“Good food and service at a reasonable price.”
Review of Logans Restaurant

Logans Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 46 Restaurants in Prestwick
Cuisines: British
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Romantic, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

On a day trip to Troon we went to Logans Restaurant in the Carlton Hotel, Prestwick for dinner. Lovely, modern restaurant with a good atmosphere. The two course dinner was very good and reasonably priced. Waitress service was also very good. Rounded off a pleasant day trip to Ayrshire.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

My partner booked this last minute for a meal (which happened to be on mothers day but not why we were going out) When he phoned he was surprised that we managed to get fitted in no problem. There was NO MENTION at this time of a set menu or we would have went somewhere else or booked for the carvery.
When we went in we were sat down at a table with just a sheet of paper in front of us which turned out to be the menu. I struggled to pick something, but we just went along with it.
Like all set menus there was an option for 3 courses, and at the top £20.95.
My partner and I had had two courses and were asked if we wanted dessert, to which we replied we were too full, and just wanted the bill.
When the bill came it charged us for 3 courses despite the fact we only both had 2!.
We politely enquired with the waitress, who said, she was sorry it must be a mistake and that if we had 2 courses then we should only pay for 2 courses. Phew!
However the next moment, another woman with short hair (I take it she must be the manager) came over and had quite a bad (in your face attitude) which took us back, she stode over and crouched down at her table and leaned in asking if 'we were the ones complaining about the bill' Before we could explain, she cut in saying "It's £20.95 for the menu, whether you have one course or 3, ok." We just stared at her, and she strode off.
I later complained to reception as I felt that not only were we mislead as at the time of booking we were not told that information, but what if someone came with an elderly person or just someone with a small appetite? They only choose one course and have to pay £20.95? I find that utterly scandalous.
I've never been so disappointed in the Carlton.
Myself and my family have been coming for over 40 years to this place, since it was the original building, but never have I seen this side of it.
The new 'manager' is a sad disappointing choice compared to the lovely helpful young man that has recently went to work in a different establishment.
Very very disappointed.

1  Thank Kimbertron
Reviewed 15 March 2018

Stayed at the Carlton Hotel for two nights Bed and Breakfast and ate in their Logans Restaurant. It was busy both nights for dinner,midweek, which just emphasises how popular it is.
Food was good and well presented and served by pleasant staff.
Good choices for breakfast and the hot breakfasts were cooked to order and were perfect.

Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

This visit not so good?
Roast beef very tough and my mum not able to chew it. Vegetables also very undercooked Had to ask 3 times for juice for my daughter and waited 25 minutes for it to arrive. Car park a shambles. Cars parked on grass areas
We have been several times before and have always had a good experience. I understand it was busy as it was Mother’s Day though not a good experience. Hopefully things will be better organised next year?

RAD-Hotel-Group, Manager at Logans Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review. We appreciate the time you have taken to write this review and would ask if you could kindly contact reception on reception@carlton-prestwick.com so that we can resolve the issues you have brought to our attention.

Kind regards

Reviewed 4 March 2018

Booked into the hotel for the second time this year, the first time we stayed we wrote a review on the hotel but this time we thought we would add a review on 'Logans Restaurant'. We had a two course dinner deal with our booking and we decided not to have a starter but to have a main course and a desert, the restaurant was very busy with it being a Saturday night but the service that we received was first class. When the food arrived we were completely blown away with the quality and taste and to add to that the deserts were also fabulous. I take my hat off to the staff at the hotel and at 'Logans' as they worked their 'Socks Off' during our stay.

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review. We appreciate the time you have taken to write this review. Keep your eyes peeled for more exciting deals.

Kind regards