“Gorgeous lunch enjoyed by both”

Saffy's Cafe Bar & Brasserie
Ranked #4 of 215 Restaurants in Ayr
Price range: US$ 7 - US$ 33
Cuisines: British
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 12 July 2016 via mobile

A very pleasant lunch I opted for the smoked salmon and prawn salad and my partner chose another lunch special the fish cakes, who would even contemplate a dreary sandwich? Both meals accompanied by a locally brewed beer.

2  Thank traceypugh2016

Reviewed 11 July 2016

Seen it rated on tripadvisor so we booked a table for dinner. The waiting staff were very pleasant, we ordered from the specials menu. The haloumi starter was the best haloumi we have ever tasted, served on a lovely salad with a chilli jam - it was brilliant. The sea bass special was also great, and the house wine complemented it nicely.
We would certainly return here the next time we are in Ayr.
In the past we have paid a lot more for poorer quality food elswhere.

2  Thank E M
Reviewed 10 July 2016 via mobile

My husband & i took a trip to Ayr for the day looked up places to go thought why not and sooo glad i did.
Not a bad size place Staff very friendly and the service just right.
The food was soo fresh and Very tasty the prices are very good for what you get.
I would go back 100%

2  Thank Gayle B
Reviewed 8 July 2016 via mobile

Our fav place to go in Ayr. Fresh food. Lovely menu. Service excellent. Relaxed atmosphere. Sea bass special is amazing!!

3  Thank Lisaloves_12
Reviewed 2 July 2016

I went here with my family, as my daughter had just Graduated from Uni.
In the window were loads of high achievements from various travel sites.
The table we had was Pre-Booked and on our arrival were not show but pointed and told by the girl at the Bar/Counter, "Your table is that one by the window".
The Menus were fair but not very descriptive and the "Specials" Menu was presented on a wooden clipboard.
Our server had a really unprofessional, bad habit of saying "COOL" after each person ordered there meal.
The Meal itself was not good, Whilst the Servers and bar staff "Milled" about the bar drying cutlery and glasses we waited and waited for our meal. - around 30 - 35 mins, we never had starters and so thought our meal may be a little longer but as there were 3 Chefs in our party with considerable experience,on reflection the Mains we had should not have taken as long as they did - even if they were all Freshly cooked from scratch (i.e Battered Fish & Chips, Baked Haddock-which looked like it had been steamed, Salmon Fillet).
The meal was Mediocre at best, Nicely presented, but only warm on arrival, the fish was not seasoned at all and the plates could have been wiped/cleaned better before service.
Had our server told us of the Soup of the day we may have had a starter as it was Butternut Squash, as my daughter is Vegetarian this is a particular favourite of hers, we only found out about the soup as we overheard a server at another table mention it when SHE was upselling.
After our main we decided to look at the Desserts menu, again LAX & Unattentive Staff led to us waiting about 15 minutes before the server "COOL" came across to our table, by which time we had got that fed up waiting that we decided to just ask for the bill, which I ended up going to the bar to pay as I got fed up waiting for that also.
I am normally, alright with restaurants but due to the weather and the University Graduation we wanted somewhere cosy and atmospheric for a quite family meal and having seen all the awards, etc in the window of this place we thought we would give it a try.
Throughout the whole dining experience I got the impression that the cleaning of cutlery and glasses was higher on the priority ladder than looking after the customers/guests.
After dining here in this Brasserie, I can only describe the whole experience from the Menus and cost to the service and food as being not much better than a seafront Café you might find in somewhere like Blackpool or Brighton.
Will not be BACK !!!