Garnish House
  • Pool
US$ 191
US$ 146
Agoda.com
Fitzgerald's Vienna Woods Hotel(Glanmire)(Great Value!)
US$ 140
US$ 113
Agoda.com
Commons Inn(Cork)(Great Value!)
US$ 166
US$ 158
1,445 results
All reviewsporridgesconeson arrivalmain buildingoffered teaafternoon teasitting roomsoda breadminute walkuniversity college corkbreakfast was amazingcork cityirish breakfastwestern roadsized bedfresh fruitfull irish
Reviewed 19 April 2012

The Garnish House was recommended to me by friends who stayed here a couple years ago. We spend one night here before picking up our friends who were flying into the Cork Airport. We arrived a little after 6pm and were greeted by a very friendly staff member who provided us with a delicious spread of baked goods and hot tea. My husband loved the fruit cake and I enjoyed the warm tea since the weather was a bit chilly. We had a nice chat with some other guests in the sitting room before being shown to our room. We ended up in a family room, even though there was just the two of us, so we had a double bed and a single bed and a couch with a fairly large bathroom. The room was on the third floor with a view of the main road. The furniture in the room was pretty old. The WiFi was not very good and was barely able to browse normal websites or check email. The phone line to our room did not work properly and we were not able to receive a call from the friends we were meeting the next morning. The phone line appeared to be dead, and the person who spoke with my friends did not seem at all concerned about addressing this issue or putting us in contact with our friends. The toilet took a very long time to refill the tank which was annoying when trying to sleep. The breakfast was exceptional and I can see why this place gets so many good reviews! The service at breakfast was great! We started with porridge with whiskey and porridge with cream and honey which were very tasty! My husband got the traditional Irish breakfast (half size) and it was still a very large portion. Especially with the amount of fresh pastries and fruits. I got eggs with cottage cheese and chocolate banana pancakes and both were fabulous! Even though I did not think the room was super great, the breakfast evened things out. I'm not sure how this place compares to others in Cork, so perhaps it is as good as it is rated.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank raenstorm
Reviewed 18 April 2012

Book your next stary at Garnish House when you are in Cork. It is conveinately located with a ten minute walk to the City Center and the English Market. The owner and her staff are professional and will take care of your every need. Breakfast is a lavish display and will make the most discerning palate very happy. The rooms are so cozy and mine had a little kitchenette which I put to good use with frest cheese and seafood from the English Market. I loved this stop and will stay again when I am in Cork. I am definately going back to Cork for it's shopping, great food and awesome hospitality.

Room Tip: Thes have three different four story townhouses next to each other. Let them know what you need. If you want a kitchenette, a view, the first floor so that you avoid steps. They have free parking behind each building that is easily accesible.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Judy Henley J
Reviewed 16 April 2012

The things that I value like great food and friendly and caring staff make Garnish hard to beat. The bed was extremely comfortable also. The food was top quality and we were encouraged to eat more which I found impressive. The staff even knew the wi-fi code! You will not find better.

• Stayed: April 2012
3  Thank DjWillowTheWisp
Reviewed 16 April 2012

We were greeted on arrival with afternoon tea, which was delicious. The staff were very friendly and only too happy to help. My husband is coeliac and the owner Johanna made him gluten free scones, bread and pancakes, she could not do enough for us. I have never seen a breakfast menu with such variety it was amazing. I booked a superior room and it had a super king sized bed and plenty of room. Would be more than happy to return when next in Cork.

Room Tip: Rooms in the renovated house are very modern
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Caroline M
Reviewed 15 April 2012

We spent four nights at the Garnish House and would recommend it to anyone. Great food,service and a comfortable room at a great price. Wonderful!

Stayed: April 2012