See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 5 October 2015 via mobile

I stayed for 2 nights and I used it as my base while in Cork city. It's located in the Patrick's hill area/Mc Curtain street. It is about 10 minutes walk from the B&B to the centre of the city and a lovely walk it is.
The B&B does what it says on the tin,clean rooms,good breakfast,nothing bad at all about Ardara in fact would reccomend it as a stopping off point for any visitors. Margaret was in charge when I visited and a nicer more helpful person you couldnt meet. Well done and for sure next time Im in Cork I know where to stay.

KW

Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 September 2014

I stayed in Ardara House for one night. I was travelling on my own, so I had a double room enuite to myself for only 35 Euro. It was very clean, cosy and Mary was so sweet. She was helpful, the breaktfast was really good and I just felt so comfortable. It's very close to the centre, only 10 Minutes walking distance. Close to train and bus station as well (5 Min.)

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Johanna S
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

The room could do with a good cleaning could not watch tv as it was on top of the wardrobe which was at side of the bed only one towel it was a Very depression room dul and dreary would not recommend this b&b to anyone

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank ellenbarry49
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Whilst the room hadn't changed, still the old yet still mainly, comfortable mattress the sheets were clean. Although the shower looked clean I think it had only been given a cursory clean as the last guest's shampoo was still in there in the same place as they left it. (shampoo on the ledge but the cap on the floor of the shower). The tea cups looked like they'd only been given a rinse too rather than a wash. The guy greeting us was friendly and so was Alan although we were very disappointed having gotten up early the next morning to learn that the breakfast that we had requested was off due to no delivery. That is simply not acceptable from a B & B in today's market.

This was compounded 10 minutes later with a knock at the door. Alan was there to let us know that he was going to the shops to get supplies and could we sort him out with the money. He then informed us that the car machine that was all lit up downstairs wasn't working. We stayed here last year and an older woman looked after us incredibly well which is why we booked again this year but we won't be back. Also I'm not sure if the 40% price increase in a 12 month period was due to the Irish Open being on that weekend but I have my suspicions that it played a part.. We will look elsewhere next time we are back in Cork.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

I was down in Cork for work over two days and Decided to book into this B&B to save me traveling from Limerick again the following day! With the price being so low I really didn't know what to expect but what I found was just perfect for what I wanted. The room was warm, clean, and comfortable. My mattress was the nicest I've ever had in a B&B,it felt like I was sleeping on a cloud!! I was in room 4 looking out at the River,I would highly recommend Ardara B&B
My breakfast was lovely,I had beautiful scrambled egg with toast and tea! I had everything I needed it was perfect!

• Stayed: April 2014