“Convenient and comfortable”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Cork, Ireland
“Convenient and comfortable”
Reviewed 22 May 2012

I spent a night here before attending a conference and was very happy with my stay. Staff pleasant and helpful, comfortable room, breakfast fine. The leisure centre is a plus, with sauna, steam room, jacuzzi and gym. The pool is certainly nicer than in many local hotels. A lot of Radisson hotels I find a bit characterless, but this seems to be one of the better ones, and I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Amy Q, Sales & Marketing Co-ordinator at Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork, responded to this review, 24 May 2012
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your recent review of the Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork on Tripadvisor.

I am delighted you found the hotel convenient and comfortable when you were attending a conference and that you found our staff to be pleasant and helpful.

It is great that you made use of the complimentary facilities of our Retreat Fitness Centre and our hydrotherapy treatment pool.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork again in the near future.

Amy Quilter
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
  • Polish first
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 21 May 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights, good points, Check in was friendly and quick, Rooms clean and warm,
Pool is brillant, The Restaurant/Bar Menu was average, it had the same stuff on it day after
day, I was looking for something like Beef.Pork,Turkey with mash , mixed veg, the never had
this, I decided to eat out in Cork and surrounding areas, because of this, the pool is brillant, the
steam room is small and there were empty paper cups in the steam room, I would stay in this
hotel for the rooms and pool but not for the food, the breakfast was good, but I would eat out for
Lunch and Dinner.

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to review the Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork recently on Tripadvisor.

I am delighted that you found check in friendly and quick, our rooms clean and warm and our pool brilliant.

I am disappointed to read you found our restaurant and bar menu average. For our buffet lunch in our Island Grillroom Restaurant we change the menu daily and our main course offers 2 meat selections, one fish and one vegetarian selection. We also have plentiful options on both our Banks Bar Menu and there is a choice of 2 menu's for evening meals in the Island Grillroom Restaurant, both our A la carte menu and also our table d'hote menu.

Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 19 May 2012

We have stayed at this hotel 3 times in recent months, each time being in the Business Class rooms incl of breakfast. The rooms are extremely clean, nice & modern with plenty of working space. I really like the blue/green color combination in the rooms. Parking is great with loads of spaces even on the weekends. The only slight issue is with the scrambled eggs at breakfast. Not fully sure what the chef is up to with those, otherwise the buffet breakfast is great. We have to give special mention to Ursual at the front desk, who has always recognized us & made us feel welcomed.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your recent 5 star review of the Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork on Tripadvisor.

I am delighted that you find our rooms spacious, clean & modern and our parking convenient for your needs. I am not sure what you mean about the scrambeled eggs, perhaps you can speak with us about this issue on your next stay, but I am delighted you enjoy our Super Buffet Breakfast.

I will pass your kind words onto Urzula from our reception team. I would also suggest on your next visit that you make use of the complimentary facilities of our hydrotherapy treatment pool.

Many thanks for taking the time to review the Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Dublin
Reviewed 11 May 2012

I stayed over for two nights mid week as I was working at a clients in Little Island. Great location for quick access to the Industrial estate. All the staff I encountered were very friendly and helpful. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. I had evening food in the bar which was good, breakfast was buffet style and there was a very good choice. The breakfast started at 7am, which I found useful as I had to be at work early. Free WiFi in the room which had a good connection even on VPN. The rate was €89 inc Breakfast. I had a query over the bill after I'd checked out. I contacted the hotel and they rectified it straight away and were very apologetic.

The only negative was that any noise made from adjacent rooms could be heard very clearly. The walls must be very thin and you can't expect people to creep around, but when next door came in at 2 in the morning it was like they were in the room with me.

That said I would definitely stay again if I have to work at Little Island.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Amy Q, Sales & Marketing Co-ordinator at Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork, responded to this review, 14 May 2012
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your recent review of the Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted that you found our location convenient, our staff very friendly & helpful and our rooms very clean and comfortable. I would suggest next time that you stay to make use of the complimentary facilities of our Retreat Fitness Centre and our hydrotherapy pool.

I am glad that you found there was a good choice of food in our Banks bar and at breakfast time. I would like to apologise that your sleep was disturbed by the room adjoining you.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork again in the near future.

Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 May 2012

We stayed here for two nights and it was at first a little difficult to find but just head to the airport in Cork. Plain simple bedrooms but very clean and well prepared. Still have box TVs with a limited selection of channels.
WE ate in the bar and had really good food and the breakfast was also more than adequate.
But it is the staff that make this hotel so good; they are freindly, helpful and cannot do enough for you, nothing is too much trouble.
For an airport hotel this is one of the best we have stayed in.

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your review, however I think you recently stayed at the Radisson Blu, Cork Airport. I am glad you had such a positive experience at our sister hotel. They are also on TripAdvisor if you would like to share your positive experience on their profile I am sure they would be delighted with your fantastic review.

Amy Quilter.