Hotel Isaacs Cork
US$ 400
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
1,010 results
All reviewsgreenes restaurantbeautiful waterfalllocal churchcity centremaccurtain streettrain stationcar parkno liftnight porterlight sleeperbars and restaurantsreception stafffew minutes walkroom was largehotel is in a great locationacross the riverstayed here for one night
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 April 2012

This is a nice hotel with friendly staff. I think it has disimproved since a visit last year. Windows in room were grubby and to park the car you had to park, go in and collect the key, drive around to the church carpark then return key. You have to go through the same rigmarole when you want to drive your car back out. There must be a better system in this day and age. Breakfast was great.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank drjackyjones
Reviewed 16 April 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights over weekend. Best of all its only a 5 min walk from main train station (Kent) and across the bridge from the main bus terminal (both are 5 min walk between each other). Receptionist very nice as most Irish are. Room 108 was big with double and a single bed which I was not expecting. The rooms looks a but dated now but it has lots of character. They really should replace those big tv's with some LCD flat screens which would make a big difference.
My room was facing the side of the hotel so I did not hear any noise from outside. There is a hotel opposite as well as a theatre and a nice pub - very friendly staff.

I didn't bother with having breakfast as I prefer to go to a cafe and its cheaper too. The hotel should just include the breakfast with the price as most hotels in Europe do this.

The hotel is just across the bridge where all the main bars are. I didn't hang around the city centre much as I was in Cobh for both days (recommended!). Cork City is just like a mini Dublin with a river running through both cities - in fact I could not tell the difference, both have lots of pubs and main shopping centres.

Overall I would recommend the hotel for its proximity to everything and the price is very reasonable for what you get.

Tip from airport - Take the local Bus outside the airport exit - only 8 euro return and it drops you off at either the main train station or bus terminal both are only a 5 min walk to the hotel. A taxi costs approx 15 euro to the city centre.

Room Tip: Room on the side of hotel - room 108 was good.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 April 2012

Stayed here Dec 2011 for an anniversary treat, the hotel was a bit disappointing, great location but the rooms had a few problems. The biggest problem for us was there was hardly any heating in rooms and in December we found it very cold! we complained to front desk as our radiator not working. We went out for dinner and was told it would be fixed on our return. We we entered room the curtains, which had been covering the radiators had been piled onto the windowsills and the radiator was barely warm! so they had put a mobile radiator in the room, positioned right next to the bed, we found this very unsatisfactory not to mention a health hazard! they didn't have another room to move us to, so we had to put up with it. I forgot to mention that I had emailed the hotel prior to our arrival asking for a nice room as it was our anniversary and we were promised a room overlooking the waterfall, this never materialised either!
We ate in the hotels restaurant on the first night and we were taken to a table right next to a radiator, not sure if it was coincidence, as I had complained about the heating? but the meal was good anyway. The second night we managed to eat in the Isaacs restaurant next door which is not actually part of the hotel, so you have to book there separately, try to book early as always busy. the food there was very good and cheaper than the hotel restaurant, so I would recommend you try there first.
Overall we had a good trip, if the heating had'nt been an issue we would have given the hotel a higher mark, but felt this spoilt our stay somewhat.
If I was going back to Cork I would probably book another hotel.

Room Tip: If staying in winter make sure the radiators are working!!
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JOJO46
Reviewed 8 April 2012

Just returned from a family trip to Cork staying in an apartment and hotel room in the Hotel Isaacs. Whilst booking i was in correspondence with the receptionist Jeremy and he was very helpful and couldn't do enough to ensure my requests were met. The hotel and surroundings are nice and the waterfall is a novel feature. The hotel room we had was spacious and full of character. The apartment we rented was spacious but shabby and the noise from the traffic and nightclub across the road is unbelievably loud at night, When i mentioned this at checkout i was met with a shrug (not from Jeremy but another receptionist). I think they would benefit from investing in some double glazing! We dined at Greenes Restaurant the first night and although the food was good, the staff were extremely unfriendly and unwelcoming. From the website it is not clear that there is a horel restaurant also (as the front, Greenes is at the side) and this was a much better dining experience,. All in all it was a nice break but not sure i would recommend to anyone who wanted to get a nights sleep (although maybe Easter Saturday night was particularly raucous)

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Jacqui N
Reviewed 29 March 2012

A group of us stayed here for mine and a friends stag weekend. The hotel has traditional rooms or apartments. Our apartment had two doubles, two bathrooms and a lounge all for 200 quid for two nights. It's not fancy but if you're looking for somewhere clean, with decent service and a decent restaurant then look no further. The location of the Isaacs is also great, decent pubs nearby and only a ten minute walk into the centre of Cork.

Recommended.