“excellent place to stay”

Blarney Castle Hotel
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Blarney
Reviewed 29 February 2012

booked this hotel through internet, I would highly recommend this hotel, excellent staff, our bags were carried to our room from our car, friendly greeting and very cheery staff, special mention for Connie who works between reception and the bar, couldn't do enough for you.Large bedroom with a very comfortable bed. excellent choice for breakfast in the mornings served by a very pleasant young waitress from Finland ( forgot to ask her name).
All in all a great stay in Blarney made even better by the hotel and staff.

Room Tip: all rooms seem to of equal quality
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JimMajor
blarneycastlehotel, Manager at Blarney Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2012

Dear Guest, Many thanks for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us here in Blarney Castle Hotel and value all of our guest opinions of their stay. We hope to see you again.

With kind regards Una Forrest.,Manager

Reviewed 10 February 2012

I have just returned from working at Blarney Castle and during my visit stayed at the Blarney Castle Hotel.

I must say that the hotel is very friendly and clean and the food was excellent it really was. The room was massive as was the bed and very comfortable.

However one thing to watch….. on check in the lady asked for my card (credit card or debit card) which I gave to her. As with most hotels now a day you expect to have your card authorised when the room has been paid up front to ensure you don’t leave without paying room charges etc. She proceeded to take off a penny. Now I can totally appreciate it’s only a penny but the penny was not holding in the account for authorisation as you would expect, she in fact took the penny. Naturally I queried the transaction immediately. She told me that “all hotels do this and it’s only a penny”. I totally appreciate it’s only a penny but as you will know if you run a transaction through from another country the bank may or may not charge you for that transaction depending on your account. All she could say was that ‘it’s only a penny and all hotels over the world do this’.

I’m sorry but I was not happy with this and explained that I would be settling my outstanding account when I left with cash. I explained that other guest’s regardless of the amount may or may not get a charge from their bank if you remove cash and naturally wanted that penny to be put back on my card. She seemed totally taken back by the request stating her original argument ‘that it was only a penny and all hotels do this’ but she did agree to speak with the hotel manager and would let me know the outcome. She found me within 20 minutes and said the manager had agreed to refund the penny back to my card.

My colleague took note and said he wouldn’t have even noticed what had happened had I not pointed it out. I have not checked to see if the penny has been returned or not but thought I should make other travellers aware. I must also point out that at no point was the staff member rude she was in fact totally lovely as were all the staff.

Would I stay again absolutely!!!

Room Tip: I was in room 28 and my colleague in 29 bothe were huge and clean,
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Bekki P
blarneycastlehotel, Manager at Blarney Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2012

Dear Guest, Many thanks for choosing to stay at Blarney Castle Hotel while in Blarney. I am delighted that you enjoyed your guest room and the good food we served. Upon check-in we usually swipe a guest credit card through for 1 cent to confirm card details etc. are valid and correct which is our policy here and also in others hotels. This is informed to the guests at that point and whatever balance is due is paid at point of check-out. Once again thank you for taking the time to make a review on Blarney Castle Hotel and we look forward to you staying with us again in the future. With kind regards Una Forrest

Reviewed 9 January 2012

A lovely experience, excellent food and exceptional service. The bedroom was largest I have ever slept in and the bar one of the liveliest. One negative - keep a copy of your booking, mine was taken when I checked in and I was over charged when I checked out, only by a few euro's which I would have spent at the bar.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
blarneycastlehotel, Manager at Blarney Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2012

Dear Guest, Many thanks for taking the time to write a response on Tripadvisor. We were delighted to have you stay with us over the Christmas period and they you both enjoyed your stay and the food in the Blarney Castle Hotel. With kind regards Una Forrest, Manager

Reviewed 8 January 2012

Our recent stay at this hotel was like a dream come true. I felt like we were home! The entire staff was most welcoming and most attentive. I had waited for this trip and it was more than I expected. The room was wonderful, the food awesome!
Everyone there treated us like we were a part of the family. I know we will be there again!
Thank you to the staff for making a dream a reality.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank jean n
blarneycastlehotel, Manager at Blarney Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2012

Dear Guest, Many thanks for taking the time to write a review of Blarney Castle Hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your holiday with us and that our staff looked after your every need. With kind regards Una Forrest, Manager

Reviewed 19 December 2011

The hotel bar and restaurant was exceptionally busy when we arrived. The room was very spacious and we didn't hear any noise from the bar. The staff are young, exceptionally pleasant and hard working. The breakfast menu was one of the most varied i have come across and cooked fresh, it was very good, The hotel is in a great location in the center of the village. The only reason I haven't given this hotel an excellent rating is the room was very cold when we arrived but it soon heated up.

Room Tip: Room 28 is the largest and overlooks the village green
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
blarneycastlehotel, Manager at Blarney Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2011

Dear Guest, Many thanks for your review on Tripadvisor and delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us here in Blarney Castle Hotel. We have excellent staff here who are always helpful with every guest in every way. The breakfast's which are served here are of a very high standard and are freshly cooked to order for every guest. Thank you once again for your review. Regards Una Forrest, Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Blarney
Centre
The River Lee
The River Lee
#2 of 23 in Cork
Montenotte
The Montenotte Hotel

Been to Blarney Castle Hotel? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK