“Perfect location, perfect service, perfect hotel.”

Blarney Castle Hotel
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Blarney
“Perfect location, perfect service, perfect hotel.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2012

From the moment my family and I entered this wonderful hotel we were greeted as if we were family. The staff treated my 4 year old daughter like royalty. We were assisted with everything from parking out car to carrying our luggage. The staff are amazing and the hotel is a 1 minute walk to Blarney Castle. The resteraunt is not cheap, but serves great food, well worth the price. The hotel does have an attached bar with a band that plays well into the night, my family did not mind the noise purely do the rest of the package. I definitely recommend this hotel for anyone looking to visit Blarney Castle

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank Ajbartlett
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Dublin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2012

I have stayed at the Blarney Castle hotel on & off for the last six years on business. Although I did have a choice of where I could stay, I was always drawn back to "The Castle", I always found the staff most helpful and they always looked after me well. The food is excellent in both bar and restaurant and breakfast is really good too !. The bar is a meeting point for the locals, who will always strike up a conversation with you and the musicians really do a good job of keeping our visitors from overseas well entertained. The rooms are comfortable and warm even in the depths of winter, as I can vouch for that. My area has changed now and I will not get the chance to go to Blarney for the foreseeable future but I will make it my business to return on a weekend trip within the next 12 months............. Thanks Lads !!

Room Tip: Rooms with a view of the village green are good but if you cannot get one when booking dont worry as...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Johnnydub22
blarneycastlehotel, Manager at Blarney Castle Hotel, responded to this review, 12 April 2012
Dear Guest, Thank you so much for writing a review of Blarney Castle Hotel. We are always delighted to get feedback from our guests and are always trying for new ways of improving our standards in the hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed the company of the locals here and the food. With kind regards Una Forrest
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2012

I stayed at this hotel (in the shadow of Blarney Castle) for 3 days using Blarney as a base for side trips. For this type of hotel (small family run) the rooms were quite large. The food was good and the bar was fun. They had good local musicians. The staff catered to our every whim. When I found myself in need of a doctor, the owner, Ian called for me and got me right in. The GM, Una drove me to the office. Someone later called my room to see if I was okay and could they bring me some soup or turn up the heat. Later on during our trip, after leaving Blarney, one of my travel mates referred to the hotel as, "Ian's place." This sums up just how "at home" they make you feel.

Room Tip: Choose a room facing the green.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank breakpar72
blarneycastlehotel, Manager at Blarney Castle Hotel, responded to this review, 6 April 2012
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us here in Blarney Castle Hotel. We are only too delighted to help out our guests in any way we can to make their stay as comfortable as possible while they are home from home. I am delighted that you enjoyed our guest rooms together with the good food, company and irish music. With kind regards Una Forrest Manager
Newport Beach, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2012

The only good thing about this place were the people who work there, the front desk was lovely. Everything else was terrible. The hotel is located over a very popular pub that spills out onto the street. Unless you want to smell smoke and listen to drunks until 1am, I don't suggest you stay here. The restaurant is expensive and was empty. The room were large but very run down.
What really upset me is that there was a fantastic looking hotel right behind this one, called the
Blarney wollen mills hotel.

Room Tip: Chose another hotel!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank christhepickyeater
blarneycastlehotel, Manager at Blarney Castle Hotel, responded to this review, 30 March 2012
Dear Guest, I thank you for your recent review on Tripadvisor. I thank you for your contribution about the hotel note your contributions.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2012

My wife and I have stayed in many hotels both business and pleasure on our travels and quite simply this is our favourite of them all, we can't remember how many times we have been - we love it so much we even had our wedding here even though we live in the UK !
As soon as you step through the front door into the quaint hotel reception and your bags are carried to your room you know you've arrived in a different place , one where all stresses dissappear, you know for the duration of your stay you will be treated to wonderful experience. Ian and Una are excellent hosts, nothing is to much trouble, their staff are charming, hard working, very helpful and above all genuine.
The hotel is sited on the village green nestled at the foot of Blarney castle, rooms are large clean and spacious with en suite and many overlook the green. The hotel has a traditional bar where you can sit and mingle with the locals, as first and foremost, it is a real Irish bar serving the community and toursists alike you will certainly make some friends. Live traditional folk music is oftened played but if its not, Shamus is always happy to sing Danny Boy !
As far as food goes it is excellent whether you decide to eat in the restaurant or have a bar snack. The menu is changed regularly and uses local Irish producers and is of a very high standard. The breakfasts are fantastic whether its porridge, full Irish, gypsy toast, smoked fish, or, if you aren't hungry fresh home baked daily scones or soda bread will suffice.
We have recommended this hotel to many of our friends and familiy all of whom loved it, and many have also gone on to be regulars like ourselves.
We were last with Ian and Una just a few weeks ago but will be going again later in the year.
Until then Ian and Una thanks again and we will see you soon.

Nav and Julie

Room Tip: Ask for the 2nd floor overlooking the village green.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank j j
blarneycastlehotel, Manager at Blarney Castle Hotel, responded to this review, 17 March 2012
Dear Guests, Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review of Blarney Castle Hotel. We are delighted that you both enjoyed the hospitality of Blarney Castle Hotel and that you come back to Blarney for a stressfree holiday every so often. We look forward to seeing you both again soon. With kind regards Una Forrest
Also consider these accommodations in or near Blarney
Centre
Douglas
Maryborough Hotel & Spa
Lancaster Lodge
#8 of 23 in Cork

Been to Blarney Castle Hotel? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK