“Beautiful Hotel, Wonderful Experience!”

Hayfield Manor Hotel
Ranked #1 of 23 Hotels in Cork
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 21 April 2012

My husband and I stayed here 2 nights as part of an 11-day itinerary. We ate in the Bistro restaurant one evening and had the Afternoon Tea one afternoon. Both were very good. From check-in with Roisin, to our multiple encounters with Michael, the service was amazing. The only service slipup came when they tried to deliver someone else's laundry to our room early one morning. Fortunately, we were up, and they profusely apologized afterwards. The breakfasts were very good, as well. All in all a most enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: Room 303 was on the left side, facing the forecourt, which could be a bit noisy when someone insiste...
1  Thank Resa
Ettienne V, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2012

Dear Guest Resa

Thank you for posting your review and for choosing to stay with us at Hayfield Manor.

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments about our staff and our hotel; it is a great boost of morale for all of us to hear such great positive feedback.

I am sorry to hear about the error in the laundry delivery. I would like to apologise for this and I sincerely hope that this did not disturb you or inconvenience your stay.

It would be my pleasure to welcome you back to Hayfield Manor, hopefully in the not too distant future.

Kind Regards

Ettienne Van Vrede

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 20 April 2012

Could not recommend The Hayfield Manor highly enough from the minute to you walk through the door you are treated like royalty. Beautiful rooms, Beautiful Decor throughout the hotel. The best breakfast i have ever eaten. All the staff are brilliant at their job. The meal in Perrots was beautiful and the desserts are to die for. Would recommend this hotel if you want to treat yourself.

Room Tip: All the rooms are excellent.

Dear Guest aly56,

I would like to thank you for taking the time and effort to write your wonderful review and indeed for choosing to stay with us at Hayfield Manor.

It was wonderful to read that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. I was delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your accommodation and your meals. Thank you for your positive feedback; I am sure all of the team at Hayfield will be thrilled to hear your comments.

It would be my pleasure to welcome you back through our doors, hopefully in the near future.

Reviewed 18 April 2012

Just completed my third stay at the Heyfield.

The best rooms, service and food. Like a home away from home.

The most comfortable hotel beds I've ever stayed in.

Will keep finding reasons to come back :)

Stayed: March 2012

Dear Guest PeterDV,

I would like to thank you for staying with us once again; your continued support is greatly appreciated. Thank you also for taking the time to review our hotel.

I was delighted to hear you refer to Hayfield Manor as a 'home away from home' as we strive on a daily basis to make our guests feel as comfortable throughout their stay as if they were in their own home. Thank you for your wonderful and positive comments.

It would be my pleasure to welcome you back to Hayfield Manor, hopefully in the near future.

Warmest Regards

Reviewed 17 April 2012

We stayed here in February on the Valentines package. From checkin, the staff were exemplary and friendly, without being overbearing. What impressed me about the package was the variety of the menu. I was expecting a limited menu, with supplements for the more expensive choices, but no. As far as this hotel was concerned, you had paid for an experience and you were going to get value for your money.
The meal was of course delicious and the dining room was bustling, but never felt uncomfortable. I had a very early flight the following morning and got a continental breakfast brought to the room, at the exact requested time and with no fuss. The hotel room itself was nice, won't win awards for modernity, but was clean and comfortable. A couple of days after checkout, I got a call from the hotel asking if my stay was satisfactory. This shows how seriously Hayfield Manor takes its level of service. Is it cheap? No way. Is it value for money? Absolutely. One minor niggly bugbear: When asked in a 5-star hotel if you would like a morning newspaper, you do not expect to be charged for it. (But overall, I wouldn't dwell on this, it is more a nuisance than anything else)

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest IrishPaddy123,

I would like to thank you for staying with us at Hayfield Manor and for posting your very kind review.

It was a delight to read all of your positive feedback about our hotel and our staff. It is very much appreciated and I will be sure to extend your gratitude on to all of the team. You can rest assured that I have also taken on board your additional comments.

We will always welcome the opportunity to be of service and would be delighted to welcome you back to Hayfield Manor, hopefully in the near future.

Reviewed 15 April 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights on the Gastronomic package, it was simply outstanding.
Beautiful large rooms, we just went for the Manor Room, and it was very large and luxurious! the bed was super comfy!
staff were lovely! there was such a nice atmosphere in the hotel, the staff were so friendly, and the place was full of people and really buzzy. in the evenings (we were there fri & sat night) they had a Frank Sinatara style singer in the lobby.
food was exceptional, we ate in the Orchids restuarant onw night - great food.
breakfast was lovely and you got free bux fizz!
the place is expensive but in our opinion worth every penny!

1  Thank Mark P