Windsor Inn Cork
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Imperial Hotel(Cork)
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 February 2012

When originally booking this hotel I visited their website where the location looked trendy, modern, well-priced and comfortable.

When we arrived we were a bit shocked. The building is old and rambling. We had to go up 4 flights of stairs to get to room 10 (passing room 24) on the way. Our first room was not suitable for our family and they very nicely changed rooms. Both rooms were dingy, worn down and drafty. Not at all the posh, modern room pictured on their website.

We were only meant to spend one night so we decided after a long drive this was better than searching an unfamiliar city.

I will say we were very thankful that we were on the top floor because we were over the pub and they had live music - but we weren't disturbed at all.

The included breakfast was good and well portioned, but not served in the breakfast room but in the pub on bar stools (a bit hard for our toddler).

It's in a shabbier part of town and surrounded by youth hostels.

We were safe, dry, warm, and well-fed. The staff was very friendly and outgoing. I don't think I would return or recommend for anyone other than budget travellers without kids.

Room Tip: Take them up on their offer to view the room before settling.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 December 2011

My wife and I chose the Windsor Inn due to its location near the centre of Cork and its low price. We were slightly put off by the reviews but decided anyway on the Windsor Inn. We very pleasantly surprised when we arrived and were greeted by Scott one of the friendly staff, a nicely furnished top floor room, a warm inviting bar with friendly locals and great evening entertainment. Breakfast was large and excellent. Evening meal of Irish stew was also excellent. Only complaint was the room was not warm enough for a cold December, but otherwise highly recommended.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank CraigandCaroleUk
Reviewed 20 November 2011

I've not long returned from a short trip here with friends and having read some reviews on here before travelling I was a little worried. However, I needn't have done. We loved the place.

Our room was a triple room up on the top floor. The room, although slightly dated, was clean with very comfy beds. Breakfast that was included with the room in the morning was lovely and set us up for our days of exploring Cork. The location was perfect, about a 5 minute walk from the centre, bus and train stations. The bar and its staff topped off our holiday. We spent 3 great evenings in the bar chatting to the locals and the staff. All were very welcoming, kind and very helpful whenever we asked for anything.

A brilliant little place that I wouldn't hesitate to return to.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank xDanielleEmerx
MichaelCork, Owner at Windsor Inn Cork, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2011

I m delighted with your positive review and glad that you and your friends enjoyed our simple but good value offerings. I would appreciate anyones concerns at seeing previous reviews and I think there is a phantom or two amongst them. I hope you will visit again soon, Michael

Reviewed 14 November 2011

We were 4 senior women who the day before arrival in Cork were able to book accommodations at this charming, historical Inn. Yes, no elevator but we had ensuite rooms which were roomy and comfy. Full Irish breakfast included if wanted. Great as a base for other sight seeing in the area. Near bus station. Easy walk to central markets and T.I. center. Staff were cordial, helpful and cheerful. Price was right. We loved our time there. Don't hesitate.

Room Tip: Upper floors since pub is downstairs at street level
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank oldbabe74
Reviewed 12 November 2011

Stayed for two nights. Room are basic and parking is tough if you are traveling by car. The location is good and it's a short walk to Oliver Plunkett and shopping. defiantly more of a backpackers hostel and at first we were a little skeptical but we ended up having two great nights.

• Stayed: March 2011