Rob Roy Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
The Lake of Menteith Hotel(Port of Menteith)
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
Roman Camp Hotel(Callander)
Craigburn House(Stirling)
View Hotel
All reviewsdinner dancetribute nightbuffet breakfastcovered walkwaycourse mealstar hotelself serviceparty nightharry shawcoach tripmain buildingflat screen tvpublic areasnice walkgreat nightcoach partyrooms are basic
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 May 2016

Visited this hotel with friends for a 50th celebration. We enjoyed every minute. Our rooms were all on the one floor which was great for popping in and out. The rooms are basic but spotless. The entertainment was an 80's night which was great. Dinner was really nice as was breakfast. Staff were very pleasant and helpful. Price of drinks was unbeatable. Overall excellent value for money at £55 each. Would definitely return.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 May 2016 via mobile

Popped in today while my son, 2 granddaughters and I were out for a drive. We were not disappointed. Tasty, delicious, well presented food. Fantastic portion sizes/value for money. Friendly, helpful staff. Spotlessly clean bar area/toilets. Ticks all the right boxes for me. Looking forward to our next visit!!

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 May 2016

I stayed in the rob roy for a few days in May the property was clean and quiet and neat. easy to find my way around , the problem was the staff, not the lower levels, the management ! I was shocked to find one morning when I asked for milk to put in my tea as I missed breakfast time, the Man (don know his name) looked annoyed I had interrupted his conversation with the other manager , he gave me such a look, i felt embarrassed and uncomfortable around the staff from that day on feeling like an unwanted guest ? I dont get why people run hotels and dont have any interest in being hospitable ? never going back there !

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Tara G
Jan A, Manager at Rob Roy Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2016

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. We are very proud of the excellent service reviews that we normally receive, and I am also shocked that we clearly did not get close to our normal standards of hospitality in your case. If you get a chance, i would very much appreciate it if you could contact me personally so I can investigate further, and I would love to invite you back so that that we can show you some real Rob Roy hospitality.

Rosina Downey, Manager

Reviewed 5 May 2016

We were a walking group of 28 people, staying for 2 nights. Great value for the price we paid. Meals were good with a choice for the three course evening meal. Breakfast was what you would expect for a full Scottish.
All our rooms were adequate with all facilities including tea and coffee tray.
Staff were pleasant and welcoming.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Carol G
Reviewed 27 April 2016

I was not sure what to expect as this Hotel is rated 2 star. What a pleasant surprise. On arrival you are greeted by a very friendly and helpful member of staff. The room was clean and tidy and spacious. The bar area is bright and large and the staff friendly and helpful. Our meal was excellent prompt and tasty and a fine selection of Malts for a night cap. Breakfast was brilliant cereal, juices, hot buffet, no complaints in this department.

I am baffled at the 2 star rating I can only presume the reason is the Hotel looks tired in some areas but should be at least 3 star. A 2 star hotel with 4 star staff. I would use again in a heart beat.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends