“Christmas Get Together”

Cuisines: Barbecue, Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 January 2017

Six of us went for our annual get together. We arrived at 6pm and there wasn't much of an atmosphere. We opted for the Early Bird Menu which had a good choice of very tasty food. 3 courses for €25. Nice choice of wine. A couple of us had a glass of wine instead of desert. Pleasant staff. Enjoyable evening.

Reviewed 20 December 2016

Funky restaurant with lots of reclaimed furniture etc.
There was a limited Christmas menu, but it was good. Delicious risotto.
A bit of a mix up with the bill, but we got it sorted out fast enough.
One thing annoyed me, and that was they cleared plates away while some at the table were still eating. All in all though a pleasant evening.

Reviewed 18 December 2016

This restaurant was one of our favourite restaurant in Cork and we used to go for the amazing burgers and the lovely staff! They were so nice and accommodating. After a long time without going (10 months) we decided to go back as a Christmas treat and we were so looking forward to the burgers! We were so disappointed to know that the owner changed, the staff too and the food as well. There wasn't a lot of choice on the menu, no burgers, the staff was nice but not as nice as the previous staff (I meant it would be nice to see the waitress smile a bit and make you feel welcome, which didn't happen when we were there), the food was extremely disappointing and the overall experience was not enjoyable. It was very expensive for the quality of the food and we really fell upset having spent a lot of money and not being satisfied about the experience. That's such a shame that the standards had incredibly dropped in this restaurant, we will never be back.

1  Thank saas12
Reviewed 13 December 2016

We attended this restaurant for our work Christmas party. The food was delicious and the staff could not have been more than helpful which led to a great Christmas ambiance and festive cheer. We would highly recommend a visit!

1  Thank elf833
Reviewed 9 December 2016

I visited Currans in September 2016 and December 2016. On both occasions I found the restaurant to be very cold.

Most recently (December 2016) I ordered "roast chicken supreme packed with sage and union stuffing, served with jack McCarthy's black pudding, creamy mash, honey roast baby carrots & parsnips, wild mushroom & bacon sauce".

Chicken was only ok, stuffing was barely existent on the plate. I did not receive any black pudding. Potatoes were very tasty but too cold. Veg was a mix of turnip with one piece of parsnip and some carrot. Significantly different to the menu! The sauce was the same as the "gravy" served to another member of my party.

While I was extremely disappointed with my main course I can't fault my chicken wing starter or the chocolate brownie desert both of which were delicious.

1  Thank Boston33_Boston33