1,238 results
All reviews military hill hill overlooking the city night porter steep hill city centre lovely hotel bridal suite hotel restaurant full irish large room four star stayed here for one night from start to finish top class cookhouse receptionist wedding
Reviewed 12 August 2016 via mobile

Visited here by chance and was bowled over by the hotel and dining experience. Staff were so attentive and friendly. The atmosphere was cosmopolitan and warm. The decor of the restaurant was beautiful and the attention to detail showed. It was spotless, colourful and had a very hotel boutique style about it. I ordered salmon and it was served beautifully and artistically on the plate. It was cooked very well and it tasted great. I would like to reiterate that the staff were so pleasant and professional again. I was surprised at how lovely the hotel was as I had never been here before. Will be back asap.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
EDaly2397, Manager at Ambassador Hotel & Health Club Cork, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2016

Dear Thedelaine,

Thank you for taking the time to review The Ambassador Hotel & Health Club,

Firstly I would like to thank you for your kind words on behalf the staff. We are delighted that you enjoyed your ambiance at Mcgettigans Cookhouse & Bar as well as the food which we take great pride in. We look forward to seeing you again.

Kind Regards,

David Dunlea,
Banqueting Manager.

Reviewed 11 August 2016

While doing some ancestor research we came upon this lovely Hotel in Cork City.
We did not stay overnight ,but wished we had ,it is a very proffesionaly run hotel with affordable food at a very high standard . We dined twice here and found both service and food to be more than just enjoyable.
The hotel building was once a hospital that has been transformed into this beautiful hotel with splendid views over Cork City.
On our return trip next year we plan to stay here,have to give this place a ten out of ten.

Room Tip: Room with a view a must
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear Alex M,

Thank you kindly for your review.

We are delighted you enjoyed the quality of food at Mcgettigan's Cookhouse & Bar on both experiences.

We look forward to welcoming you and your great grandfather back in the near future.

David Dunlea
Banqueting Manager.

Reviewed 9 August 2016

Me and my partner stayed 7 nights with bed and breakfast.
Nice decor,super friendly staff,great Irish full breakfast cooked to order.
Beds really comfortable and room clean and fresh.located a ten minute walk into cork where there are so many shops and pubs and live music,worth pointing out that it is situated on a steep hill so we just jumped in a cab on the way back for 5 euro when we felt lazy.Would recommend the place to stay in Cork.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
EDaly2397, General Manager at Ambassador Hotel & Health Club Cork, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2016

Dear Kerry V,

Thank you sincerely for your recent review on TA and I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us.

Your comments concerning the decor,the team here and our breakfast which is cooked fresh to order each time are great to hear.

I hope to welcome you back to Cork and to the hotel in the future but in the meantime if I can be of any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me at 00-353-21-4539000 or alternatively on email edaly@ambassadorhotel.ie.

Assuring you of my most personal & professional attention at all times,

General manager.

Reviewed 9 August 2016

My wife and I had a very nice stay at the Ambassador for 4 nights. We opted for a room with a better view for 15 or so extra euros per night - absolutely worth it. Our balcony was spacious and we had a nice view looking out into the hills and parts of Cork City. Despite no climate control in the rooms, the windows and door to the balcony were enough for a nice breeze. As a bonus, if you plan on visiting Blarney Castle, you are on the correct side of town so the actual drive to the castle is only 15-20 minutes at most.

As we are in our mid-20s, the decent walk up the hill from the city to the hotel was not that big of an issue. However, if I was travelling with kids or older people that is something to keep in mind. Lastly, and this is a small note and of little importance, we found the TV placement in the room to be very odd, so much so that you would have to crane your neck to watch anything from bed.

Overall, a wonderful hotel that I would visit again! We had a wonderful time.

Room Tip: Spend the extra money for a room with a view
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
EDaly2397, General Manager at Ambassador Hotel & Health Club Cork, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2016

Dear Arthur_of_whiterun,

Thank you for your lovely review posted on trip advisor.

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you and your wife back to the hotel in the future if you are visiting Cork again.

In the meantime if I can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me at 00-353-21-4539000 or alternatively on email edaly@ambassadorhotel.ie.

Assuring you of my most personal & professional attention at all times,

Yours Sincerely,

General Manager,

Reviewed 9 August 2016

I stayed here months ago and I've been meaning to write a review. The hotel was beautiful, absolutely spotless and in a great location. What really set them apart though was the staff, so friendly and couldn't do enough for you. We went for a late drink in the bar and were hosted by Don the barman who recommended a beautiful wine, told us our horoscopes and generally had us in stitches. He was an absolute gent! You won't go wrong with this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank indoorsy

Dear Indoorsy,

Thank you sincerely for your lovely review of the hotel and our team here at the Ambassador.

It is always a great lift to members of the team like Don when they are singled out for praise and I am delighted you enjoyed his recommendations.

Its no coincidence that Don appears regularly in a positive fashion on reviews as he certainly is one of our most unique members of the team and we are delighted to have him here.

Don is unique in his personality but unwavering in his quest to ensure that our guests are afforded the highest levels of customer care.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel should you return to Cork but in the mean time if I can be of any assistance prior to that please do not hesitate to contact me at 00-353-21-4539000 or alternatively on email edaly@ambassadorhotel.ie,

General Manager.