“Wonderful Service”

Travelodge Cork Airport
Ranked #21 of 23 Hotels in Cork
Reviewed 1 April 2012

We stayed there on the night of saturday 24th of march, The night the clocks forward by one hour. We were flying to the algarve the next morning at 6.30 which in realty to my tired body ment the flight was really at 5.30 ouch. We booked a taxi at recption and the recptionionst told us there would not be a problem getting a taxi for 5am. so off we went to our room and were very impressed. The room was big, bright and was gleaming clean. The shower was strong and the towles large white and fluffy after a good night sleep in a comfertable bed the taxi arrived on time but not only that but the night porter came and called us when the taxi pulled up outside at 5am. Overall a great stay and brillant staff . Well done to you all please keep it up we need more places like your travellodge

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank maryanne p
JanisLazdans, Manager at Travelodge Cork Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2012

Dear Maryanne,

Thank you for taking time to write such a nice review regarding your stay with us recently!

I am glad that despite an early morning flight and clocks going forward, you still managed to get good night’s sleep in our comfortable beds – we are in the process of replacing all beds from double to king beds. Two thirds of the beds in fact have already been replaced and hopefully sooner rather than later the remaining few will be replaced as well.

Thank you once again for writing your positive review about our hotel and staff!

Janis

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Travelodge Cork Airport

Reviewed 8 March 2012

I stayed here for an extended period of time back in January. The staff were super pleasant and cheerful. They were very accommodating. The room itself was big, clean and very quiet. It isn't within walking distance to the city centre but it's only a 10 minute walk to the bus stop. The bus was 1.70 each way and took approximately 15-20 minutes to get to town.

There is an Eddie Rocket's attached to the hotel, which was very convenient....but a bit pricey. The value of the hotel was great though!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
JanisLazdans, Manager at Travelodge Cork Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to write the review about your experience in Travelodge Cork hotel!

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and I do hope to see you again sometime!

Janis Lazdans

Reviewed 24 February 2012

I stayed here for two nights whilst visiting Dublin.
Firstly i made contact with the manager who was of great help before i had even arrived which was such a nice welcome and wow factor for me as a travaller.
From the airport you can catch the public bus to a stop near to the hotel for 2.70 euro. Bull McCabes is where you need to get off. From here the hotel is about a 10 minute walk (down hill) along the main road. (past the sweet smelling ferrero factory)
The hotel can be found on the roundabout next to a petrol/ service station, garden centre and cafe and eddie rockets restaurant.
On arrival the reception staff were helpful and we had a choice of ground or first floor room which was nice.
The room had all we needed and consisted of a double and single bed in the one room- with enough space for 3 people if needed.
There was tea/ coffee making facilties, tv, spare duvet/ pillow and towels/ soap in the bathroom. Which had a shower and bath option.
The room itself was fine for what we needed limited plug sockets though so be warned if you want access to many plugs :-)
The 'needs a touch up' coment would be regarding the bathroom as the sink was cracked but did not effect our stay.
Eddie rockets is the on site restaurant and opens 8am- 11pm with a range of breakfast and main meal options. We ate there for breakfast one day and it was definately a fun way to wake up. (vege options available)
There is also a screen showing arrivals and departures which is good for those using the airport, internet point and vending machine.
To get into town you can get a taxi or talk a ten minute walk up to the Grange bus stop stop on the 260 bus route - circular route into town and onto the south mall road- Tickets are 1.70 a single or you can get a day traveller ticker for 4.70 which works out well if you are going to use more than 2 buses in the day.
Although the hotel isnt in the most scenic of locations it suited us for what we wanted to do, if walking is an issue the best bet would to get taxis rather than buses as the stops are up/ down hills or make use of the car parking facility
The staff were very helpful and friendly which made the stay more pleasant for us.PS the customised (heart) travelodge mugs brought a smile to our faces.

Room Tip: very helpful staff, happy to help before arrival
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
JanisLazdans, Manager at Travelodge Cork Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your time to write this nicely detailed review about our hotel and the surroundings.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay in Cork, finding the customer service experience helpful and friendly. I will pass your comments onto all the members of staff, who I’m sure will appreciate them!

Due to all the detail, I’m sure a lot of travellers will find your review very helpful!

