1,834 results
All reviews mood lighting tom tobin leisure centre bar bistro douglas village kids club wedding reception lovely hotel reception area cork city function room reception staff family break great night top class family room last weekend
Reviewed 2 November 2015

Drove into car park at front of hotel. We were impressed by the look of hotel. However, we walked in through the revolving doors to be greeted by .......nothing and nobody ......ie. no reception!! We had to walk a fair distance and up a stairs to find the reception area. Receptionist very pleasant. We arrived to the room to find light switch for bathroom lights was faulty, light flicked on and off. Shower hose attachment was broken. Also the lighting in the room in general was extremely poor even though we put all the lamps and lights on (spotlights). I wouldn't normally be one to complain but I just feel for the price we paid for 2 night stay was a little too much for the experience we had. Sorry

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank deb898
Tom T, General Manager at Rochestown Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2015

Dear Guest,

I was very disappointed to read your feedback on your time with us. I apologize if your stay did not meet your needs and can assure you this is not the level of service we strive to provide. I have also shared all of your feedback with my team to make sure this does not occur again.

Reviewed 2 November 2015

We stayed here for several days while exploring Cork and the surrounding area. The rooms were very well kept and the staff was extremely helpful at all times. The breakfast served every day was wonderful. If we get the opportunity to travel to Cork again we will surely stay here again!

Date of stay: July 2015

Dear Guest,

I cannot tell you how delighted I was to read your kind words and share them with my team here at the Rochestown Park Hotel. It is positive comments like yours that let us now we are striving to be the best we can be for all of our guests.

I do hope you get the opportunity to come back to us soon.

Reviewed 28 October 2015

Visited here recently for a meal.Turkey and ham was the main choice.I must say that the portions were excellent with plenty of stuffing as well.This was followed by large plates of apple tart and fresh cream,and rounded off with teas or coffee.The meal was presented very quickly and was piping hot,but alas the veg was slow in arriving.It was a pity that some staff were not employed to serve the veg as the food was delivered.Overall a good meal.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback on your recent meal with us. Please be assured we take all feedback on board and I have relayed all of your comments to my Executive Chef particularly in relation to the veg. I am delighted to read however you enjoyed your meal and hope we can see you back very soon.

Reviewed 24 October 2015

Stayed in one of the suite rooms for a special occassion - it was just fantastic. From the heated floor in the ensuite, gorgeous shower, walk in dressing room, sitting room with large tv, and of course a wonderful bed with another large tv, I've been lucky enough to stay in a few 5 star hotels, and they were nothing to this room! The bar food that night was really good, especially considering the place seemed to be full. Excellent service all round. Couldn't fault the place (well, maybe could be a bit less expensive!). Would love to do it all again.

Room tip: If you can, go for a suite :-)

Dear Guest,

Thank you taking the time to share your positive review on your time with us on tripadvsisor. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and I hope to welcome you back very soon to us.

Reviewed 24 October 2015

Stayed here last weekend for one night, staff were very friendly and efficient. Had a nice room with a comfortable bed on the second floor. Breakfast was served from 7.00 to 10.00 and had a very good selection of fruit, cereal, meat, cheese, smoked salmon and a cooked breakfast. Would definitely stay here again, it would be great if breakfast was served later at the weekend especially after a late night as it is very hard to make the 10.00 deadline.

Dear Guest,

I was delighted to read and share your kind words with my team on your recent stay in the Rochestown Park Hotel. I look forward to your return and many more enjoyable stays with us come.