviews and to be honest for the price we paid we can't fault it, we had the same meal in the bay view hotel and the ahoy café and they were very inferior to this place. the food here was much better and cost less than half the price of the bay view hotel which was almost inedible. I had yet to find a decent chipper in Donegal but now I think I have the portion size will not leave you wanting, the fish was tasty and batter crispy, although the chips are not real they are not bad and of good quality. There seems to be a lot of local traffic through this place and the food is cooked fresh you may wait a tad longer than your average café but at least you know it's freshly cooked to order. I visited it last week and again today with no drop in the quality of the food. would definitely try this place again.

1  Thank ericmcmd
Reviewed 17 January 2017

Baskins is by far the best place to get a good old Fish and Chips! The staff are always so lovely and the prices are great!

2  Thank Amy9567