Reviewed 18 February 2012

we stayed here for my boyfriends graduation, got it for very cheap which I was pleased about its good value for money, not the best hotel in the world and very basic and plain but it was only somewhere to sleep, beds are very comfy rooms are clean enough we arrived at 10pm due to traveling from Belfast and the room was freezing as there was no heating on but once I turned the radiator on it was warm within a few hours bit of a pain but nothing to get to upset about, the staff where terrible, rude cheeky and lazy, the doors are locked about midnight and the staff are ment to buzz you in, took a member of staff about a minute to actually let me in after pressing the doorbell because he was too busy chatting to his friend, not very good when it's freezing outside you expect a decent service not rubbish staff, the manager seariously needs to do some sacking, that's the only bad side overall stay was pleasant and considering the price it was a bargain. also alot of people mentioned the smell of the hotel it does smell quite bad

• Stayed: February 2012

Dear Stacie,

Thank you for taking time to write your review about our hotel!

While I’m glad that in general you enjoyed your stay, your comments regarding staff and the smell are slightly worrying! Could you please contact me at the hotel directly with your stay details so I can check who was working that night?

The reason to lock the door during the night is for security reasons to ensure that only registered guests are entering the hotel as visiting hours are until 11pm. If the night receptionist was dealing with another guest at the time, that would explain why you had to wait a minute to be buzzed in.
Also – it is not the outside door that is being locked during the night rather than the inside door, which means you wouldn’t exactly be standing outside while waiting to be allowed in.

I would appreciate if you could contact me with the details of your stay!

janis.lazdans@travelodge.ie

Reviewed 15 February 2012

We stay in a lot of Travelodges all around England, this was our 1st in Ireland and was we dissapointed! The staff were RUDE and could not be bothered to help us! We put the cold tap on in the room and the water came out brown, my husband went to reception to tell them and the staff come in and looked and said "oh dear i'll call the council about it" didnt offer us another room and when we asked to be put in another room they said no! There was no heating in there at all so it was like an ice box, and in the middle of the night I could heqar people talking in the next room like they were in the sam room i was in as the walls are so thin! There was woodlice in the bathroom just walking about as it was so damp in the room! The staff were too rude and because we complained they asked us to leave. Think twice about staying here its a dive so so dirty and poor staffing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
JanisLazdans, Manager at Travelodge Cork Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2012

Dear Guest,

It is unfortunate that you did not enjoy your stay with us and that you had to write such an untrue review about the hotel.

As soon as your husband informed me about the discoloration of the water, I went to check other rooms to see if it was just your room or the whole hotel that was affected.
Upon checking several other rooms in different areas of the hotel it turned out it was the whole hotel. The discolored water was only coming out of the cold taps – hot water was clear, this meant that the problem was not within the hotel rather than the main supply.
This is when we rang the Cork County Council’s Water Services Department to find out why is this happening.
They responded to our call very promptly and a representative arrived at the hotel within 5-10 minutes.
It turned out that some company was using water supply from nearby fire hydrant – this caused the water pressure to rise significantly and in turn water to discolor. He assured me that there was no health hazards associated with this discoloration.
Access to the fire hydrant was unauthorized and the company using it will receive a fine.
Afterwards the water tank was emptied by flushing water in all vacant rooms and the water was clear again – this took no longer than 45 minutes.

All heaters in guest bedrooms are fully adjustable to suit each guest’s needs in regards to heat. If you didn’t know how to switch it on or adjust it, all you have to do is ask at the reception which is manned 24h a day.

In regards to your comments about rudeness of staff – I can assure you there was nothing of sorts happening as I was in the hotel myself on the day of your arrival, the next day and also on the morning of your departure. Staff was always polite and tried to inform your husband regarding the water situation as soon as they had more information.
As a matter of fact it was your husband who was rude towards our staff and me – he raised his voice on numerous occasions when I or my colleague tried to explain to him what was happening; he was also calling me names at one stage.
You requested room change because you didn’t want to drink the water in the room you were checked in. I explained (or should I say – tried to explain) to you and your husband that there was no point for you to change your room because the hotel has one main water supply and it would be exactly the same water you would be drinking in any other room (let me remind you – the representative from County Council confirmed that there was no health hazard associated with the discoloration of the water).
At no point any of the staff asked you and your husband to leave the hotel – it was your husband who wanted to get a refund and requested that I find him another hotel. I had no problems to do that but he then changed his mind.

We appreciate all feedback from our customers – both positive and negative – but reviews that are untrue are really unnecessary and very discouraging!

Regards,