“excellent accommodation,excellent location” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #11 of 42 Donegal Town B&B and Inns
ireland
“excellent accommodation,excellent location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2010

I have just returned from my stay in The Gap Lodge bed and breakfast. I previously stayed there last year and was delighted to return again. Nothing had changed my opinion that this is one of the best accommodations in Donegal. The owner Sile and her family are so welcoming and made you feel at home as soon as you arrive as I travelled on my own I felt like part of the family. The room was spacious and comfortable the breakfasts are just beautiful the donegal fry takes some beating. You have a choice of breakfasts which i found very appealing you can chop and change if you want to do so.i have stayed in many other bed and breakfast's and had no choice. So this was an extra bonus. The Gap Lodge beside the Blue Stack Montains has its own appeal. A little bit of heaven and very reasonable.I can recomend this accommadion to anyone, solo travellers and those also with families,you will get a great Irish welcome.Sile and her lovely family give me all the tourist information I needed and an idea of all the places to visit.Nothing was a bother, so hope to return again next year.hasta lluego'''

• Stayed July 2010, travelled solo
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2010

We stayed a week and it was 10 out of 10 great.
A perfect base for setting out each day to see the beautiful countryside of Donegal.
Located just 10km out the road from Donegal Town, in a picturesque gap between hills.
Very child friendly and Sile made us feel most welcome, the breakfasts were grade A and set us up for the day. I have already recommended The Gap Lodge B&B to friends!

• Stayed July 2010
Mullingar
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2010

This is amongst the best of B&B's we have ever stayed in, and we have stayed in many.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank BobanUrs
ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2009

I have recently stayed in the Gap Lodge, Donegal. Propietor Sile Callaghan.I was enjoying a few days holiday in Donegal and stayed for 5 nights at athe Gap Lodge.This bed and breakfast I would reccommend to anyone .The Hospitality by Sile and her family was second to none. I got a great Irish welcome and I got allocated a spacious room en-suite TV telephone and all the facilities necessary. I could have chosen a hotel nearby but I am so glad I choose the Gap Lodge. The setting is absoutely beautiful right in the centre of barnesmore gap , beside Lough Eske with breathtaking views.
I have travelled to many places throughout Europe viewing Hotels and Bed and Breakfasts and I can say without hesitation. The Gap Lodge is the best in Donegal.
Breakfast was superb.
I arrived as a stranger and I hope left as a friend . Will definetely be back.
Nearest Town Donegal Town Plenty to do .

• Stayed June 2009, travelled solo
Takapuna, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2008

This B&B was a good price and an excellent stop-over on our road trip around Ireland. Sheila was very welcoming. The room was clean and spacious. The house was situated on a busy main road but our room was at the back of the house so I couldn't hear any road traffic. The location was great for a walk in the evenings. It was a bit of a trek to Donegal so a car was essential.

• Stayed August 2008, travelled with family