“as good as it gets”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
enniskillen
“as good as it gets”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2012

My partner and i have just returned from a 3 night stay in Hayfield Manor and have chatted about our stay the whole way home....and that was a 4 and ahalf hour journey..We simply love this hotel.Fantastic staff,fab food and an atmosphere that simply oozes relaxation.Upon arrival we were greeted by friendly efficent reception staff.Bart is still as charming as the last time we met him and was able to fill us in with all upcoming events as he took our bags to the room. Our room overlooked the front of the hotel and was simply beautiful..We ate in Orchids restaurant on the first night first class food with fantastic wines..Breakfast is an experience not to miss.We had egg benedict with salmon.Yum Yum.On our last night we dined in Perrotts restaurant and again we werent disappointed.Casual dining at its best.This hotel has the whole package and we cant wait to go back...

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 4 July 2012
Dear Guest sheilaandjj,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your wonderful review and also for staying with us at Hayfield Manor once again.

From beginning to end I was thrilled to read your lovely comments about our hotel. I am truly delighted that you had such an enjoyable recent stay with us. I would like to thank you for your great comments about our hotel, particularly our staff and cuisine.

I will be certain to pass on your comments to the whole team, especially Bart. I am certain they will all be delighted to hear your kind praise.

It would be my honour to welcome you back to Hayfield Manor, hopefully in the not too distant future.

Ettienne Van Vrede
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (413)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2012

It's strange because nothing was really wrong but something was missing. I was expecting more, especially for the price. The room was just nice, nothing too exciting. The dinner was good and the dining room I really liked. The location is great the way you are in the city in literally minutes. The grounds are small but that's cause you are so central I guess. Staff were again nice nothing exceptional. All in all it was good

• Stayed March 2012
2 Thank Emacsmith
Dear Guest Emacsmith,

I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us at Hayfield Manor, and for taking the time to write your review.

I would also like to thank you for your very kind and positive words about our hotel, especially about our restaurant. I was very disappointed to read that your stay did not quite meet your expectations. Please rest assured that I have taken your comments on board and I will be discussing them with our team.

We welcome all feedback positive or negative, and take everything on board, as customer feedback allows us to continue improving and exceeding customer expectations.

I would be delighted to welcome you back to Hayfield Manor, hopefully in the not too distant future.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2012

Arriving at Hayfield Manor in Cork after 12 hours of travelling we received a very warm welcome and immediately felt at home. We were looking forward to a nice dinner in Perrotts, the hotel's bistro, and it started well with a taster plate for two. Then everything fell apart - a gateau of aubergine, tomato and potato was anything but. It came in a rectangular cast iron dish looking more like a vegetarian lasagne with layers of overcooked slices of vegetable on top of nearly raw potato. A side order of fries came out undercooked and anaemic. The staff couldn't have been more apologetic and quickly replaced the main course as well as the fries, although I had cancelled them, and I wasn't charged for my main course or drinks. We ate dinner elsewhere for the rest of our stay. Breakfasts were distinctly average as well.

Hayfield Manor is supposed to be a top quality venue with a high class kitchen, so this was all very disappointing and a real shame, because we loved the hotel itself and the staff who were charming and helpful at all times.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank fairweathersailor
Dear Guest fairweathersailor,

I would also like to thank you for your very kind and positive words about our hotel and particularly our staff. I was very disappointed to read that your meals did not meet your expectations, you can rest assured that have taken your comments on board and I will be discussing the matter with our head Chef.

Warm Regards

Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2012

Agree with all the previosu reviews with regard to HM but i'm writing this one following a Wine Society evening last night. Myself ,my wife and another couple attended a "dinner with matching wines" event where Erne wines showcased some of their wines to compliment a six course meal prepared by the Hayfield culinary team. What a delight!!! Six wines to match courses of scallops (melt in your mouth), slow roasted pork belly & black pudding (exquisite), John Dory which was cooked to perfection, a trio of lamb which tased like nothing I've ever tasted (in a good way!!) and a beautiful rhubarb desert which was sublime. Mr Richard McMahon, Erne Wines' sourcing expert gave a step by step account of each of the wines journeys' from grape to table which was very matter of fact and entertaining and he really added to the evening's enjoyment. However it was the Hayfield team who once again excelled with a fantastic menu, prepared and presented beautifully and served by a team of professionals who are a credit to the hotel and their profession. From the moment that we arrived and were greeted by Bart to the moment that we left after Dima had called our taxi, Karen and her team on the night wowed all the way. Well done one and all....

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank NCCC
Tirol, Austria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2012

We stayed here 5 years ago for our 5th Anniversary and it left such an impression on us that we decided to return for our 10 th Anniversary. We were not disappointed. The room was superb, the staff were friendly, attentive and highly professional and the food at the Orchid restaurant was the best I've had in any hotel. The surrounding gardens are immaculated kept and the hotel itself is beautifully decorated. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone. It has to be experienced!

• Stayed June 2012
Dear Guest SulliBanks,

I would like to begin by thanking you for taking the time to write your review and indeed for staying with us once again at Hayfield Manor, your continued support means a lot to us.

I was delighted to read through your review, thank you very much for your kind and positive words about our hotel, the grounds, cuisine, and most importantly our staff. We pride ourselves on the standard and calibre of our staff at Hayfield Manor, and it is wonderful that it does not go unrecognized.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed both your 5th and your 10th wedding anniversary with us and I hope to have the privilege of welcoming you back to Hayfield Manor again in the future.