Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
Fota Island Resort(Fota Island)
  • Restaurant
1,333 results
All reviewsa business class roomretail parkan industrial estatenice hotelbar foodinterconnecting roomsfota wildlife parkleisure centrebuffet breakfastsauna and steam roomfunction roomkids clubtrain stationduty managerfrom start to finishwedding receptionhotel bar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 May 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights, good points, Check in was friendly and quick, Rooms clean and warm,
Pool is brillant, The Restaurant/Bar Menu was average, it had the same stuff on it day after
day, I was looking for something like Beef.Pork,Turkey with mash , mixed veg, the never had
this, I decided to eat out in Cork and surrounding areas, because of this, the pool is brillant, the
steam room is small and there were empty paper cups in the steam room, I would stay in this
hotel for the rooms and pool but not for the food, the breakfast was good, but I would eat out for
Lunch and Dinner.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Amy Q, Sales & Marketing Co-ordinator at Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2012

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to review the Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork recently on Tripadvisor.

I am delighted that you found check in friendly and quick, our rooms clean and warm and our pool brilliant.

I am disappointed to read you found our restaurant and bar menu average. For our buffet lunch in our Island Grillroom Restaurant we change the menu daily and our main course offers 2 meat selections, one fish and one vegetarian selection. We also have plentiful options on both our Banks Bar Menu and there is a choice of 2 menu's for evening meals in the Island Grillroom Restaurant, both our A la carte menu and also our table d'hote menu.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork again in the near future.

Reviewed 19 May 2012

We have stayed at this hotel 3 times in recent months, each time being in the Business Class rooms incl of breakfast. The rooms are extremely clean, nice & modern with plenty of working space. I really like the blue/green color combination in the rooms. Parking is great with loads of spaces even on the weekends. The only slight issue is with the scrambled eggs at breakfast. Not fully sure what the chef is up to with those, otherwise the buffet breakfast is great. We have to give special mention to Ursual at the front desk, who has always recognized us & made us feel welcomed.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your recent 5 star review of the Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork on Tripadvisor.

I am delighted that you find our rooms spacious, clean & modern and our parking convenient for your needs. I am not sure what you mean about the scrambeled eggs, perhaps you can speak with us about this issue on your next stay, but I am delighted you enjoy our Super Buffet Breakfast.

I will pass your kind words onto Urzula from our reception team. I would also suggest on your next visit that you make use of the complimentary facilities of our hydrotherapy treatment pool.

Many thanks for taking the time to review the Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 11 May 2012

I stayed over for two nights mid week as I was working at a clients in Little Island. Great location for quick access to the Industrial estate. All the staff I encountered were very friendly and helpful. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. I had evening food in the bar which was good, breakfast was buffet style and there was a very good choice. The breakfast started at 7am, which I found useful as I had to be at work early. Free WiFi in the room which had a good connection even on VPN. The rate was €89 inc Breakfast. I had a query over the bill after I'd checked out. I contacted the hotel and they rectified it straight away and were very apologetic.

The only negative was that any noise made from adjacent rooms could be heard very clearly. The walls must be very thin and you can't expect people to creep around, but when next door came in at 2 in the morning it was like they were in the room with me.

That said I would definitely stay again if I have to work at Little Island.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Amy Q, Sales & Marketing Co-ordinator at Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2012

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your recent review of the Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted that you found our location convenient, our staff very friendly & helpful and our rooms very clean and comfortable. I would suggest next time that you stay to make use of the complimentary facilities of our Retreat Fitness Centre and our hydrotherapy pool.

I am glad that you found there was a good choice of food in our Banks bar and at breakfast time. I would like to apologise that your sleep was disturbed by the room adjoining you.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork again in the near future.

Reviewed 11 May 2012

We stayed here for two nights and it was at first a little difficult to find but just head to the airport in Cork. Plain simple bedrooms but very clean and well prepared. Still have box TVs with a limited selection of channels.
WE ate in the bar and had really good food and the breakfast was also more than adequate.
But it is the staff that make this hotel so good; they are freindly, helpful and cannot do enough for you, nothing is too much trouble.
For an airport hotel this is one of the best we have stayed in.

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your review, however I think you recently stayed at the Radisson Blu, Cork Airport. I am glad you had such a positive experience at our sister hotel. They are also on TripAdvisor if you would like to share your positive experience on their profile I am sure they would be delighted with your fantastic review.

Amy Quilter.

Reviewed 10 May 2012

As locals came here for my husband's lunch break on May 10th 2012. At first I wondered why the place was so quiet, given the amount of industrial estates, and several other businesses are in the immediate vicinity... I left knowing exactly why.
We ordered at 1:05pm, a BLT and a 'homemade' burger.. Not exactly rocket science. We asked for drinks, tea and a diet coke. We then sat for 25 mins before anyone came near us. We were told by a waiter ( not the one we ordered off ) that our meals were on the way and 10 mins later they finally arrived. It was now 1:35pm. We only told then that the burger took a lot of time to prepare and cook. Please note that as an avid home cook, I could have make and cooked it thoroughly in less than15 mins! We asked about out drinks and were served by a waitress who admitted she had sent out drikns to another table... still no sign of our original waiter who was faffing around trying to look busy in the empty restaurant.
The 15.95 'homemade' burger was obviously frozen and ab out as homemade as the plate it was served on, it was grey on the inside and as appetising as a similarly sized piece of cardboard. the 12.95 BLT was literally thrown together. The toast was soggy, there was one miserable lettuce leaf and one thinly sliced under ripe piece of tomato. The bacon ( advertised on the menu as smoked, wasn't) was half raw. It was impossible to bite through the thick globules of fat, let alone chew them! I took two bites of it and let it be. Again not one of the waiting staff came near us to ask if our meal was ok.
When we tried to pay the credit card machine wasn't working, admittedly not the hote's fault but it added to the frustration and my husband being a typical Irish man refused to complain. He was also rushing back to work which didn't help either. After several minutes of answering the phone, the receptionist FINALLY accepted our payment.
Over all, a sham of a restaurant and a sad excuse for service. I hope that that this reaches the hotel manager and they do something about it. East Cork is a small place and word of mouth is as valuable as any expensive advertising!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Joanne871
Amy Q, Sales & Marketing Co-ordinator at Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2012

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking time to write your review on Tripadvisor. I must say I am very disappointed to read your recent review. I would like to reassure you that I have investigated the matter & I would like to apologise for the experience that you had on your last visit and would like to assure you that this is not normal service.

I would like to apologise for the delay in delivery of your beverages, this was a mix up. Our burgers as with all our bar food is cooked to order, hence the delay in the food. We do take complaints very seriously and welcome constructive criticism, which can only help us improve. I would like to offer you a voucher for lunch for 2 so you can come back and experience our usual high level of services. If you would like to discuss this matter further you can contact me on my direct line, 021 4297050. I look forward to speaking with you.