“fantastic!”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Yauvana Spa
Reviewed 9 April 2008

My partner brought me there for my birthday in october. We got the special offer, one night b&B, dinner and Spa treament. I'm really into Ayurveda, and its the only place in Ireland that you can get Ayurvedic treatments. We got a very friendly welcome and the relaxation room is lovely, very comfy day beds, with a blankets and earphones to block out any noise, perfect for meditation. I got an ayurvedic facial, the best facial I ever had. So relaxed and destressed after. My partner got a massage and he said it was fab. After we stayed for a while in the relaxation room ,as the staff brought us herbal tea. I have been to other spas since, but none of them were as good as the Yauvana spa, can't wait to go back!

1  Thank mynox
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
Reviewed 18 May 2007

Although I did not stay in the Kingsley, I had booked myself in to the Yauvana spa as a good way to wind down after a day of shopping. I found that considering there were around 4 or 5 staff members in the reception area, no-one took the initiative to see if I needed help. I asked how to get to the spa and was politely given directions. At the spa reception I was not even asked my name. When I said I had a booking I was, a little too quickly, ushered in to the changing room. I was then shown down to the Thermal Suite, and was told to work my way around the room from left to right, and she told me about the relax room where they show photos of lovely scenery. The thermal suite smelled fab and all of the rooms were nice, until I came to the 'spa pool'. It was a very basic jacuzzi that I have at home myself. It smelled of mould and I could quite clearly see mould on the walls, with no attempt to hide it from view. I then went into the thermal relax room to find that the lovley scenery disc was not playing. Surely this should be checked at regular intervals. my treatment was quite nice, although there was very little interaction between the therapist and myself before the massage, so I didn't get a chance to tell her exactly what I wanted. Also, although I'm not a shy person, I felt that a little warning before she massaged my breasts and bottom would have been nice! The Relax room was lovely, nice earthy relaxing colours and the beds were so comfortable. Unfortunately, I only spent 15 mins in there, because it is open plan and all of the treatment rooms are around it, so the noise of people checking in, and going in to treatments is a bit distracting. Overall I think they had the potential to have an excellent spa, but its the little things that let them down.

4  Thank bizzabazza