1,229 results
All reviewsmilitary hillhill overlooking the citynight portersteep hillcity centrelovely hotelbridal suitehotel restaurantfull irishlarge roomfour starstayed here for one nightfrom start to finishtop classcookhousereceptionistwedding
Reviewed 22 May 2016 via mobile

20 of us stayed here for my cousins hen party. A fantastic place to stay close to the city . We had a balcony and the views from it were beautiful. Room was spacious and spotless clean. I ate breakfast and lunch at the hotel and the food was beautiful, very good service and reasonably priced. The night porter Don was outstanding as 20 women returned to the hotel after a night on the town!! He looked after us with food and drinks and went out of his way to be of service to us. I will definitely stay in this hotel again.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank hanny69
Reviewed 19 May 2016 via mobile

We visited the ambassador for breakfast one Sunday in May-so exceptional was the experience we returned with my parents about an hour later for more coffee and treats! The Ambassador is a favorite if ours and it lived up to our expectations on both sittings:excellent coffee,delicious good (scones and toasted special were really good) and superb service. Joy looked after us extremely well:giving plenty of attention to our children and ensuring that we had all we needed and more,making our dining experience one to remember,yet again. Looking forward to returning soon.

1  Thank Odette_12
Reviewed 16 May 2016 via mobile

Hello again .
Let's start from the beginning. Check in experience was brilliant. To me good customer service is all about the experience. Lovely check in agent. Room 104 didn't have best view. Wouldn't walk from city. Uphill all the way. Get a taxi for 7 euro. Lovely dinner at bar fish and chips to die for. Service brilliant . But then unfortunately going back to my room went to lift as have bone disability. Next I remember lift been stuck. Manager on duty dealt with it brilliant. Was only there for about 3 minutes seemed like 13. On overall mishaps happen in hotels.
Wouldn't put me off staying here again . I'd stay for the peacefull and tranquility.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank frantheman2016
Reviewed 16 May 2016

I attended the communion party of my godson Ryan yesterday at the ambassador, having never been before! OMG how have I missed this little gem!!! The hotel was spectacular and oh so beautiful. Staff were very nice, polite etc etc! As it was a communion party we had finger food but it was fab! Cant wait to get back there for dinner! the restaurant and bar are stunning!!

2  Thank melissa382015
Reviewed 13 May 2016 via mobile

Just back from another fantastic trip to the Ambassador. It's gm Mr Eoin Daly and his team that makes it such an enjoyable break. April and all the girls on reception are so friendly and welcoming nothing is too much trouble.
Dinner every evening was so enjoyable. Fantastic chefs Sallyann Bronna and Dave are a real asset to the hotel. They are so friendly and welcoming always go the extra mile no matter how busy they are they always make time to chat. No matter how many functions and events are going on you're still made feel special.
The rooms we had were really spacious with balconies giving amazing views of Cork both day and night. Lovely bathrooms. The housekeeping staff are really friendly and very good at looking after you.
Hotel is in a really good spot for travelling as we drove along part of the wild Atlantic way which was beautiful. We also went to Blarney, Kenmare, Fota and Killarney . Retail therapy in the city is also worth the trip as city is only about 10mins from hotel. OK so it takes a bit longer on the way back with the hill but the experience and service you get in the hotel makes it all worth it.
I'm already counting the days till we return in September. Big thanks to Eoin and all the staff for making each trip to the hotel better and better their attention to detail is second to none.
Alwyn B