“Improvement needed”

Cuisines: Barbecue, Cafe
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 9 December 2016

I visited Currans in September 2016 and December 2016. On both occasions I found the restaurant to be very cold.

Most recently (December 2016) I ordered "roast chicken supreme packed with sage and union stuffing, served with jack McCarthy's black pudding, creamy mash, honey roast baby carrots & parsnips, wild mushroom & bacon sauce".

Chicken was only ok, stuffing was barely existent on the plate. I did not receive any black pudding. Potatoes were very tasty but too cold. Veg was a mix of turnip with one piece of parsnip and some carrot. Significantly different to the menu! The sauce was the same as the "gravy" served to another member of my party.

While I was extremely disappointed with my main course I can't fault my chicken wing starter or the chocolate brownie desert both of which were delicious.

1  Thank Boston33_Boston33

Reviewed 12 October 2016 via mobile

Came in here for lunch - had two mains and two desserts for €35. I had a pulled pork burger / praline cheesecake while my mum had seabass / berry crumble.
Not Michelin food but solid cooking.
Very friendly relaxed service in a nice setting.
This restaurant is located just off the medieval core of the city - North Main Street.

Reviewed 19 September 2016 via mobile

Went in here for a cooked breakfast and what I got was rubbish. The toast was actually hot bread and then cold beans, cold sausages and cold pudding. But above all a sour owner with a bad attitude. Would not recommend this restaurant. And just on a side note there was only 6 people in thr restaurant at the time, says it all really.

1  Thank LanzaF
Reviewed 11 September 2016

First went to Currans with a Groupon voucher a couple of years ago but have went back a few times for the Early Bird Menu, The food here is A1 the staff are great craic and very friendly only thing I can fault about Currans is they dont open on Sundays anymore

Reviewed 8 September 2016

Found this gem of a bar/restaurant by accident. Really tastefully decorated,great food at reasonable prices, nice staff and a friendly owner....... What more could I ask for !!