“Good place to stay, but bring earplugs”

Crawford Guest House B&B
Ranked #36 of 61 Cork B&B and Inns
Dublin
“Good place to stay, but bring earplugs”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2011

Room was spotless had everything you would get in a hotel, Hairdryer, teamaking facilities, shampoo / showergel

Room Tip: The front and back of this b&b has very busy roads that can keep you awake, bring earplugs. Also...
  • Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank LetitiaS_71
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2011

I stayed here in early 2011
It was a pleasant place with really nice breakfast but one night was enough.
The walls are thin and we could hear all sorts of naughty night sounds as well as the man next door snoring like a rhino!
The place could do with updating,new carpet wouldn't go amiss and I prefer a bath. My bathroom was tiny and the towels so small and the room did have a rather musty smell to it but I booked the room last minute and it was only a small twin.
I like to come and go as I please without questions and inquisitions and I know its the Irish way but I didnt feel terribly comfortable with that.
I would stay here again but I would use the other property next door where its newly decorated and more apartment like.

Room Tip: ask for a bigger room at the back of the building on a higher floor.maybe look at the room before yo...
  • Stayed February 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank SerenityIsMine
Madison, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2011

This bed and breakfast is close to Cork city center, quiet at night, and clean. The breakfast is delicious! The proprietor is extremely helpful. The maps available are very helpful, listing walking tours that you can do. There is a light outside the windows at night that was mildly annoying. It was red and made me feel mildly like I was in the red-light district, but it shut off by the time I went to bed (the B&B is in a good location so don't think that it's not from that description!) I would stay again if I visited Cork again.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
dhahran, saudi arabia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2011

We chose this B & B virtually at random off the internet two days before going to Cork. It was a gamble that certainly paid off. The place is very easy to find and the location is very good for the city centre. We were greeted by a very friendly lady who gave us the keys to our rooms - a single and a double. Each room was extremely comfortable. The single had a shower and the double had a jacuzzi-bath plus shower. The rooms were located at the back of the building and were very quiet. Breakfast was excellent with a great selection to choose from - cereals, yoghurt, fresh fruit, scones, toast and a full Irish breakfast with eggs cooked to order. Wonderful! After checking out at 11.00am, the owner allowed us to store our cases there, in a locked room, till late afternoon. A great place to stay. Friendly staff and a nice atmosphere. I would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Dublin-Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2011

We stayed here on the way back from a family trip to Kenmare based upon previous trip advisor recommendations ,and it was an excellent choice indeed.
We recieved a lovely warm welcome and were made to feel at home immediately.
The rooms were spacious , exceedingly clean and had everything we could ask for .Obviously there is great care and attention put into this establishment as it felt homely and had benefitted from a personal touch in many ways.
We got a great nights sleep in very comfortable beds and awoke to one of the best breakfasts we had in a long time.I was also very impressed with the choice available as we were travelling with an 80 plus year old who can be ,understandably ,fussy at breakfast times.
I was really impressed by our interaction over breakfast with the lady whom I assume was the owner and she really went out of her way to point us to various things we should not miss in Cork before returning back to Dublin .
I must say I was somewhat surprised with the previous negative post considering what we had witnessed in this well run and very welcoming establishment .
However the world is full of all kinds of people and in reading the full message I wonder is this someone having their own personal difficulties. My findings were certainly more in line with all of the more positive comments made about this B and B .
We left not long after breakfast but in truth left happy knowing that we now have a lovely welcoming base to explore Cork from in the future.

We will be back

Room Tip: Be yourself and talk nicely to the lovely hostess!
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family