All reviews stayed one night tea and coffee black pudding comfy bed town centre a lovely stay margaret prestwick
Reviewed 1 November 2016 via mobile

Dirty, rundown, badly organised, insecure, inconsiderate and unprofessional owner.

I've had rooms mixed up, bookings forgotten, keys taken from room, belongings randomly moved from one room to another. Seriously, its a complete joke of a place.

I'd rather sleep in my car!

Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
2  Thank CRC7
Reviewed 7 October 2016

I was looking for dog-friendly accommodation, and this fitted the bill. My room was a good sized twin, clean and comfortable. Although there was a wash basin in the room, the bathroom (lovely and modern as it was) was shared. I received a nice welcome, had good breakfasts, staff were friendly and I would have no hesitation about staying here again. Yes, it's a bit tired and dated, and the stair carpet could do with a shampoo or replacement, but I had no complaints, and heard none from other guests. WiFi couldn't be reached unless you were in the dining room, but I understand this is going to be remedied!

Room Tip: If you need the free WiFi, check that availability in all rooms has been improved!
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank elvanfoot
Reviewed 25 September 2016 via mobile

Had knowone to greet us when we first arrived and had to ring a small bell on the wall and waited for a response. Rang again and then a lady arrived. Wasn't really greeted with a smile but asked what name it was booked under and then she walked off again to get the keys. It'd been raining that evening and we probably must have been waiting for around 15 minutes in total so didn't really want to hang around in the corridor for her to come back with a set of keys. I assumed it would all be ready for us prior to our arrival.

We were meant to be staying in a twin room but the room was all booked up so she gave us the option to have two seperate rooms or a double. We went for the double and she left us with the key for a single by mistake and was also unsure as to which rooms were booked up. Nevertheless we didn't know this and she gave us the key and we went upstairs. After opening the door we found the room was occupied and luckily knowone was sleeping or in there! We rang the bell again and she arrived, and said she thought it was booked up after we told her someone was in there.

After being given the right keys and in the room I found the room was modern, but the door for the bathroom didn't lock or shut. The room was quite close to the main corridor also so we could hear people when they moved to and from their rooms.

Desipte this, the room was clean, and very spacious. Breakfast was a simple menu, and felt like we were in a cafe. Communication was done through a serving hatch after a meal had been ordered. I asked for orange juice and she said they had ran out, which was very dissappointing so I had to have water as I don't drink tea or coffee. We had to fetch our own drinks and toast from the serving hatch which we weren't pleased about and it was then when I noticed there was also a dog in the kitchen..

When paying she wasn't sure on the total either or if we had already paid and my friend had to say what it actually was else she would have charged us more for our stay.

Overall wouldn't recommend, even at the price it was. I feel there is much better occomodation in the area.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank Liam_37
Reviewed 24 September 2016 via mobile

The hotel is on the left and yes you need to get a good swing into the entrance but its not horrendous. Great welcome from Margaret and we had room 6 on the ground floor which was nice and quiet . There is a very nice lounge for guests with a good sized tv and books. Our room only had a very small window in the corner but it was fine for us. The heating had been put on for us but we had to turn it off and open the window. The storage in the room was great and looked almost new and the bed was very comfortable. The shower area was also looking new and provided plenty of hot water. The whole place was clean and we did not see the dog somebody mentioned until the man took it out in the morning. The girls serving the breakfast were very friendly and there is certainly a good variety and plenty of it. We would definitely book here again.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 August 2016

Arrived on Saturday morning room was ready for us clean. on-suite was clean shower was great . Only complaint was a gate banging all night with the wind. Said to owner about it when we were paying the bill and gave us money off the price of the room which was good of her. Breakfast was great and plenty of it from fruit juice , cereal to the full Scottish breakfast tea an toast which was great value. Would stay here again

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple