2,477 results
All reviews pembroke restaurant escape spa south mall michael collins car park vitality suite cork city old world charm english market central location the penthouse superior room afternoon tea fantastic location city break hotel bar checking out
Reviewed 14 July 2018

We had a very pleasant 3 day stay. The room and public areas are very nice. Everything is in perfect condition. The service was very good. The location is excellent. The breakfast buffet is very good.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
FrederikPotgieter, General Manager at Imperial Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2018

Dear Guest

Thank you for posting such a great review of your recent stay with us!

I am delighted you had such a positive experience and so very grateful for your personal recommendation, it means the absolute world to me and my team.

Thank you for choosing The Imperial, we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

Good sized room nicely decorated. Clean, comfortable and quiet. What more can you ask for? Everything on your doorstep with efficient and friendly service. Highly recommend if you are staying in Cork.

Dear Guest

It was a pleasure to have you with us, thank you for choosing The Imperial.

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and I am so appreciative that your recommended us so highly, it means the world to me and my team, thank you.

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay, we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 13 July 2018 via mobile

Staff here are always lovely and welcoming. It is a lovely place to grab a coffee, something light to eat to either sit outside or inside. If you love a nice scone, by far they have the best Scones in Cork. We always enjoy coming here. As seen in the picture below it's lovely to just come and even read a book with a coffee.

Dear Guest

Thank you for your continued support of The Imperial, your loyally and custom means the world to me and my team.

I am delighted you continue to enjoy your time in our hospitality and especially pleased that our service impressed again. If I can ever assist in future please do not hesitate to contact me on fpotgieter@imperialhotelcork.ie.

I look forward to welcoming you back again and hope to meet you when you return.

Reviewed 13 July 2018 via mobile

We stayed one night, in a deluxe room. We arrived early and we were able to have our bags stored. Check in was really quick, and the lady on (Geraldine if I recall correctly) was friendly and chatty and made us feel quite welcome to the hotel.

Our room (265 for reference) was really nice. Spacious for two people, with a nice bed and bathroom and AC by way of the deluxe rate. It should be noted that this particular room is not suited for someone with limited mobility. It’s at the very end of the particular wing of the hotel after a long walk and the bath/shower was a little awkward to get in to.

The particular room had windows out onto an alley way behind the hotel, so that did get a little noisy - but the hotel can’t control that so I will not deduct a star!! Just for reference.

The hotel is gorgeous! It’s old, retains its charm and is really wonderful to go around. It’s a bit of a maze at first but once you find your own room it’s fine.

The location is hard to beat. Right in the city centre, with the bar area right on the doorstep. Excellent!

We had a beer at the bar, which was nice. We were able to sit out on the South Mall and play cards. The bar man was polite and friendly.

We also had coffee at the cafe. I would suggest the service was a tad slow, but it did seem to be coming towards the end of their hours there (we were there at roughly 4.20pm) so maybe that’s why. (I noticed one lady got fed up waiting and left). There seemed to be only one guy looking after orders and making drinks. A colleague did show after a while, so again maybe something could explain why the service was a touch slower.

Overall, a lovely stay.

Dear Guest

Thank you for writing a “great” review, it was a pleasure to have you with us!

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your overall stay and simply thrilled that you thought our Hotel was “gorgeous”. It is disappointing that the service was slower than it should have been in Lafayette’s, I fully take your feedback on board here and can assure you that we will address this with the appropriate sense of urgency, please accept my personal apology.

Thank you for choosing The Imperial, we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 13 July 2018 via mobile

Let me say from the outset, this is a very good hotel, in a great location, with some history to it and where first impressions suggest a degree of grandness.
There is no car park at the hotel, but parking can be arranged if required, for a fee. The hotel is close walking to everything; shops, bars, restaurants, popular sites.
The staff at the hotel are all very friendly & helpful with the hotel, during our two night stay, being extremely busy. This made it difficult finding a seat in the bar to have a drink; it was very noisy and the service not so good. It looked as though a lot of walk ins from the street were also availing of the bar when we visited. Next evening we found a good pub close by that also had some genuine Irish music.
Our room which was found by way of the lift, down a corridor and up some stairs, was quite small, but comfortable enough and nicely furnished, having all the requirements of a first class hotel, including free WiFi. No air conditioning, but it was cool enough to sleep OK, after removing the duvet from its covers, otherwise it would have been far too hot (this was more or less the same throughout Ireland, which was experiencing a prolonged hot spell). We did notice a bit of street noise in the early morning, but fortunately, it didn't last for long.
The hotel has a very nice restaurant, where we had dinner on our first night. The menu was good, as was the food. The breakfast buffet was excellent.
Overall we enjoyed our stay at the Imperial and would recommend it as a good place to stay when visiting Cork city.

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and others, it was a pleasure to have you with us at The Imperial.

I am pleased you enjoyed your overall stay and very grateful for your personal recommendation. Word of mouth will always remain the most powerful form of referral and your support is immensely important for me and my team here, thank you.

I look forward to welcoming you back and hope to meet you in person when you return.