All reviews train station one night full irish breakfast breakfast was delicious cork city ensuite
Reviewed 24 June 2018

I arrived in Cork by bicycle late in the evening and the extremely helpful lady at Number 48 really went out of her way to find me a room, even though strictly speaking they were fully booked! I really recommend this B&B : excellent service, excellent break fast, excellent value for money.

Room tip: I was on the top floor which was nice and quite even with the window open all night
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 19 May 2018 via mobile

I stayed here recently for one night.

Upon ringing the bell I was checked in by a staff member in a topsy turvy room which was a cross between a sitting room, store room and office.

The banisters of the stairs are filthy.
The carpet on the stairs is nearly thread bare.
There are vases plastic flowers on the landings.

The bedroom, by contrast, was spotless as was the bathroom. The bed was very comfortable and there were ample tea making facilities.

Breakfast was in a small room downstairs with three tables.
I think there are nine rooms in the B&B so I don't know what happens if all want breakfast at the same time.
I was only offered full Irish breakfast and no choice of cereal or continental.
I was offered leftover fruit (by staff) from another guest's table when they had left.

The owner clearly cares nothing about first impressions.

It was €60 for the night B&B.

It's close to the city which is its main selling point.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 4 September 2017

This is budget accommodation, but a very acceptable alternative to highly-priced hotels in Cork. It is just a couple of minute’s walk from the railway station, and about 15 minutes’ walk to the town centre, bus station and tour departure point. The only eating options are nearer to the town centre. Rooms are not fancy but have basic needs. There is no elevator and all rooms are on first/second floor. Breakfast is full Irish, and the lady who serves is wonderful and helpful, but does not start until 8am. Wi-fi seems to be a shared service and performance varies significantly. Room can get warm and leaving window open is noisy if facing busy street.

Room tip: Avoid rooms facing main street
Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 17 October 2016 via mobile

This B&B was in a great location...just up the street from the train station. The walk into the city center was not too far (maybe a mile), which was a bonus since I did not have a vehicle. Jerry was an excellent host. Very friendly and welcoming...and he makes a fantastic Full Irish.

Room was clean and comfortable. En suite was a big selling point for me, as was the In-room coffee and tea.

If I ever find myself in Cork again, this will be my first choice of places to stay!

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 16 August 2016

We had a nice stay at Number Forty Eight. The rooms were slightly outdated, but perfectly fine and the beds comfortable. Jerry was a very nice man, and we had plenty of chat with him. About 10 minutes walk from the main centre of town, and right beside the train station. Would recommend this place to others.

Date of stay: August 2016