“Not up to usual standard”
Review of Pir Mahal - CLOSED

Pir Mahal
Price range: US$ 32 - US$ 78
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Serving Hamilton with freshly prepared curries. We take pride in our food only using the best of ingredients. Halal Gluten Free Kids Eat Free Every Sunday
Reviewed 13 November 2017 via mobile

Usually our go to for a great curry takeaway in Hamilton.

Not up to usual standard at all this time. Both curries lacked flavour and spice and very watery. Sauce had split as water gathered in bottom of bowl.

Will be seeking a new go to takeaway now as consistency is a must in a market with such high competition.

Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

I use the Pir mahal at weekends .last weekend my wife and I got a takeaway,although the food was ok the portion sizes have now become very small .you get a two for one deal but I am now wondering if it is a good deal !!!!
Still hungry after a starter and a main with rice and bread .
Please take note Pir mahal !!!!!

Reviewed 8 November 2017 via mobile

Hadn't been in long time will return soon as it was great each course delivered fresh and tasty piping hot with personal touch from chef

Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

This in probably the longest running family indian restaurant in Hamilton. For many many years I have frequented this Indian Resaurant with friends and family. We also always bring friends and family when they visit us us from abroad and it has only ever dissapointed us once in all these years, which was the last time we were there. The mixed panora mix I would say had been a reheat, he whole lot was so rubbery and chewy it was inedible. Not good guys. You will have to speak to your chef about this. I did say at the time, but they just took it away, no explanation, nothing. Not even an apology. Again, not good guys.

Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

Was in here for a curry last week. Couple of mixed platters to start, poppadoms with spiced onions, you name it, all the usual starters, all fantastic. Mains were all gorgeous too. I went for a Chicken Tikka Madras, cooked to perfection, absolute perfection.

We sank a few pints of that delicious Cobra beer, one of the lads had a Budweiser (in his own words a "good, honest beer") and then asked for a non alcoholic beer after that as he was driving. The request for a non alcoholic beer utterly befuddled the staff and caused great confusion. All be wanted was a daft wee Tennent's LA or similar but they didn't have any. But hey, no biggie! He had a water instead. In my opinion he should have left the soddin' car at home and accepted the lift offered to him but would he listen? Would he heck!

Desserts were lovely by all accounts (I didn't have one, I just steamed on into more of that delicious Cobra beer) and the lads greedily gobbled on Gulab Jamins, ice creams and coffees.

The staff even traded quips and banter with us as we got them to take our photo using my phone for the customary Facebook post from Mad Per.

5 Stars. Great restaurant. Lovely staff.